Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

13 minutes ago, KOMH said:

1M on Twitter and 7M on Instagram. Am I crazy for thinking a 1M debut is within reach? :deadbanana4: The hype is REAL

The album announcement has 600k likes on Facebook and her profile pic has 900k likes :deadvision:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

I love that Taylor is releasing a brand new album but all the OLHs can think of and talk about is Lover

FU9fd7u.gif

Staying on your minds 24/7

FU9fd7u.gif

It's crazy to think there is hype in this while she has been constantly releasing music since Lover, she is very powerful :rip:

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

I feel like it’s way too early to call it.

A good example is Ariana. She posted a tweet about being excited to release her album (Positions) 2 weeks before the release date and received 1.2 million likes. The album only sold 174,000 in its first week. Of course Taylor will sell more than that but likes alone definitely won’t equate to 1 million sales. She’d have to promote A LOT

I think it hinges on how explosive the lead is. If the estimates from jerrysversion are anything to go by, she's easily outdoing Lover's debut. 

Imagine if this is her true magnum opus. As much as I adored folklore, I finished the album on first listen thinking it sounded like a transitional album. Evermore (an album I loved too) was more of the same. There’s also supposedly a case to be made that the folkmore records aren’t completely authentic because there was so much influence from her collaborators and idols.

but what if this is her true career highlight. What im hoping for is less love songs or relationship songs, and more introspective and groundbreaking themes. What can she do with 13 songs that will top everything she’s offered since 2020?

Lover keeping Lover haters pressed and seething even during a new album announcement week. :jonny: the impact.

Edited by Heartbreak Prince

22 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Imagine if this is her true magnum opus. As much as I adored folklore, I finished the album on first listen thinking it sounded like a transitional album. Evermore (an album I loved too) was more of the same. There’s also supposedly a case to be made that the folkmore records aren’t completely authentic because there was so much influence from her collaborators and idols.

but what if this is her true career highlight. What im hoping for is less love songs or relationship songs, and more introspective and groundbreaking themes. What can she do with 13 songs that will top everything she’s offered since 2020?

folklore was a true career highlight!

Just now, GRMusic said:

folklore was a true career highlight!

Definitely so far. It’s my favourite album from her. But I still feel like there’s somewhere bigger to go.

23 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

I agree it might be another signature record album. I do think Fearless, 1989 and Midnights have 13 songs for a reason. I hope it will be another legendary album because the timing couldn't be better. :jonnycat:

37 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

What im hoping for is less love songs or relationship songs, and more introspective and groundbreaking themes. What can she do with 13 songs that will top everything she’s offered since 2020?

Absolutely agreed. She needs to throw a curveball with the lyrics, which, given the album description, it's looking like she will. The concept already sounds like her best to date, which is insane to think about considering how profound Folklore's was.

An album of just 13 songs is a really bold move in the streaming era. Hopefully it’s still got a long run time. 

whew, SO many great albums coming out this year...can't wait for this one.

I can’t wait 

Imma purchase my usual

itunes

Album

and vinly

and download from her store 

4 copies on lock for me!!!

On 8/29/2022 at 5:28 AM, Dula Peep said:

Video of the Year? For what? :biblio:

:giraffe:

The delusion in here that folklore is the standard, blinded by the hype that still have everyone believing that 1989 is her best pop album too... :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, Folklore89sm said:

An album of just 13 songs is a really bold move in the streaming era. Hopefully it’s still got a long run time. 

Look at the success of SOUR, the most streamed female album daily for a year. Short albums are thankfully as good an idea as ever, longevity-wise.

If she’s really annoying, she won’t release a single before the Grammy-deadline on sept. 30:doc:

4 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

Yeah, Jerry is pretty accurate. If anything he's maybe a few thousand off but his estimates are pretty reliable. 

Already 100k pure just based on the low estimates. She never loses :wanda:

I just know that no die hard fan is buying the cd since they’re waiting for the signed copies :dies:

21 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

I just know that no die hard fan is buying the cd since they’re waiting for the signed copies :dies:

real fans will just buy both

Somebody said that one side of the vinyl is 23 mins and there are 2 sides so one vinyl is 46 mins long

so that means the album is max 46 mins?

53 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

The delusion in here that folklore is the standard, blinded by the hype that still have everyone believing that 1989 is her best pop album too... :toofunny2:

1989 is factually her best pop album, it's not like Reputation or Lover would be any competition. :rip:

25 minutes ago, Feetree said:

Somebody said that one side of the vinyl is 23 mins and there are 2 sides so one vinyl is 46 mins long

I was hoping for a longer run time. That averages out at 3:54 per song. No ten minute songs this time round I guess.

28 minutes ago, Feetree said:

It seems like it’ll def be under 50 mins. Which is another reason I think the album will be pop as the tracks are typically shorter.

5 hours ago, mypaintoyou said:

Max Martin was at the same vma after party with Taylor and rose from black pink 

yhe black pink collab coming 

it’s just so weird to me how an album with this cover, aesthetic and concept could have a Blackpink collab or “bangers”’ as so many stans are expecting :deadbanana2: