• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gwendolyn

• Horizon Flame

• Attitude

• orange22

So just like my comment earlier. Scripted HBO Max programming that has been renewed survives and is merged to the main HBO.

Edited by mystery

I hope this WOW app we have here in Germany (HBO shows, Warner movies and Sky) keeps their content. We literally don't have a way of getting HBO here. A disaster.

Executives can be so dumb sometimes this is the most stupid decision ever :rip:

15 minutes ago, mystery said:
So just like my comment earlier. Scripted HBO Max programming that has been renewed survives and is merged to the main HBO.

I still fear some of the HBO Max shows are going to be cancelled after they've finished their upcoming seasons. Shows like Gossip Girl and PLL don't really fit into HBO :dancehall3:

not it being real :skull: what the hell

this has to be one of the worst decisions ent execs have ever made :skull:

Why would they start from scratch when HBO max was already doing well & on the ride. No one gives a **** about discovery

21 minutes ago, mystery said:

So.. A new streaming brand that includes hbo max previous content plus more content from discovery? 

I really think there is no way they won't release scripted shows. It will be the dumbest move eva.. 

Im confused. 

Well it’s over.

If they cancel Harley Quinn…it’s the closest thing we have to Venture Bros, DON’T DO THIS TO ME.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

This is all so appalling :deadbanana:

Truly one of the most dumb and bizarre decisions coming from entertainment in a very very long time.

I'm very curious how this will go over with investors when it's all officially announced.

So what hbo max shows are going to hbo? I'm guessing the hbo original shows are safe but what about the ones on hbo max..

also if they're not focusing on scripted content will the scripted content (like degressi) in development be cancelled? Will the only new content from hbo on the new streaming service come from HBO only.. :deadbanana2:

What a disaster, and that IndieWire saying they'll cancel a bunch more shows and movies :biblio:

They could've capitalized off Netflix losses, but instead they're committing suicide :rip: So bizarre.

Why are they doing this?! They had such a good run with their originals. 

• ATRL Moderator

This is literally the opposite of what they should be doing :deadbanana2:  There's a lot of opportunity with HBOMax, especially with shows like Hacks that have been taking off.

Are the already existing shows going to stay in development and they just aren't making new ones?

23 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

So what hbo max shows are going to hbo? I'm guessing the hbo original shows are safe but what about the ones on hbo max..

also if they're not focusing on scripted content will the scripted content (like degressi) in development be cancelled? Will the only new content from hbo on the new streaming service come from HBO only.. :deadbanana2:

And whatever they produce for TNT, TBS and The CW. Although they seem to be cutting back on the CW also so… :toofunny2:

EDIT:

Nevermind, mess. :rip:

Edited by rp662

Mess, I need to finish watching Euphoria and The Flight Attendant as soon as possible, I literally just bought HBO Max 2 weeks ago :deadbanana2:

Back to Netflix I go again, I guess

52 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I hope this WOW app we have here in Germany (HBO shows, Warner movies and Sky) keeps their content. We literally don't have a way of getting HBO here. A disaster.

we're safe until 2025 

What a tragedy ... the worst management of a historic company ever!

Not HBOMax (potentially) getting gutted before it became available in my country :biblio: This is honestly so bleak, especially considering the large amount of people who will become(have become unemployed as a result of this decision

8 minutes ago, Jai said:

What's happening to Legendary :chick2:

No status as of yet. Only HBO Max reality shows that got renewal confirmation are Selena + Chef and The Hype, the rest are pending.

Honestly I think the reality content is safe because most of the content on Discovery Plus is reality shows so the HBO Max shows could easily get merged to there. The cuts seem to be mostly focused on scripted content.

Edited by mystery

What's the point in expanding your business into new areas by acquiring a company that makes something you don't (scripted shows) and then completely canceling it all. :deadbanana2:

Like, I get the back catalogue will be good to own, but you need to be producing new product to get people to want to invest in your service.

Not when they dropped the amazing PLL reboot :cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.