• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

I love how ambitious she is. I wish the more gifted artists had this level of ambition too. As we've seen with Rosalia ambition and unbridled talent can result in a captivating body of work (Motomami)

She really dropped pop for good, thank god :fan: Excited for another potential aoty

Not me falling asleep like 20 mins before the announcement :rip: But was a nice surprise to wake up to!
Cant believe i was right and we're getting TS10 before the next re-recording :jonnycat:

I just wonder if/when we get the lead single and what kinda sound the album will be... the description makes me feel it will be like folkmore (i love those albums but i need a new sound for now).. kinda hoping the Side A/B means one side about good dreams and one side about nightmares? idk 

From the description it doesn't sound like pop at all. It's giving country/alternative/rock.

I feel a folklore/evermore meets Red vibe. Sad, angry and dark but a bit more uptempo. 

Kid of of 90s adult contemporary vibe. 

3 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

From the description it doesn't sound like pop at all. It's giving country/alternative/rock.

I feel a folklore/evermore meets Red vibe. Sad, angry and dark but a bit more uptempo. 

The imagery gives me everything but folkmore. It'going to be a soft rock record

I do think we're getting something on Friday cause I think that if she wasn't to win tonight she would've maybe announced Thursday/Friday with a single drop at midnight (even if they tell the artist if they'll win beforehand she could've decided to anticipate the announcement for this reason)

The Lana collab better be the lead :jonny5:

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

The imagery gives me everything but folkmore. It'going to be a soft rock record

Agree that it would be more soft rock, but I also see it having the vibe of songs like this is me trying, mirrorball, mad woman, hoax.

16 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

This.

I think its v much implied shes left the woods from folkmore and is in the city, sad and alone.

City aesthetics always mean its gonna be some subgenre of pop. Whether or not its uptempo is still up in the air.

Im still PRAYING she'll do The 1975s sound!

4 minutes ago, Hunter_13 said:

She's insane :gaycat6:

She is the queen of streaming at this point :clap3:

KSJSKQKSKSKS WHAT THE **** 

I went to sleep in the middle of the VMAs being mad at her for showing up to that fad show after months of radio silence KSKKQKSK FORGIVE ME TAYLORD SWIFT :jonny2:

25 minutes ago, Ombre said:

I love how ambitious she is. I wish the more gifted artists had this level of ambition too. As we've seen with Rosalia ambition and unbridled talent can result in a captivating body of work (Motomami)

Now that u mentioned MOTOMAMI which had strong cyberpunk elements I would love for Taylor to do a REAL concept album set in the cyberpunk realm. shes given us aesthetic and sonic concepts (folkmore's lyricism still was about her but just projected to be anonymous except for a few tracks) but shes never given us an album thats lyrically, sonically and aesthetically a CONCEPT 

Kinda like MOTOMAMI except all the songs arent related to her but rather the world shes creating, a Cyberpunk 2077 (its a video game)

Excited for this! She's smart serving a curveball and releasing a new album. If she has the right songs and stories to tell, why wait? The re-recordings will sell anyway. Interested in her talking about "terrors" - what are some "dark" Taylor Swift songs? I can only think of Carolina and I like that song! She should head in that direction, maybe with some electronic elements

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Wait what was the tea

That she’s covering British Vogue in October and (I think) US Vogue in Nov

Just now, MingYouToo said:

This.

I think its v much implied shes left the woods from folkmore and is in the city, sad and alone.

City aesthetics always mean its gonna be some subgenre of pop. Whether or not its uptempo is still up in the air.

Im still PRAYING she'll do The 1975s sound!

Yep yep we're back in NYC now. But the blues from the woods still linger... 

I keep picturing more of a The National, Bon Iver sound. I'm sure this was produced by Aaron Dessner again. I hope it's something like thid that they just dropped, which is amazing

Loving the concept , the cover the explanation of the concept. Sooo elegant.

Her mind is just too good :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Bindi said:

That she’s covering British Vogue in October and (I think) US Vogue in Nov

Hmm interesting. It will probably be a double cover for both issues in October like they did for Adele last year.