• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catsandlabneh

• mellenthin

• FlyPirate

• RT Air

Does anyone have a Fossora of that image of a girl posing and serving with a handbag

CbNnErCUUAAqfVH?format=jpg&name=large

Utopia is her worst album

I always wonder if the person writing Pitchfork’s reviews is different to the one rating the albums. That review (which is beautifully written, actually) doesn’t seem like an 8.4 to me. 

Anyway, the acclaim is here ofc, it’s another win for us fagurts.

1 minute ago, TrueBlood said:

I always wonder if the person writing Pitchfork’s reviews is different to the one rating the albums. That review (which is beautifully written, actually) doesn’t seem like an 8.4 to me. 

Someone more in the know than me can correct me, but I’ve read that for at least some albums, the score is an average across their editorial team (or some section of it) and the single individual just writes the review itself separately.

14 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Does anyone have a Fossora of that image of a girl posing and serving with a handbag

CbNnErCUUAAqfVH?format=jpg&name=large

1DDar82.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Someone more in the know than me can correct me, but I’ve read that for at least some albums, the score is an average across their editorial team (or some section of it) and the single individual just writes the review itself separately.

Correct, they attempt to pick someone to write the review that fell in the middle on the scores 

but this is why you sometimes see reviews that don’t match up with what the score is 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

afaik, yes they're different people. There's the review writer and then the score is like an average from a few critics at p4k

isadora really turned an ok song (vinyl version of HMH) into a masterpiece.

idk if this has been posted already but regarding the physicals:

not only the vinyl have different versions of ancestress, her mother's house and fossora from the digital, but also some vinyl have the cover with the bigger "björk" cgi funghi logo and others have the smaller, more centered one lol.

I will share pics of my turquoise copy from OLI to compare

It will take a few listens to fully grow into the album,

but since the singles already clicked with me I'm confident

that the rest will too. Current favourites are "Fossora", "Atopos",

"Fungal City" and "Freefall".

I’ve just had my first full listen and wow, it’s an experience… I didn’t expect it to be this dark AND heartfelt at the same time. Love all the nods to literally every past album of her career throughout the whole record, it’s a goldmine of easter eggs for hardcore fans. 7ZB1qx1.png

On first listen, my early faves are the more daring tracks, namely Victimhood and Freefall, but the instrumental tracks are also among my personal highlights, Trölla-Gabba is the exact type of fun track I expected after Atopos. Not really feeling Sorrowful Soil so far – it lacks any memorable elements imo, and I’m not keen on Allow either, which fails to feel like anything other than outtake from Utopia and therefore it throws me off a bit.

Her Mother’s House PUNCHES real hard for me now that I have recently moved away from my parents. Ancestress also hits harder as part of the album, now I see it could really become a standout of her discography, a masterpiece, whew.

Overall, a top tier Björk album based on my first impression, but let’s see how these songs hold up with time and if more tracks grow on me. I’m so proud of her and I’m so happy for our fagurt base for getting quality output like this so far into her career.  :clap3:

7 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

idk if this has been posted already but regarding the physicals:

not only the vinyl have different versions of ancestress, her mother's house and fossora from the digital, but also some vinyl have the cover with the bigger "björk" cgi funghi logo and others have the smaller, more centered one lol.

I will share pics of my turquoise copy from OLI to compare

i just checked on discogs:

turquoise, lime green, clear and the deluxe digibook >> smaller, centered logo

burgundy, dark green, standard black >> bigger logo

i don't know about the silver one yet

two examples:

MjctMTU3My5qcGVn.jpeg

MjctNTI4Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Edited by FlyPirate

10 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Can't wait to hear her call us her little fagurts on tour.

59xHl6R.gif

Little fagurts, put your fungus up!

uOdA6cU.gif

Okay so, my only problem with this album is some of the transitions.

Like wtf is the transition from Fagurt into Victimhood?????????????????????????????

59xHl6R.gif

3 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Okay so, my only problem with this album is some of the transitions.

Like wtf is the transition from Fagurt into Victimhood?????????????????????????????

59xHl6R.gif

Good thing LP1 ends with Fagurt if you’re listening on vinyl. By the time you put on LP2 it feels like a brand new chapter.

Mycelia sounds like Voicething by Goldfrapp, only worse

Sorrowful Soil is like Medulla parody. No emotion,  Show Me Forgiveness outsold

Fagurt Er Í Fjörðum poor's man Vokuro

Victimhood i think i would prefer it as an instrumental track, without her vocals :rip: She ruins the mood with her wall of words 

Allow hate Utopia, hate this

Fungal City i may end up liking this

Trölla - Gabba after some comments here i thought it would hit harder :michael:

Freefall 2nd part is great, but first 3 minutes drags forever

Her Mother’s House cute

Cant belive the only great songs were the singles. Her own Dangerously in Love :rip: After Atopos, Ancestress and Fossora (track) i thought I would love this album :dancehall3: