Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

10 hours ago, Xpress2019 said:

I’m sorry but CLEARLY the Brit Award loss were not based on numbers or sales because if they were, she would’ve won. How in the world did she not deserve both International Artist of the Year and International Single for AH?! What?! AH has been almost twice as big as BMS in the U.K! 

Yeah i agree, it's pretty ridiculous. 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

exile ends today

12 hours ago, Xpress2019 said:

I’m sorry but CLEARLY the Brit Award loss were not based on numbers or sales because if they were, she would’ve won. How in the world did she not deserve both International Artist of the Year and International Single for AH?! What?! AH has been almost twice as big as BMS in the U.K! 

They aren't. I think only the nominations are decided by sales/streams.

But for the final awards, they are voted by the UK music industry people and journalists/critics.

And the British industry simply seems to prefer Beyoncé/BMS over Taylor/AH :gaycat6:

Edited by Feanor

2 hours ago, Dephira said:

Omg, Wildest Dreams is already at 992m streams combined :deadbanana:

Wildest Dreams should be the most successful 1989 single. It's just so GOOD. This bridge always hits so hard, even all these years later. 

I'm happy that the 3 main highlights of 1989 (Blank Space, Style and Wildest Dreams) are the most successful songs on the album. 

Break My Soul seems to be a huge critics fave, but AH is just so much bigger (and it was also acclaimed). AH deserved the Brits and it deserves SOTY on next year's Grammys too :lakitu:

Renaissance is probably seen as Beyoncé's big comeback, so i understand why she won her award over Taylor, who's been here all these years uninterruptedly.

4k more than HDD's numbers :clap3:

Also just passed Speak Now's weeks in the top 10

The album is having really good longevity, expectedly. I think forum gays who see it as a decline in her discog are a minority, the GP really like it. I also think this means we aren't getting SNTV for a while still, she won't want to bury it the way Evermore was when Fearless TV was released.

Can you come around?

Passion is a passing thing

It's accidental chemistry

Lust is a Liar

A short lived fire

That ain't what you and I are at all

It's a neeeeed!

It's a nEEEeeEEEed!

:jonnycat:

how did this get cut from Lover?!?

19 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

The album is having really good longevity, expectedly. I think forum gays who see it as a decline in her discog are a minority, the GP really like it. I also think this means we aren't getting SNTV for a while still, she won't want to bury it the way Evermore was when Fearless TV was released.

It's not even comparable. Evermore was a much smaller album, not really a Folklore side B but something similar in the eyes of most people. I don't think she did any harm to that album releasing Fearless TV. I agree with you in your Midnights - Speak Now TV take, but I also think she should drop it before the US leg of the Tour comes to an end in order to benefit from that boost.

She shouldn't drop SN before September tbh, and then maybe 1989 in April/May 2024

Edited by rebeltwat

If she performs at the Super Bowl, I hope at least Anti Hero make the setlist. 

27 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

If she performs at the Super Bowl, I hope at least Anti Hero make the setlist. 

When she finally does the SB, Anti Hero is definitely making the list. 

Love Story

You Belong With Me

I Knew You Were Trouble

Blank Space 

Shake It Off

Anti Hero

will 100% be in her setlist if she ever does the halftime show, with the toss ups being:

Our Song

Sparks Fly / Enchanted

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Style

Wildest Dreams

Bad Blood

Look What You Made Me Do

Lover

Willow reggaeton remix :keir:

You Belong With Me

Blank Space

Style

Bad Blood / Trouble

Anti-Hero / Wildest Dreams (acoustic medley)

Shake It Off

Love Story

folklore+evermore is so getting snubbed :jonny:

Edited by enchanted0

17 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

The way Jack + Aaron probably will be her guests :skull: 

I wouldn't mind another cardigan / august / willow remix

3+ week lead #1s this century

vi rihanna umbrella/sos/work/diamonds/we found love/rude

v taylor never/shake/blank/look/hero

katy kissed/cali/fire/et/horse

bey crazy/baby/check/irreplaceable/ladies

iv adele rolling/someone/hello/easy

iii jennifer i'm real/ain't it funny/all i have

No SB thus far: Taylor, Adele. We'll see if that changes

I don't want her to do the SBHS anytime soon. She is still performing crazily well. I'd rather she wait for her career to need an actual boost to do it. 

Yeah I'm fine if Taylor doesn't do the SB anytime soon. She really doesn't even need it it's hilarious + she's already filling stadiums anyways :gaycat6: 

Just now, Klein said:

I don't want her to do the SBHS anytime soon. She is still performing crazily well. I'd rather she wait for her career to need an actual boost to do it. 

Agree, she has nothing to gain if she does it now. In fact her massive success makes her a huge target to try to bring down, as we are constantly reminded.

12 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Agree, she has nothing to gain if she does it now. In fact her massive success makes her a huge target to try to bring down, as we are constantly reminded.

This. Also, nostalgia is the most important factor for a SBHS. You don't have nostalgia factor when you're on top. 

If there was ever a time during her career to do the Superbowl, it would have been in 2022, if the TVs didn't exist.