• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catsandlabneh

• mellenthin

• FlyPirate

• RT Air

22 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

I'm very satisfied about her going for a diverse sonic palette because otherwise I don't think songs like Freefall would've made the cut or sounded like they do for the sake of being more cohesive

I get what you mean here but she could have easily expanded a song like Freefall for 2/3 minutes more tbh. Or maybe a bit of tracklist re-arranging could have helped.

I have a feeling she's going to release another album very soon tho, probably another shorter gap like Vulnicura/Utopia. I'm sure she probably has a lot more material recorded during this COVID years.

21 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

She keeps eating your honor

20220930-120401.jpg

I'm gonna need her dietologist number cause she keeps devouring everything yet still looks skinny as **** somebody STOPS her :jonny:

a 8.4 from P4K is totally right. I, just like them, don’t think Fissure is above Dystopia but that they are on pair and coexisting at the same level in this trilogy (as of now, it might be too soon to say). Then we can discuss mixing and other technical aspects but overall I think they are both great.

Spoiler

early ranking

homogenic - vespertine

vulnicura

fossora - utopia - medúlla

volta - biophilia

debut

to me

I guess the Metacritic score for this album will be anywhere from 81 to 86

Not everyone ranking sorrowful soil dead last when it's my favourite track on here besides the singles :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, FlyPirate said:

a 8.4 from P4K is totally right. I, just like them, don’t think Fissure is above Dystopia but that they are on pair and coexisting at the same level in this trilogy (as of now, it might be too soon to say). Then we can discuss mixing and other technical aspects but overall I think they are both great.

Reveal hidden contents

early ranking

homogenic - vespertine

vulnicura

fossora - utopia - medúlla

volta - biophilia

debut

to me

this is the ONLY rating :clap3:

I've listened to the album 3 times now and it's great. I can't believe she keeps releasing amazing music. My favorite tracks are Atopos, Fossora and Fungal City right now :smitten:  

the end of Victimhood (the best song? one of her best songs ever???) reminded me of the movie MEN and i wanted to throw up cause i hate that movie and it made me sick

Victimhood is one of the most insane tracks she has ever made, if not the most. 

It's so rich and full as well, I just want to get lost in its soundscape. :jonny4: 

after a few listens my only beef with this album is the guest vocals... they don't add anything to the songs and are distracting, I want solo Björk 

sorry Isadora, Emilie, serpent, and that guy on Ancestress! 

4 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

after a few listens my only beef with this album is the guest vocals... they don't add anything to the songs and are distracting, I want solo Björk 

sorry Isadora, Emilie, serpent, and that guy on Ancestress! 

I don't understand this. I genuinely believe all of the guest vocals bring SO much to their respective tracks. The features and their contributions are immaculate to me, stunning vocal moments from all of them. 

Ancestress - Subtle yet effective chorus harmonization. Absolutely stunning.

Allow - Emelie's vocals and ad libs are absolutely sublime and brings such beauty to the track.

Fungal City - Very subtle but beautiful ad libs. Maybe the only one I could do without, but I still think the result is amazing.

Her Mother's House - So ******* beautiful? Isadora brings so much to the track. I can't even imagine the track without her. Also such a beautiful mother-daughter moment.

4 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

I don't understand this. I genuinely believe all of the guest vocals bring SO much to their respective tracks. The features and their contributions are immaculate to me, stunning vocal moments from all of them. 

Ancestress - Subtle yet effective chorus harmonization. Absolutely stunning.

Allow - Emelie's vocals and ad libs are absolutely sublime and brings such beauty to the track.

Fungal City - Very subtle but beautiful ad libs. Maybe the only one I could do without, but I still think the result is amazing.

Her Mother's House - So ******* beautiful? Isadora brings so much to the track. I can't even imagine the track without her. Also such a beautiful mother-daughter moment.

nnnnnn they are not bad! but I think Björk's vocal delivery on this album is excellent and very distinct and her guests sound very basic in comparison so they take me out of the fantasy 

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

kii at the meltdowns you were having when the cover was announced only for the album to be a 10 

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

after listening to the album the cover is somehow a total serve

icelandic voodoo

nene.thumb.gif.9f70a2ee5209b14f384bde0bd

Went to the local vinyl store to snatch her and they were just unpacking the delivery of Fossora and the new YYYs album :jonnycat: perfect timing

“Victimhood,” “Freefall,” and the title track are also middling compared to stronger entries and lack the punch of Björk’s best work. Again, one must appreciate the apparent labor behind even these less remarkable cuts, but they are without the appeal of “Ovule”...

https://www.undertheradarmag.com/reviews/fossora_bjork

7/10

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 

Edited by mellenthin

His vitality repolarises me
My north-south, swifts to east-west

Capacity for love (For love)
Capacity for love
Capacity for love (Love)
Capacity for love (For love, capacity)
Capacity for love (Capacity for)
Capacity for a love