Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

21 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Wow. This thread was at the bottom of page 2.  Is that a first?  

Is this thread dropping out of top 10?

Frontloaded flop era I’m afraid :redface:

Listening to Bejeweled and imagining if a better producer had worked on it :chick3: Taylor served flawless glass-cutting lyrics and Hack phoned in the production. It could have been one of her best pop songs ever.. We need remixes at least 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

They should end the era with a Midnight Rain mv to secure another streaming smash

9 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Tour is already next month :rip: 

i'm glad it's starting soon because i've been wanting her to perform for so long :dies:

That Taylor/Bad Bunny approaching 100k followers in 2 days. WTF!!

Also all the songs included are seeing big boosts. :deadbanana2:

Can't even fathom the numbers a collab from them would do...

51 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

That Taylor/Bad Bunny approaching 100k followers in 2 days. WTF!!

Also all the songs included are seeing big boosts. :deadbanana2:

Can't even fathom the numbers a collab from them would do...

These things don't usually work out. Aside from the fact that their music is nothing alike, they are so huge that the fans would set up weird and unreachable expectations. First day's numbers would be interesting to see, however. Biggest artist in Latin America and biggest artist in Anglosphere & South East Asia (western) driving their big audiences to the same song.

Edited by Bonicap

The way Fearless, Red, and 1989 (her og peaks) all doubled in units while she still sold more than 40M units from new albums :dies: the mass release excuse literally makes no sense since her streams should be cannibalizing each other but instead she just wont stop growing :deadbanana4:

I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan but I love the song -Bejeweled- The video is great too. Out of all the songs, I was hoping she would put out that as the next single. 

It sounds so much like a classic Taylor Swift song and a good follow-up to Anti-Hero. Lavender Haze can be third. Anyone agree?

26 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

The way Fearless, Red, and 1989 (her og peaks) all doubled in units while she still sold more than 40M units from new albums :dies: the mass release excuse literally makes no sense since her streams should be cannibalizing each other but instead she just wont stop growing :deadbanana4:

She is gaining more than 60K daily units from streaming alone. That means +22M units in a year while at the same time she is the biggest pure seller by a mile. I don't know for how long will she be able to keep this pace, but it's an absolute madness.

Edited by Bonicap

streets are saying Taylor will do a cameo on paramore's new vid 

Anddd Hayley is dressed as a cheerleader rn at the superbowl music fest :penguin:  they're onto something

Love the new LH remix :clap3:

As long as it keeps LH charting I don't mind :duca:

I mean, that Morgan Wallen album bomb will surely send LH into recurrency anyway :redface:

Wouldn't it make more sense for her to drop the remix when the MV dropped? :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

There's no way for this song to re-peak after debuting at #2 so whatever they do is just gravy honestly

Makes sense, i was thinking of prioritizing or building up the hype? But also true. I hope we get more videos this Era. 

Just now, FightDragonsWithMe said:

Makes sense, i was thinking of prioritizing or building up the hype? But also true. I hope we get more videos this Era. 

Maybe they're hoping to secure a few more top 15/20 weeks by drawing out their tactics over time vs. 1 big splashy week that maybe could have gotten it 1 more week in the top 10 before going back out of the top 20

2 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Maybe they're hoping to secure a few more top 15/20 weeks by drawing out their tactics over time vs. 1 big splashy week that maybe could have gotten it 1 more week in the top 10 before going back out of the top 20

Yeah that makes a lot more sense to me! I'm just still thinking about big first weeks I should let that mindset go for the singles :gaycat6:

13 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

There's no way for this song to re-peak after debuting at #2 so whatever they do is just gravy honestly

Yeah, i don't think this serves any special purpose. They already paid the producer so they drop it anyway.

3 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Yeah, i don't think this serves any special purpose. They already paid the producer so they drop it anyway.

Yeah people need to learn these remixes were probably planned and paid for months ago. She's contractly obliged to release them I think.  :bloo:

55 minutes ago, By the Water said:

I mean, that Morgan Wallen album bomb will surely send LH into recurrency anyway :redface:

At least it will float around for 4 more weeks :gaycat1:

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Thats the 20th tracking week. Can only start going recurrent in week 21