• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vuelve88

• Raiden

• Ricardo1993

• Protocol

15 minutes ago, Ricardo1993 said:

You just made this lie up lol you don’t even know J.Lo. She is Nuyo rican. Many of us speak Spanish, in between or no Spanish at all but we are a very prideful people no matter how we grew up. 

shakira is the one who wants to be white

spacer.png

not jlo who doesn’t look that different aside from blonde hair dye

spacer.png

Wants to be white? Shakira IS white. What do you think Colombians and Lebanese people look like?

Osvaldo-Rios-hit-Shakira-All-about-the-c
ca-2000-los-angeles-california-usa-shaki

ot: the funny thing is Ben affleck speaks better Spanish 

The way Latinos insist on centering Latinidad around the language of the colonizer will never cease to amazing me :toofunny3:

And then a Caucasian white woman will say “hola” and the viejos will laud them like the second coming of Christ. :skull: 

If I were JLo though, I probably would have practiced a response solely to avoid the backlash, but the fact she’s receiving any at all is expected, but disappointing nonetheless. 

I think we ALL act like Shakira when a fake latino tries to appropiate our culture. Relatable queen! :giraffe:

She should be more concerned for not paying her taxes.

4 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Someone said Jlo’s the role model for the no sabo kids rip

:lmao:

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

The way Latinos insist on centering Latinidad around the language of the colonizer will never cease to amazing me :toofunny3:

And then a Caucasian white woman will say “hola” and the viejos will laud them like the second coming of Christ. :skull: 

If I were JLo though, I probably would have practiced a response solely to avoid the backlash, but the fact she’s receiving any at all is expected, but disappointing nonetheless. 

What kind of 2011 tumblr take is this :rip:  Get psychological help. Spanish is our language that’s it. 

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

What kind of 2011 tumblr take is this :rip:  Get psychological help. Spanish is our language that’s it. 

Psychological help for making a statement? :deadbanana2: It’s okay to disagree in a respectful way sis.

It’s just a silly concept to me that being Latino is gatekept by a language that isn’t even Latino. As long as someone is connected with their culture, I don’t really care if they speak Spanish or not, and this is from someone that speaks Spanish. Spanish people aren’t even Latino themselves. Brazilians are Latinos that don’t speak Spanish. It’s such an arbitrary gate keeping method, and as a Mexican I have less in common culturally with a Cuban or Argentinian than I do someone from the Southwest US.

Ms. Luna here explains exactly how I feel about this entire situation.

It wasn’t that bad. Also  Puerto ricans  have very thick accents.

At least she tries to speak the language of her supposed community. There are some so-called Latino gringos who make no effort at all, other than to sing a song for the Latino audience and make a profit from it because it's trending. Now, there is no excuse for JLo to learn the language well, even more so when she is rich and has all the teachers and courses at her disposal.

7 minutes ago, K@rm@ said:

It wasn’t that bad. Also  Puerto ricans  have very thick accents.

Us puerto ricans dont speak like that :skull:

8 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

The tongue :deadbanana4:

The contempt she has for the actress turned “singer” is a kii

1 hour ago, Tropez said:

Imagine boldly calling yourself Latina. But cant even properly speak a language from Latin America. Embarrassing. 

You spilled and no sabo gringos can stay mad about it :clap3:

She tried her best, story of JLo's career.

Not everyone has the privilege and benefit of speaking their heritage language flawlessly and effortlessly like legendary Shakira  :clap3:

Edited by Erotic

40 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

:deadbanana2:

jhdakjhsa:bibliahh: JLo's such a Leo

Edited by terrorblade

There are fully caucasian non-latino teens in high school across the US that speak better Spanish than JLo  :deadbanana4:

Edited by Archetype

57 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

:ahh:

I was expecting much worse. The tongue thing clearly wasnt about Jlo.

When JLO calls herself Latina it is obviously within the context of being American. Shakira herself looks more like a colonizer than JLO lol imo. I doubt Shakira has ever lived in a country where was made to feel like "other". I feel like people from Latin America mostly identify by their nationality anyway.

Edited by Ombre

The people in here saying she's not a real "Latina" because her Spanish isn't perfect. It's based on HERITAGE, not what language you speak. Are Italian-Americans any less Italian because they can't speak Italian? Why does that rule only ever apply to Latinas that aren't fluent in Spanish and not White Americans?

Edited by XVIIII

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.