Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

No offense to Taylor but does this mean the award winners know in advance that they're gonna win? I mean ATW was the "biggest" project/video so it had good chances but imagine if she shows up and they give the award to someone else :rip: awkward. 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

36 minutes ago, djcalpal said:

TAYLOR AND CARLY RAE ON THE SAME DAY? MY LGBT BODY IS READY!!! 

They called each other and said we’re going to give the gays everything they want 

AHHHH her album announcements always make it feel like christmas :jonnycat: I SHOT out of bed when I saw the news just like I did with folklore/evermore

how do we know that's the cover though

the title + cover + explanation is really giving me compilation/greatest hits album vibes

The way I fell asleep half way through the awards and missed all this, and woke up this morning to texts from 15 friends & family in the gp who all know I’m a swiftie telling me she announced a new album :deadbanana4:

The way she keeps us fat and fed :jonny6:

6 minutes ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

the title + cover + explanation is really giving me compilation/greatest hits album vibes

No way this is happening, otherwise, there wouldn't be a need to hide the track names (Track #1, Track #2, etc.). Also, if it were a compilation she wouldn't make us wait two months or launch it like a new era (which it obviously is). 

Finally, the greatest hits is out of the question atm considering half of the masters for some of her biggest hits (SIO, BS, BB, etc.) are still owned by Scooter. 

17 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

AHHHH her album announcements always make it feel like christmas :jonnycat: I SHOT out of bed when I saw the news just like I did with folklore/evermore

how do we know that's the cover though

Making me imagine if she'd announced a Xmas album/EP instead - the lashings :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

No way this is happening, otherwise, there wouldn't be a need to hide the track names (Track #1, Track #2, etc.). Also, if it were a compilation she wouldn't make us wait two months or launch it like a new era (which it obviously is). 

Finally, the greatest hits is out of the question atm considering half of the masters for some of her biggest hits (SIO, BS, BB, etc.) are still owned by Scooter. 

Yeah I don't believe it's actually her old songs in compilations, more like a semi tv concept where she remade old demos. Hope it's a normal and (new) album tho 

Midnights is a Tame Impala-esque psychedelic rock album with Kevin Parker, Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff

477e55e02811f19a1ddc468058b9e328.jpg

Edited by State of Grace.

11 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

We won but at what cost

It's not like she'll do it even if there's no new album :rip:

i don't know why but i'm predicting Closure intro-esque productions for this album. 

I am obsessed with the cover, vibe, whole theme..etc :jonny:  Any word on the sound she's going for this album? 

I just remembered that tea from The Sun about her next album sounding like Stevie Nicks / Joan Armatrading and her working with so many up-and-coming female artists and producers. They have been kinda reliable in recent years tbh so I'm perched.

1 hour ago, Feetree said:

oprah_what_is_the_truth.jpeg 

Maybe what will change is there will be the actual names of the tracks?

Do we think she's gonna drop a single? Her wording reminds me of what she said for Red TV and we didn't get a single scrap till the album release.

5 minutes ago, truthteller said:

what is this? new era? or remastered demo?:WAP:

Era

1 hour ago, Swiftie07 said:

This. Some Swifties don't know how lucky we are. She's the new RiRi I fear. 

As a fan of both, Swift is not the new Riri.  Rihanna used to keep us filled with a constant stream of great hit songs.  

Taylor keeps us filled with a constant stream of complete bodies of work (though I wish the single selection was better) 

11 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

Do we think she's gonna drop a single? Her wording reminds me of what she said for Red TV and we didn't get a single scrap till the album release.

she made it clear with folklore / evermore that she's over "eras" and singles so I don't know what to expect. Unless she changed her mind. I'm expecting one song 3-4 weeks ahead of the album release maybe.