Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

10 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I mean they’re right, the album is mediocre and lackluster, but she’s so big that she simply cannot flop.

point is the album is not just "not flopping", it's smashing and beating streaming records. And that's because the GP is loving it. 

Edited by vale9001

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

9 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I mean they’re right, the album is mediocre and lackluster, but she’s so big that she simply cannot flop.

Album is interesting and fresh for me :lakitu: and millions of others it seems. That’s the cool thing about subjectivity 

I feel that midnights will obviously be taylor's 2nd biggest era in terms of singles after 1989 if she milked the era with pushing the next few songs as singles:

Anti-hero - peak #1 for about 6 to 8 weeks (about 40 WoC)

lavender haze - peak #1 for about 4 to 6 weeks (about 45 WoC)

you're on your own kid - peak #5 (about 30 - 35 WoC)

karma  - peak #1 for about 2 to 3 weeks (about 35 to 40 WoC)

midnight rain - peak #3 (about 35 woc)

would've could've should've (this song deserve a lot remixes like anti-hero) - peak #7 (about 35 woc)

Bejeweled - peak #6 (about 30 WoC)

Edited by wsurferwayne

8 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:
1 =
Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy
51 1 (x5) 77.41 +1.24            
2 =
Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero
34 2 (x3) 72.97 +1.23

Unholy :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

The real surprise is in the Uk. Rep and lover singles were disappointing there. Apparently folklore-avermore really rebuild her appeal (after all even lover after folklore got a big boost and longevity). #1 after 5 weeks both on Spotify and AM is really impressive. 

Hope anti-hero will also be taylor's longest charting single in the uk!!!! it deserves to chart more than 60 weeks in the uk!!!

3 minutes ago, wsurferwayne said:

Hope anti-hero will also be taylor's longest charting single in the uk!!!! it deserves to chart more than 60 weeks in the uk!!!

we'll see

Edited by vale9001

Good Spotify update today. Next days will be tragic with Thanksgiving+Weekend+Christmas, so brace yourselves for impact. :rip:

7 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

It wouldnt be doing over 30M on day 34 unless a whole lot of people really loved the album

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

point is the album is not just "not flopping", it's smashing and beating streaming records. And that's because the GP is loving it. 

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Album is interesting and fresh for me :lakitu: and millions of others it seems. That’s the cool thing about subjectivity 

Yes, all true. I don’t know, for me the album just goes nowhere. It’s just too safe and feels like a regression lirically and sonically from folk/more.

Maybe my expectations were too high and expected her to do something interesting and new  :michael:

12 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Yes, all true. I don’t know, for me the album just goes nowhere. It’s just too safe and feels like a regression lirically and sonically from folk/more.

Maybe my expectations were too high and expected her to do something interesting and new  :michael:

I think Midnights is within the boundaries of her musical landscape specifically because she’s in the process of re-recording her past albums, and by nature she’s hearing her old songs and remembering her past lives and past experiences. I feel like the album that came out in the middle of the re-recordings was always destined to end up as some combination of everything she’s done up until this point. I think once the Taylor’s Versions era is over we’ll see her experiment even more with her sound.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

36 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Just randomly coming in just to say something negative :rip: 

it's her best pop album and the GP seems to love it too. She's a pop artist first, of course she wasn't going to keep making folklore, as much as that is my favorite album of hers, I can just listen to the indie artists I listen to for that

Edited by Starchild

On 10/19/2022 at 11:32 AM, nasa said:

good luck booking that 85 you speak of

Booked and delivered :turkey:

55 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Now AH is #1 for 5 weeks, look at how far we have came :ahh: 

It’s still not a great album.

as the (barely) featured artist said: If everyone likes it, maybe it’s not that good.

3 minutes ago, Slayn said:

It’s still not a great album.

as the (barely) featured artist said: If everyone likes it, maybe it’s not that good.

you're showing not everyone is liking it. Being a successfull album doesn't mean everyone is liking it.

When i sad Gp is loving it is because someone said "she is so popular she can flop" like this album is successfull only for the swifties, while clearly with this numbers on AM after all this time (its core target is not exactly "the swifties") it's also clicking a lot for the GP audience. As 1989 did.

Edited by vale9001

Midnights isn't BAD but Midnights isn't as GOOD as the aesthetic and the description she teased. Saying it's bad when it's doing really well just doesn't make sense. 

And I thought we left this topic already. 

Also you're  are boring. 

The beatles made cringey pop like o bla di o bla da and Something and the second part of Abbey Road few months later, then 6 months after Hey Jude, the classic pop song you sing on the beach. With only the experimental stuff and without hey jude beatles wouldn't be the beatles. 

What makes the difference and the real genius part in the pop making is when you have the range, it's the way you can play with the highs and experiment with the lows. Elton loves the experimentation and loves the cringe. He made Goodbye yellow big road and Rock of the westies 2 years after. This is why it's one of the more interesting pop writer of all time. The fact you all act as silliness is not a fundamental part of pop music. If you don't believe in this you don't like pop music, but you listen to it and not to accademic and classic music  so you like it but you need to play with the most stupid concept ever created by the human mind: the guilty pleasure!. There is only plasure, not pleasure is guilty. 

Taylor is the biggest pop star cause she made me! and cardigan and then midnight rain just in 2 years.

That's what pop music should be.

"She can write All too well and she has written now something like karma. Shame!"

Being able to make both since when makes you a weaker artist instead than a more talented and complex POP writer?. 

Edited by vale9001

30 minutes ago, Starchild said:

it's her best pop album and the GP seems to love it too.

Midnight’s ain’t even better than lover :rip:

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Ok go listen to ME! and London Boy and I Forgot That You Existed I guess :rip: 

video-less female songs, days on us spotify t10:

rockin around the christmas tree 80 - ig in the 50s a mv wasn't a priority?

ain't **** 39 - only a live performance video

favorite crime 32

midnight rain 30

savage remix 30

happier 29

maroon 26

savage 22 - technically only a lyric video

karma 21

she needs to sit down for a while with the tvs, let midnights reach its full potential

31 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

This site just loves to be contrarians and with the worst music taste too :doc:

27 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Ok go listen to ME! and London Boy and I Forgot That You Existed I guess :rip: 

i fail to find anything remotely as good as Cruel Summer, Cornelia Street and DBATC on Midnights :celestial5:

Also Karma, Vigilante ****, Dear Reader are lowkey as bad as the songs you mentioned :giraffe:

30 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

video-less female songs, days on us spotify t10:

rockin around the christmas tree 80 - ig in the 50s a mv wasn't a priority?

ain't **** 39 - only a live performance video

favorite crime 32

midnight rain 30

savage remix 30

happier 29

maroon 26

savage 22 - technically only a lyric video

karma 21

Wow, that’s actually pretty cool. You ignoring Lavender Haze already :dies: 

Moron, MIDnight Pain, Qanon...?, Vigieilish Swift, The Great Bore, Drug Dealer are all terrible songs and worse than anything on Lover :sorry:

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

i fail to find anything remotely as good as Cruel Summer, Cornelia Street and DBATC on Midnights :celestial5:

Also Karma, Vigilante ****, Dear Reader are lowkey as bad as the songs you mentioned :giraffe:

You named the only 3 great songs on Lover honestly :rip: 

what Midnights might lack in “highs” is made up for by a lack of catastrophic lows. I’m sorry but nothing on Midnights is worse than ME!, This Is Why We Cant Have Nice Things, or Welcome to New York. Vigilante **** is low but at worst it’s just middle of the road. It’s not a bad song — just mid. The album doesn’t have one song so abysmal that it drags everything else around it down, and certainly not Karma or Dear Reader :rip: 

Question is walking a fine line though.. way to ruin the 1-6 punch of the albums opening :biblio:

2 minutes ago, dylanx said:

Moron, MIDnight Pain, Qanon...?, Vigieilish Swift, The Great Bore, Drug Dealer are all terrible songs and worse than anything on Lover :sorry:

The Great War and Maroon are some of the best written songs on this album, and not much Mid about Godnight Slain if so many people are resonating with it — it’s the biggest track that isn’t Anti Hero or Lavender Haze :dies:  and idk what’s up with this Dear Reader slander today :biblio: