Renaissance Week 2 to outstream Chromatica Week 1, Why?

Rotunda

Because Gaga is underrated. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• byzantium

• cypriotpcdfan

• fauxtography

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the Hive is using Chromatica as their comparison is rather telling.  

45 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

Who was listening to Chromatica when clubs were shut? lol

Um…  songs aren’t “streamed” while at the club. If anything more people would be at home streaming. 

Just now, byzantium said:

The fact that the Hive is using Chromatica as their comparison is rather telling.  

Didn’t you say Bey “can’t compete with the girls” these days? Why would it be rather telling to hear something you already believed?

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Monsters were the ones running to drag the second week numbers. Cognitive dissonance isn't a cute look.

My question is why is that fan base constantly throwing a rock and then hiding their hand when the clown comes back to bite? 

Because the GP wanted another Joanne album from Gaga, not gays music

1 minute ago, Rotunda said:

Didn’t you say Bey “can’t compete with the girls” these days? Why would it be rather telling to hear something you already believed?

I’m flattered by how much I apparently occupy your mind rent free.  

so apparently you agree that Gaga is more beyonce’s peer than someone like Taylor or Billie.  

What about outside of the US? :matty:

2 minutes ago, Triton said:

Um…  songs aren’t “streamed” while at the club. If anything more people would be at home streaming. 

i dont really use the pandemic as a defense but its weird how confidently you spat that out being so wrong

In more than two-thirds of the countries studied that enforced lockdowns, music streaming volume declined significantly after the lockdowns took effect. On average, audio music consumption decreased 12.5 percent after the World Health Organization (WHO) pandemic declaration on March 11, 2020.

https://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2021/july/music-streaming-down-during-pandemic.html

giphy.thumb.gif.523eec4b1357c12bfa496547

32 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Maybe he erased some of Chromatica’s! :sherlock:

Nobody’s listening to that these days. We’re too busy with Renaissance. 

8 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’m flattered by how much I apparently occupy your mind rent free.  

so apparently you agree that Gaga is more beyonce’s peer than someone like Taylor or Billie.  

Happier Than Ever opened just above Renaissance’s numbers and the week 2 numbers are just below Renaissance’s projected numbers. I only made the thread because I saw others wanting to draw comparisons with this and Chromatica :lakitu:. I do agree with you that Billie seems like closer to Bey’s orbit than Gaga though.

Edited by Rotunda

4 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

i dont really use the pandemic as a defense but its weird how confidently you spat that out being so wrong

https://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2021/july/music-streaming-down-during-pandemic.html

Even with a 12.5% decrease, Renaissance would still beat it, but good for you for catching that 

66,850 >>> 65,000 

Anyways, so where are these streams that come from clubs and affect the SEA as @toy soldier. was implying?  Is there a new chart? 

1 minute ago, Blue Monday said:

Monsters were the ones running to drag the second week numbers. Cognitive dissonance isn't a cute look.

My question is why is that fan base constantly throwing a rock and then hiding their hand when the clown comes back to bite? 

Honestly.  Monsters are…well monsters.  I’m curious why the hive even sees it necessary to engage.  

Beyoncé is an institution that has consistently churned out quality and successful music for 25 years. 

Lady Gaga is a fad that has not been making waves in the music industry aside from soundtrack work since 2011.

11 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Happier Than Ever opened just above Renaissance’s numbers and the week 2 numbers are just below Renaissance’s projected numbers. I only made the thread because I saw others wanting to draw comparisons with this and Chromatica :lakitu:. I do agree with you that Billie seems like closer to Bey’s orbit than Gaga though.

So you agree that there are better comps for Beyoncé.  I’m confused why you want to make an argument if we agree

Just now, byzantium said:

Honestly.  Monsters are…well monsters.  I’m curious why the hive even sees it necessary to engage.  

Beyoncé is an institution that has consistently churned out quality and successful music for 25 years. 

Lady Gaga is a fad that has not been making waves in the music industry aside from soundtrack work since 2011.

spacer.png

were you possessed when you wrote this then?

18 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

You found this desperately but still couldnt calculate the math

Bless your soul

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand but the only country we have data for is the UK, and it's looking to spend a 2nd week at #1 there. 

5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

You found this desperately but still couldnt calculate the math

Bless your soul

Broke your ankles to reply yet couldn't comprehend the written statement above, serving hive indeed.

Regardless of how the percentage decrease represents pandemica's streams and ren's - the statement "People would be streaming more during lockdown" is still incorrect. Make sense now, Armani? :whistle:

26 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

More than your flop favs I’m sure. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sharapov said:

why do beyonce fans keep using gaga as their standard and not taylor or adele?

I thought Gaga was the Queen of Pop and top of music according to you Monsters? Shouldnt we compare who we think is the top to her?

I think im finally done with stan culture. I came in here expecting some dramatic difference :dies: 

congrats though lol 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.