Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

6 minutes ago, taylordswift13 said:

The amount of my GP friends liking/sharing Taylor's announcement... if she gets the lead single right she could have a legit career-defining smash :WAP:

This is her first pre-release single since the Lover era so it will be much better positioned to be a proper hit than any of the Folkmore and Taylor's Version singles. "Willow" ended up being a moderate hit with longevity on the Hot 100 but all the other singles peaked high and fell like rocks.

Still can't believe how she wasted potential hits by not releasing "Don't Blame Me", "Cruel Summer" and "Exile". All three of those tracks could've been #1 on pop radio. Like as massive as her career is she could be in an even better position right now with even more smash hits the public knows.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This is her first pre-release single since the Lover era so it will be much better positioned to be a proper hit than any of the Folkmore and Taylor's Version singles. "Willow" ended up being a moderate hit with longevity on the Hot 100 but all the other singles peaked high and fell like rocks.

Still can't believe how she wasted potential hits by not releasing "Don't Blame Me", "Cruel Summer" and "Exile". All three of those tracks could've been #1 on pop radio. Like as massive as her career is she could be in an even better position right now with even more smash hits the public knows.

Going by the numbers, the GP must know the 3 songs, they just had a massive reach via word of mouth and viral moments. They didn’t “need” to become singles in the end but they would’ve been better choices than End Game, The Man (and ME!) and cardigan, that’s for sure.

AAHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS ***** 

:jonny5: i hate this woman so much omg :jonny5: ok Taylor destroy mE, I'M ******* READY :jonny5:

It’s interesting that she directly states the music is about “13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life” - no more fictional stories.

OMG, didn‘t see that coming :jonny: 

this is giving The District Sleeps Alone Tonight vibes and I’m way too curious to know what direction she’s going in lmao

the aesthetic and description giving Nothing New vibe. That`s song is a masterpiece but i still hope the album still have some quality uptempo bops. we lack of that for a while.

22 minutes ago, taylordswift13 said:

The amount of my GP friends liking/sharing Taylor's announcement... if she gets the lead single right she could have a legit career-defining smash :WAP:

My local friends are all doing this too it’s insane :WAP:

folkmore + red tv really gave her career a completely new wind she better not waste it :giraffe: I want her to be HUNGRY for a SMASH HIT

This is how I want to start every and each week: with a new Taylor album announcement :weeps::heart:

YESSSSSSS. :heart::heart:

I don't know if I want this to be super personal and soulful like Norah Jones or something cunty and synthpop ish like Icona pop :WAP:

I am so excited about this NEW album. This is going to be epic methinks

The album title and cover are giving me Night Time, My Time vibe. Imagine if they are sonically alike :jonny6:

YASYASYAY :cries: i need selena gomez to be on it. We need taylena collab. :cries: 

20 minutes ago, Arrows said:

It’s interesting that she directly states the music is about “13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life” - no more fictional stories.

this wont be about emo sad nights only but more on those nights before big decisions, big change in her life.

So we will get something like:

-the night she decide to go to New York

-the night she start the affair with Tom

-the night she lost the Grammy for Red

Folklore but with tempo … actually scratch that. I’ll eat whatever she’s serving. I can’t fathom Taylor fumbling the bag since her repositioning. Let’s go!!!