US Presence in Indo-Pacific in 2023 will be "More Lethal, More Mobile, Most Transform

AlanRickman1946

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

She left already? What did she do there?

Nothing. It was literally to just boost Democrats' image for midterms. Taiwan just got sanctions placed on its most profitable industries. 

Ironically the sanctions on Taiwanese exports will hurt Taiwan and benefit America because if Taiwan can no longer export things like fruits to Mainland China, Mainland China's next biggest trade partner for these items is.....America. :deadbanana4:

So expect less fruit and more expensive computers in the next few months. :skull:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlanRickman1946

• Espresso

• Communion

• SmittenCake

US being shady as usual and China being obnoxious as always :ace: 

People here pretending to be anti imperialists while getting upset that other countries aren't treating Taiwan as a Chinese colony, just because they liked how a dictator killed millions a few decades ago :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, Katy V.! said:

People here pretending to be anti imperialists while getting upset that other countries aren't treating Taiwan as a Chinese colony, just because they liked how a dictator killed millions a few decades ago :deadbanana2:

Also very interesting how these same people suddenly can’t comprehend Taiwan being de facto independent for 70+ years, but want to argue about the legitimacy of Russian proxy states in the Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts in Ukraine. :celestial5:

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

states in the Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts

Are these places demanding that Americans subsidize their universal healthcare systems too? I wouldnt be shocked given that America is basically a charity at this point. :deadbanana4:

Or is this another round of virtue signalers pretending to be confused that people focus on things that impact them (lkke funding for countries that essentially takes food off people's plates) versus things that don't impact because of no actual connection to their lives, like how most Ukrainians have no clue whats going on in East Africa or how most Taiwanese have no clue what's going on in Latin America because their lives have no connections to such places and thus they're indifferent to what happens there? :skull: Of course most Americans don't care if parts of Ukraine gets balkanized or not if it will never impact their lives while caring over if a different country's self-determination comes with a yearly.invoice to the American people. 

Edited by Communion

obviously not excusing China in this situation but what was the point of Pelosi visiting other than provoking China? like we all know how China feels about Taiwan, I'm all for Taiwanese independence but they have it as good as it gets at the moment, what was Pelosi trying to achieve? :rip:

44 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

obviously not excusing China in this situation but what was the point of Pelosi visiting other than provoking China? like we all know how China feels about Taiwan, I'm all for Taiwanese independence but they have it as good as it gets at the moment, what was Pelosi trying to achieve? :rip:

America is a dying empire that wants to pretend it's still the mid 90s and they can play world police with no opposition. Pelosi, Biden etc are part of that delusional senile group of powerful people in the US.

That said Taiwan also deserves to be independent

9 hours ago, John Slayne said:

The point was to send a warning to China that they shouldn’t attempt a Russia-style invasion of Taiwan, and if they do, the USA would stand behind Taiwan. No offense but this seems rather obvious 

Just now, Dephira said:

The point was to send a warning to China that they shouldn’t attempt a Russia-style invasion of Taiwan, and if they do, the USA would stand behind Taiwan. No offense but this seems rather obvious 

it's not obvious to me at all, she only made things worse :skull: 

you think the US can take China head on? :deadbanana4: Pelosi should've just sat there and ate her food 

A further proof that the USA remains the most superior country in the world. The way China warned her to shoot her plane but she ended up to give a giant middle finger to China is a testament of how scared China to US is.  I have to stan Pelosi this time.

gqCjZq4.gif

8 hours ago, Dephira said:

That sure worked that way instead of making things worse.

China Announces Sanctions on Nancy Pelosi Over Taiwan Trip

China said it would sanction US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, after she defied Beijing by becoming the highest-ranking American politician to visit Taiwan in 25 years.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry announced the measures on Pelosi and her immediate family members in a statement late Friday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-05/china-announces-sanctions-on-nancy-pelosi-over-taiwan-trip

1 hour ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

China said it would sanction US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, after she defied Beijing by becoming the highest-ranking American politician to visit Taiwan in 25 years.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry announced the measures on Pelosi and her immediate family members in a statement late Friday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-05/china-announces-sanctions-on-nancy-pelosi-over-taiwan-trip

gqCjZq4.gif

20 Chinese aircraft crossed median line: Report

As we reported earlier, Taiwan's defence ministry said today that "multiple" Chinese vessels and aircraft had crossed the Taiwan Strait median line for the second day in a row.

A Taiwan source briefed on the matter has now told Reuters that about 10 Chinese navy ships crossed the median line and remained in the area on Friday morning, and about 20 Chinese military aircraft also briefly crossed it.

Taiwan's navy ships are staying close to monitor Chinese navy activities, the source added.

The median line is the informal dividing line between mainland China and Taiwan.

China halts co-operation with US on climate and other areas

Beijing has announced it is halting key climate talks with the US, and co-operation across multiple other areas.

China and America unveiled a climate pact at the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow last year.

China's foreign ministry says the country is also suspending dialogue between senior military commanders, talks over cross-border crime prevention and repatriating illegal migrants.

All this follows US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taiwan which angered China.

I'm glad Pelosi's visit improved the situation :coffee2:

This won't escalate I am pretty sure.

US had never taken on comparable economies (i think) and the countries are too intertwined. 

Plus nowadays corporations are more important and powerful than governments and corporations won't allow it. 

2 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

This won't escalate I am pretty sure.

US had never taken on comparable economies (i think) and the countries are too intertwined. 

Plus nowadays corporations are more important and powerful than governments and corporations won't allow it. 

I agree, but regardless, Pelosi's visit made things worse. 

2 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

Its easy to do that when it's just the lives of poor Ukrainians and Taiwanese that are at play.

I’m sure the Taiwanese people appreciate that a dinosaur on her way out of office made their lives worse. I’m sure the bunch of cowardly gays on a pop forum going yas mama found it worth it. 

7 hours ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

Not an entire country sanctioning Miss Pelosi.

The power this woman holds.

spacer.png

The U.S. is always trying to put nations against each other and make things worse and then play the victim.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.