• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gwendolyn

• Horizon Flame

• Attitude

• orange22

There's so many conflicting sources, but if true, Idgi, they only want to produced "unscripted" trash reality shows or what ? :skull:

Netflix is declining because they mostly serve low quality films/shows, and HBO/Discovery decides to go the same path despite looking at Netflix crumbling in front of them :toofunny3:

43 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

so how will we be able to watch HBO shows if we don't have the channel

spec is that, if all this is true, hbo shows will be on the new/combined service, it's just there won't be scripted shows made solely for it.

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

They better not touch True Blood, South Park, Reno 911 and the old school Cartoon Network shows :fish2:

I swear if they so much as try to LOOK at adventure time, I will lose it 

One of the actress of a potentially axed show has stated they had no idea this was going on :rip:

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

:dancehall: 

They better leave Harley Quinn and Issa Eae!

HBO is the best streaming service. More customer confusion, this will prob kill their streaming service attempt. 

53 minutes ago, paddii_ said:

Im pretty sure this is a misunderstanding. They most probably just cut a few things so HBO and Max wont have differences anymore. Idk if HBO max had any stuff for reality shows and unscripted staff. I think these are much more affected by it. Also Discovery bought all of Warner Media. Therefore there are other creative teams all over the company and they pretty sure just want to put everything more together. It would make no sense buying a company for there scripted shows and there big brands and to not keep them. There is no way that HBOMax will only have unscripted shows. Then the merger of both platforms would be illogical. Because the merger is supposed to combine the strengths of both. It will probably be like Disney+ with NatGeo. This is more about restructuring the company.

It’s not a misunderstanding. They made it clear what their intentions are. 

This has to be a joke....hbomax is the best streaming service 

This is beyond stupid :deadbanana: HBO MAX was doing awesome, the best streaming service if you ask me, and they decide to do this!? What's the f*cking point? :biblionny:

I will be burning everything down if they cancel Legendary and AJLT

aVDxfki.gif

1 hour ago, xrosup said:

:dancehall: 

if they kill OFMD.... yeah, good luck. so many queer shows have gotten the boot within the past few weeks (primarily sapphic ones) and I've been hearing inklings of people on twitter considering a streaming boycott in protest.

this is pretty American-centric so I apologize but remember back in june when roe fell and one of the justices indicated they'd go after gay marriage next and a lot of people had horrendous takes like "but we have progressive media representation, they wouldn't do that!" beginning to think there won't be much longer 

Edited by fountainsofyouth

This would really be such a terrible decision IMO, specially because in this day and age it’s impossible to assume the success of their steaming hits will automatically be sustained if they revert back to cable. I can’t imagine “Euphoria”, “Hacks” or even “Succession” being enough of a pull for their audiences to go back to traditional television, and they’re some of the most successful/acclaimed shows currently. It’s unbelievably disappointing since HBO Max is my favorite platform at the moment, idiotic by any means.

BTW I expect a full boycott if this turns out to be true, this is so unexpected and uncalled for considering the great reception HBO Max has had and the amount of people they’ll be putting out of jobs. Would probably be a little less infuriating if we didn’t know it’s all gonna be in favor of crappy reality television and an irrelevant network that doesn’t hold a candle to HBO. Basically the most progressive cable channel of the last few decades is now being left stuck in the past and unable to evolve, shame, shame, shame.

Just as i was watching Harley Quinn too

Did hbo not have hbo max previously or? 

They better not touch The Sex Lives of College Girls or the new PLL:dancehall2:

:rip: this has to be the most stupid decision in the entertainment industry this decade.

What’s the purpose of buying something you will actively destroy?

Edited by Mr.Link

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

Just as i was watching Harley Quinn too

Did hbo not have hbo max previously or? 

HBO Max started like only two years ago. 

Gossip Girl & slocg pleaseeee be safe

rap **** just started :dancehall3: gossip girl season 2 was about to air as well. Where the **** will I watch succession, euphoria, industry? Self sabatoge if I ever saw it

They better not cancel HBOMax's best comedy, The Other Two. :cries:

So this is why most of their shows are dropping on Amazon prime video in the past few weeks?

18 hours ago, mystery said:

HBO (premium cable channel) scripted programming & coproductions that are currently running, upcoming or renewed: Westworld, Euphoria, Succession, The Gilded Age, House of the Dragon, The Nevers, Perry Mason, True Detective, The White Lotus, Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Rehearsal, Barry, Random Acts of Flyness, Los Espookys, A Black Lady Sketch Show, The Righteous Gemstones, Somebody Somewhere, My Brilliant Friend, His Dark Materials 

Oh we still here phewwww :jonnycat:

This dont really affect me since I dont use it and I dont care for the their shows but **** them for cancelling Raised By Wolves! That show is one of the best shows I've seen in a good while. Cant believe they pulled the plug on that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.