Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

I kind of hope she only does the Super Bowl when she's older. Like Madonna nnnn.

She clearly doesn't need it for now.

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

47 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Its been forever on streaming. Cornelia Street is over 40M on Spotify, the rest is really tanking

I mean Cornelia Street, Daylight, and DBATC are the only ones worth streaming imo. :lakitu:

sacRed was already stable in the top 50, if they shipped the vinyl all at once it would’ve easily reentered the top 20 if not 10…

When Taylor brings out the GIANT snake statue at her superbowl performance.. iconic 

ophiophobes are shaking i fear

Edited by TaylenaStan

25 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

am I the only one hearing like 3 Tay songs in this:dies:

Girl it's a sample of this early 2000s classic, not Taylor.

14 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

:toofunny2:

This cannot be coincidental 

Yeah I dont want her to do the superbowl yet. She doesn't need a career boost at all. I know a lot of headliners do it at their peak ex: Katy, Beyonce etc...BUT I rather Taylor saves it for when she may need a career boost like Madonna or Gaga. They both managed to score top 10 hits and had a respectful catalog boost due to it. 

Taylor should save it for when she could potentially experience a true commercial slope maybe in the next 5 to 10 years. At this rate she may never have a legit slope lol but she could for sure start to lose some of her popularity in her 40s so it would be useful at that point. Plus she'll be UNARGUABLY a legend by that point so the nostalgia among the GP will be REAL lol. Her catalog boost will be INSANE. 

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Career highlight, it's true!

Between this and Afterglow I need her and Joe to fight more often

28 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Yeah I dont want her to do the superbowl yet. She doesn't need a career boost at all. I know a lot of headliners do it at their peak ex: Katy, Beyonce etc...BUT I rather Taylor saves it for when she may need a career boost like Madonna or Gaga. They both managed to score top 10 hits and had a respectful catalog boost due to it. 

Taylor should save it for when she could potentially experience a true commercial slope maybe in the next 5 to 10 years. At this rate she may never have a legit slope lol but she could for sure start to lose some of her popularity in her 40s so it would be useful at that point. Plus she'll be UNARGUABLY a legend by that point so the nostalgia among the GP will be REAL lol. Her catalog boost will be INSANE. 

I have a feeling that her inevitable decline - after all, everyone peaks eventually - is going to be very slow, very gradual. She's moving more units per year now than she ever did before, even at the height of the 1989 era, and it's spread wide across her discography instead of concentrated in the active era of the moment. I could honestly see her being one of those rare acts that can get a #1 album without much effort decades down the road with the occasional "comeback" era that makes a few more waves.

One of the biggest mysteries to me, and the most exciting part of all this, is what sounds she'll try once she stops wanting to be this massive pop force. I'll admit I was fully aboard the "please never do pop again" train, but Midnights shocked me - quality, popularity, everything. There will come a time where sticking with pop isn't worth it anymore though. I'm hopeful we'll get all sorts of beautiful records from her. A rock album finally, a return to country, another folkmore sister if she ever decides to revisit that space, and my absolute dream: an album full of nothing but her live voice and an acoustic guitar.

The Super Bowl thing can come when it's time for one of those records or something. Maybe with a rock album - that seems conducive to a cool live show and she can pull in a few of her folkmore era friends as guests.

littlebodybigheart
11 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Not Midnights shocking you in terms of quality. It shocked me too

yeah of course it did. lol.

anyway, i want her to do the superbowl within the next 3 years. it’s not about her needing the catalog boost but i need the world to see what a great performer she actually is. i’m sure she’ll get so much praise.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Taylor is waiting until all of the TVs are done before taking on the Super Bowl. It’s one thing to have random album tracks going viral and doing well, but the majority of her most streamed albums now are all post Rep (with the exception of 1989). The kind of catalog boost we would see from the SB would be extremely massive, and she’s going to want the original first six albums to be represented as little as possible in that boost. 

I suppose the only one that wouldn’t matter much would be Debut (justice for it, though :chick3:), but there’s no way she’s doing the SB without 1989, Speak Now, and Rep being re-recorded. 

31 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

yeah of course it did. lol.

anyway, i want her to do the superbowl within the next 3 years. it’s not about her needing the catalog boost but i need the world to see what a great performer she actually is. i’m sure she’ll get so much praise.

You forget that people form their opinion before the show and not after.

I believe taylor will put in 100% effort for the superbowl and raise the bar back to the standard of shakira/jlo/katy/Madonna!!!!

I want her to sing don't blame me at the start of the show, next she can consider to sing a medley of August, blank space, cardigan, willow, lover, anti-hero, karma

Then shake if off, i knew you were trouble and you belong with me

Lastly, an emotional moment for her to sing all too well which will be the highlight!!!!

Edited by wsurferwayne

littlebodybigheart
34 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

You forget that people form their opinion before the show and not after.

so what’s she gonna do then? not perform ever because some people already made up their minds that they don’t like her? :rip:

she’ll be just fine. and i’m sure she’ll gain a lot more respect if she does a huge spectacle. she’s a perfectionist so i see her pulling all the stops.

13 hours ago, Toxicity. said:

Taylor doesn’t need the halftime right now. She’s literally doing 2 sold out nights at that same stadium in a month :rip:  

She doesn't need it at all right now but the superbowl stage reaches far beyond that tiny little stadium....into nearly every household of the US :rip:

1 hour ago, flashdagoat said:

She doesn't need it at all right now but the superbowl stage reaches far beyond that tiny little stadium....into nearly every household of the US :rip:

Yes and she doesn’t need that exposure right now. She had 14 million people queued for Eras tickets. Leave that for her washed up era. 

Taylor charts 9 albums a week in the US. She’d be too powerful with a Super Bowl :deadbanana2: 

I hate that Midnights has more weeks at number two than at number one on BB200 :skull:

Is this her Karma.m4a for blocking Rihanna and Drake in Hot 100? :mad:

13 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

I hate that Midnights has more weeks at number two than at number one on BB200 :skull:

Is this her Karma.m4a for blocking Rihanna and Drake in Hot 100? :mad:

The fact it would've been her album with the most weeks at #1 if SOS wasn't released to match Anti Hero being her longest running #1 single :deadbanana: 

Edited by Kyle-x

I don't want Taylor to do the Super Bowl yet. She's a very polarizing figure right now. She's gonna give her 110% for the performance, and a portion of the population will dismiss her regardless of what she does. She does not deserve that.