Shakira cringing at Jlos Spanish

Barovi

14 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

Journalist + Having a Business = Rich :coffee2: 

(Thanks for remind us that he was also a journalist, so earning more money. Her father was also mentioned as rich in a lot of bio.)

She was in the great area of Barranquilla. She was never a modest child.

I was talking about this video : her french is not good. 

"je...j'ai toujours ressenti une connexion spéciale avec les gens de la France et je suis profondément reconnaissante des...de tout l'amour que je recevois de vous, merci d'être ici, je suis ravie" :rip:

LMAO that's when she started learning French. She even had a teacher that she brought on tour. Who takes a teacher with them on tour to learn a new language? Well, definitely not Jlo. 

Edited by DestroyAndSmile

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vuelve88

• Raiden

• Ricardo1993

• Protocol

19 hours ago, Ricardo1993 said:

Apparently I'm not latino because I wasn't born in Puerto Rico even though my ancestors come from the island. I also learned that Gaga isn't Italian either despite having roots in Italy and Sicily. I guess my best friend who is Chinese isn't really Chinese because she was born in New Jersey and doesn't speak much Chinese. 

"Italian" is neither a race nor a culture. It's just a nationality. 

A south tyrolean, an aostan, a sardinian and a sicilian have nothing in common, not even the language, but they all are 100% italian.

Gaga may have italian ancestry but she's 100% american from the US.

I'm a lombard italian myself and I giggle everytime I see things like Gaga's Eh, Eh's video, because they stereotype a part of Italy I'm not familiar with. 

Both JLo and Gaga are absolutely free to claim whatever they want tho, it's not crime lol.

Certain people give these trivial things way too much importance. 

I mean, objectively her spanish is terrible, there is no question on that, I even laughed at her trying?

she called Shakira vieja? :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, MaRy said:

she called Shakira vieja? :deadbanana2:

No she was trying to complement Shakira and could only come up with “Bella”. Pretty much she said “ Shakira she is very… beautiful. And I Jlo am also very….” Then Shakira says “Beautiful too?” Then starts laughing.

Y’all are so rude. Shak was born in a Spanish speaking country, while Jennifer was born in the states so ofc her Spanish is much better than Jen’s. 

12 hours ago, Oceania said:

"Italian" is neither a race nor a culture. It's just a nationality. 

A south tyrolean, an aostan, a sardinian and a sicilian have nothing in common, not even the language, but they all are 100% italian.

Gaga may have italian ancestry but she's 100% american from the US.

I'm a lombard italian myself and I giggle everytime I see things like Gaga's Eh, Eh's video, because they stereotype a part of Italy I'm not familiar with. 

Both JLo and Gaga are absolutely free to claim whatever they want tho, it's not crime lol.

Certain people give these trivial things way too much importance. 

I swear this is only talked about in the USA. No one cares where you're from in most countries or what percentage you are from this or that place  :deadbanana4:

Like "oh he's 10% from that place!!!" like who the **** cares...

On 8/16/2022 at 7:33 PM, Love Again said:

JLow always been fake like that. Shakira embraces her Latin heritage fully in everything she does, JLo gives me massive (I hate that I grew up being Latina I wish I was white) vibes

Y'all just be saying anything. :skull: 

Jennifer Lopez is a woman of color, and her entire brand is around her being latina. Hell, her last name gives it away.

When has she ever tried to hide that she's in fact Latina?

On the other hand though, you could say Shakira is hella more white passing than JLo could ever be if we go there.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:45 AM, Ricardo1993 said:

You just made this lie up lol you don’t even know J.Lo. She is Nuyo rican. Many of us speak Spanish, in between or no Spanish at all but we are a very prideful people no matter how we grew up. 

shakira is the one who wants to be white

spacer.png

not jlo who doesn’t look that different aside from blonde hair dye

spacer.png

Shakira in that picture was just a child who spent a lot of time in the sun in a Caribbean country. The same happened when she lived in the Bahamas :cm:

spacer.png

Shakira is kinda overreacting tho. Her spanish is not that bad and spanish is not the only language spoken in Latin American countries :swan:

On 8/16/2022 at 11:13 AM, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Someone said Jlo’s the role model for the no sabo kids rip

:deadbanana4:

On 8/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, VicHugo said:

The language is a HUGE part of being Latin American. We are “Latin” because of the colonizers’ influence, like it or not, “Latin” culture comes from Latin Europe. The native culture is native, not Latin. It has nothing to do with race, just culture. 

The etymology of the word "latin" is a bit irrelevant here because the culture of any latinoamericano country is shaped by all the communities living there, regardless of where they came from. Indigenous heritage is a huge part of what makes Latin America what we know today.

Your country most well-known dance was heavily influenced by poor black argentinians living in the ghetto. Is tango not a part of 'latin (american) culture' because it doesn't come from Europe? :deadbanana4:

Edited by Scars

On 8/21/2022 at 12:01 AM, VicHugo said:

The language is a HUGE part of being Latin American. We are “Latin” because of the colonizers’ influence, like it or not, “Latin” culture comes from Latin Europe. The native culture is native, not Latin. It has nothing to do with race, just culture. 

OMG stop it. 

Ask your abuela for some wisdom — or an ass whipping.

"Latin American culture" inherently means and includes native + African culture also, in many of its places, including Puerto Rico.

That is in fact what makes the culture distinct from Euro latin culture (in Romance-speaking places like Spain).

Edited by Raiden

mlaredoperez
On 8/16/2022 at 8:27 PM, bliaz said:

At least she tries to speak the language of her supposed community. There are some so-called Latino gringos who make no effort at all, other than to sing a song for the Latino audience and make a profit from it because it's trending. Now, there is no excuse for JLo to learn the language well, even more so when she is rich and has all the teachers and courses at her disposal.

Xtina , Selena etc

That was kinda shady. Besides, "Latino" is an ethnicity. Just because someone learned Spanish as a second language, it doesn't mean they aren't Latinos. I'm half Italian because my father was Italian and I was raised with Italian customs, values and traditions, but I can't speak the language fluently. 

As a native Spanish speaker, I think JLo's Spanish is fine. In many ways, it's better than Shakira's English so... :michael:

53 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

In many ways, it's better than Shakira's English so... :michael:

:lmao: are you kidding? JLO doesn't know the difference between nosotros y nosotras. Shakira's English is good. 

Edited by Jaymie

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

That was kinda shady. Besides, "Latino" is an ethnicity. Just because someone learned Spanish as a second language, it doesn't mean they aren't Latinos. I'm half Italian because my father was Italian and I was raised with Italian customs, values and traditions, but I can't speak the language fluently. 

As a native Spanish speaker, I think JLo's Spanish is fine. In many ways, it's better than Shakira's English so... :michael:

LMAO — No it isn't.

I'd wager Shaki would run circles around J-Lo in English vocabulary class too

2 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Yikes. Shakira’s English is excellent enough to give speeches at Harvard and Oxford, which she has done. She’s also a better lyricist than JLO in any language. 

You really tried it. :rip:

I find it funny that Latinos love to criticise other Latinos who weren't born in South America but still love their culture and want to learn and speak the language. 

While other celebrities keep saying they're Greek, Italian, German, French and don't speak A WORD of such languages. Like, you should be ******* thankful Jennifer Lopez TRIES to speak the language and wants to preserve your culture. Any other ethnicity would.

Call it ignorance, envy or whatever, but it does sound petty. A tiny bit, at least. :zzz:

Edited by igninton

49 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

She’s also a better lyricist than JLO in any language.

"Lucky that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains." 

The Emily Dickinson of our times... :biblio:

It's not that hard to be a better lyricist than JLo considering she doesn't write most of her songs.

9 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

"Lucky that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains." 

The Emily Dickinson of our times... :biblio:

It's not that hard to be a better lyricist than JLo considering she doesn't write most of her songs.

JLO couldn’t even use nosotros/nosotras correctly. Let’s not. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.