Vanishing Letters 10 | WINNER REVEALED (pg. 118) | #ATRL'sNextTopVanisher

Overprotected

5ZeK4Vf.gif

GROUP B CRITIQUES 

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again - this classic! Whole lotta nostalgia with this song, it's a great song. 

Janelle Monae - Violet Stars Happy Hunting! - This song took me on a journey that I really enjoyed. 

Billie Eilish - my future - such a beautiful song, it always get me in an emotional mood. 

Dido - Here With Me - This was alright, it did not really leave a huge impression on me and I like Dido so :/  

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More - Grammy winning banger! You know you devoured with this choice! 

Kaoma - Lambada - When this first started I thought it was this reggae song I know, I didnt know they sampled this song, regardless I quite enjoyed this song and appreciate to see some difference in games like this, I think this was a risky choice and it paid up for me personally and it reminds me of family and culture.  

FLO - Cardboard Box - WE LOVE VOCALISTS!! One of the best debut singles of all time and I really hope these queens blow up!  

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat - This was nice, it reminds me of another song 

Linkin Park - What I've Done - This did nothing for me, I actually like a few songs from this band but this is not one of them 

Tove Lo - How Long - I love this song! The production on this is insanely great 

Rihanna - We Found Love - You snatched this classic and im happy for you because it's a serve. 

Foxes - Sister Ray - One of the best songs from this album, I like it a lot. 

Kelis - Bossy - so y'all sending all the classics huh! I have no choice but to stan this BOP! 

Red Velvet - Psycho - This was nice, it did not standout for me but it's fine. 

Mabel - Let Them Know - this is alright, didn't do much for me. 

Kesha - Praying - One of her best songs. A very significant song. 

Hatchie - This Enchanted - This is okay, similar to Mabel it doesn't blow me away personally. I like the effect on "miss enchanted" though so there's that. 

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - Beautiful song, another classic, amazing vocalist 

Céline Dion - I Drove All Night - another great vocalist, this is a great song that I've always enjoyed 

Shakira - La Tortura - We ending on another classic! Absolutely love this song! The Shakira choices this round were excellent! 

@touya kinomoto  @MusicLoverDude @thecptz @Luckitty @Mr. Duff @selena_lavigne @Taylucifer @Moonlightbae @PinkBox @Allday @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Rence @Hikari @boys @Technicolor @fiercE @luckystrike

Edited by Not Like The Movies

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overprotected

• Julia Fox

• wish

• Touch It

• ATRL Moderator

my bags are firmly staying in the hotel room x

8Y6jc0j.gif

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

Pretty nice! I’ve always known this song existed cause I’ve heard the title, but this is my first time listening to it. It’s a bit weak melody wise but I really like pop rock so the vibe is really selling it for me :)

Janelle Monáe - Violet Stars Happy Hunting!

I am not the biggest Janelle fan, her music can be a bit too campy for me but this one is interesting. I think this is a side of her that I haven’t heard before. I dig it! Nice

Billie Eilish - my future

This is chill lounge music to me. Not bad! I found it more enjoyable than her other song in group A which I also enjoyed. I wouldn’t say it’s very memorable or stands out as a lead but it was nice!

Dido - Here With Me

Looooove this. I think I’ve only heard White Flag from her and that’s it but this is giving me Alanis with less theatrical vocals which I really enjoy. I love how the vocals sound passionate but effortless at the same time!

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA)

A moment, I love this

Kaoma - Lambada

THE NOSTALGIAAAAA. This was very big in Latin America so of course I know and love this song. The energy is unmatched!!

FLO - Cardboard Box

This was cute! I’m a little disappointed cause I’ve seen a lot of people praising this project and this song is just very regular to me. It’s good but not something I’d rave about to ne honest hihi

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat

Sounds like the end theme of a very cute anime. At first I thought the chorus was going to annoy me, but it got better with each repetition! It’s such a feel good song, I liked it :3

Linkin Park - What I’ve Done

Pleaseee, I live for this choice cause it’s so left field. I wouldn’t say this is LP’s best songs but it definitely resonates with me more than a bunch of songs in this group

Tove Lo - How Long

Bang bang banger :jonny:

Rihanna - We Found Love

I really hate that I wasn’t of age to go clubbing when this song was popular. I don’t find this dated at all because it never stopped being enjoyable to me. Great bop

Foxes - Sister Ray

I always hear this at work, I didn’t know this was Foxes :coma: The production goes really hard during the chorus which I love. It’s like Rob*n on steroids. The bridge is one of the most interesting parts to me, I wish it was repeated during the last chorus or smtn

Kelis - Bossy

Uhm, I’ve never heard this before and maybe it sounded better back in the day but this feels like a parody to me lfjshsj it’s giving Sophia Grace  

Red Velvet - Psycho

This is cute. To me this is giving more album track than anything so I don’t think it’s particularly strong or memorable. It’s a nice song, just not great

Mabel - Let Them Know

Ohhh, this is what she sounds like, got it! Pretty fun and energic song! I really like the quirky elements that are incorporated on the production during the verses. The chorus is catchy and has personality. I think this could be a moderate hit! 

Kesha - Praying

The vocals during the second verse and the bridge are so raw and emotional!! I wish the production was a little more interesting since it’s just your typical power ballad judging it from that standpoint. But the vocal performance is just so strong that makes me not care about anything else! Great song! I think you would’ve had a better chance of winning with We R Who We T though

Hatchie - This Enchanted

I am not one of her many stans here, sorry :(

I think this song is catchy, the energy is really cool and it gives coming of age movie. I don’t know, it’s very regular synthpop to me. The [instrumental] bridge is kinda the best part ot it. Cute!

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

I’ve only heard this a couple times before when it was popular on the radio and I remember not liking it. But, right now, it’s hitting! I’m into it. The 2000s R&B uplifting midempo nature of this is connecting with the right spots! Really cool choice!

Celine Dion - I Drove All Night

I don’t know, I like the sentiment of the song and the energy that it channels but it’s not interesting to me. It feels very how to make music 101. There’s nothing wrong with it but it’s too plain! Fillerish

Shakira - La Tortura (feat. Alejandro Sanz)

I’ve always thought of this as one of Shakira’s best song but this is the first time that I’ve found myself thinking “wait, this is a reggaeton song”, which was surprising given how many interesting elements this has. The accordion and spanish guitar are things I wouldn’t expect to hear in this genre, and for 2005, that was such a revolutionary move imo. Love this song, love it even more now that I’ve tried analyzing it objectively! Great job <3

@thecptz @Luckitty @Mr. Duff @selena_lavigne @Taylucifer @Moonlightbae @PinkBox @Allday @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Rence @Hikari @boys @Technicolor @fiercE @luckystrike

AampDFY.gif

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again - I'm not attached to their early music like that but I don't mind this. 

Janelle Monae - Violet Stars Happy Hunting! - I don't listen enough to her theatrical pre-AA era. It does get better as the song goes along. 

Billie Eilish - my future - The 2nd half when the beat kicks in almost saves this song cuz I was getting very sleepy before. 

Dido - Here With Me - She's kinda mom pop but on the bearable end. 

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More - Deserved grammy winning song. 

Kaoma - Lambada - An original choice. We appecriate that. 

FLO - Cardboard Box - Decent song. They have potential. 

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat - Would've preffered a different hook. The verses > 

Linkin Park - What I've Done - I really wish this was from their earlier eras so I could appropriately praise since I never really had any feeling for post-meteora music. I still think this is in the upper half for this group so there's that. 

Tove Lo - How Long - My first time hearing this and it's nice. 

Rihanna - We Found Love - My history with this song went from liking this to being annoyed with it to loving it to now just appecriating it again. A rollercoaster of a song for sure but it's a blueprint for a reason. 

Foxes - Sister Ray - This was a very useful song for my ASC journey :eli: Anyway, the production gets its job done. 

Kelis - Bossy - The beat has some neat touches to it. While not my go-to for Kelis, this does have enough personality to stand out. 

Red Velvet - Psycho - Hook falls flat. Not as good as the other group's offering. 

Mabel - Let Them Know - Mall core that's good for the background. 

Kesha - Praying - I get what she's going for but i'm gonna respectfully say this is not for me. 

Hatchie - This Enchanted -  The chorus is lacking for me but I like everything else about the song so i'm conflicted. 

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - I've known its existence for years now but it's just not acklowedgebale for me.

Céline Dion - I Drove All Night - Not bad. Think the house production gives this some needed strength. 

Shakira - La Tortura - Her best song yes. 

@touya kinomoto  @MusicLoverDude  @kittenish @thecptz @Luckitty @Mr. Duff @selena_lavigne @Taylucifer @Moonlightbae @PinkBox @Allday @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Rence @Hikari @boys @Technicolor @fiercE @luckystrike

Ok this is kind of a cute, but it's a bit too teen-movie sounding to me

Janelle Monae - Violet Stars Happy Hunting!

This is... a lot. I like Janelle, but this is not really for me, I do appreciate the risk though, I wasn't bored nor disgusted!

I'm sorry, I spaced out, I didn't really care for this, there's not much interesting

Dido - Here With Me

Never heard of her, idk who she is, but she's an older woman, I enjoyed this

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More

Yup, a classic

Kaoma - Lambada

This is so ******* iconic AND an old song.............. yep you got me, I'm ranking this :1stplace: The way you could've pandered to the girls with a big pop girl lead single and sent this... the icon behavior you exuded, I see you queen

FLO - Cardboard Box

It's cute I guess... but the chorus is also really annoying akjsasd but the rest isn't bad

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat

It's cute! Nothing that stands out TOO much but it's a cute bop

Linkin Park - What I've Done

werk, wonder who sent this

Tove Lo - How Long

It's cute, it's nice, not too memorable though, it's kinda just there

Rihanna - We Found Love

Well, of course it's a bop. But also it's REALLY repetitive, not one of my fave songs of hers, but it's still good

Foxes - Sister Ray

This was nice, I liked it! Not enough to add it to my liked songs, but I didn't want to skip it

Kelis - Bossy

Ok this is my first time hearing this, it's kind of iconic, I stan

Red Velvet - Psycho

This is a cute bop, nothing too memorable but it's nice

Mabel - Let Them Know

Not the Ru's Supermodel sampling akljsdasd honestly, I stan

Kesha - Praying

I mean... This is such a beautiful song

Hatchie - This Enchanted

Ehh... didn't care for this at all, not my type, sorry!!! It was kind of too monotone the entire time

Yup a classic

Céline Dion - I Drove All Night

Wait... this is my first time hearing this, it's kind of a serve... you kinda did that!!

Shakira - La Tortura

A huge bop, exactly.

7DokJRx.gif

GROUP A

Charli XCX - Good Ones: this song has been too short since its release, but it's a fun bop

Adele - Hello: always been mid

Lizzo - About Damn Time: absolute banger me thinks

Rihanna - Russian Roulette: it's great, probably middle of the pack this round for me

Janet Jackson - Feedback: now that's a classic…

Paramore - Misery Business: now that's a classic… [2]

TWICE - Fancy: this is cutesy I like it

beabadobee - Talk: she kinda snapped here, but not the hardest of the round

WJSN - UNNATURAL: pretty big bop

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes: even when I didn't like her that much I always liked this song a bit, she sounds so young here :weeps: 

Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo: it's kinda middling-low for me in this group of particular songs

Fei - Fantasy: I'm lovvvving the chill vibes here

Tove Lo - Glad He's Gone: blah... cool girl was right there honey

Shakira - Whenever Wherever: now that's a classic… [3]

Sophia Carson - Fool's Gold: this is kinda good I like it

Caroline Polachek - Door: I know we all hate her but this is a smash, literally one of her only songs I like fff

Ciara - Goodies: now that's a classic… [4]

Confidence Man - Holiday: honestly it's not that bad but it's also not that good compared to everything here

Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover: I see why she quit music [2]

GROUP B

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again: oh my ******* god!!!!!!! the eat

Janelle Monae - Violet Stars Happy Hunting!: it's decent

Billie Eilish - my future: beautiful laidback semi-banger… love it

Dido - Here With Me: she's just such a talent

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More: ewie! hate this shite

Kaoma - Lambada: ofc JLo stole this asfjhsd umm it's cute and boppy

FLO - Cardboard Box: you knew you secured a slay

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat: this is quite good, and I love the switchup halfway thru

Linkin Park - What I've Done: appreciate this risk and also this is a classic

Tove Lo - How Long: it's upper-mid tier for me

Rihanna - We Found Love: classic… aged a bit and not in a great way but I still like it

Foxes - Sister Ray: it's not bad, it's just missing that something special

Kelis - Bossy: omfgfkgsdgjsdgjfds PERIOD

Red Velvet - Psycho: it's just not for me I fear

Mabel - Let Them Know: serve serve serve serve

Kesha - Praying: Die Young would have been a better choice imo but this is adequate too

Hatchie - This Enchanted: can't believe this was the lead, but it's amazing yeah

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love: omg this is kinda timeless…

Céline Dion - I Drove All Night: hey FatBox, girl you have done it again… :rockon:

Shakira - La Tortura: mega smash

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again: this is alright, nice rockpop moment

Janelle Monae - Violet Stars Happy Hunting!: this song is one of her worst songs help

Billie Eilish - my future: always liked this song

Dido - Here With Me: meh boring srry

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More: this bops as always yas

Kaoma - Lambada: a risk that didn’t pay off imo

FLO - Cardboard Box: what in the 5H is going on here, it’s not bad at all

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat: it’s actually really cute

Linkin Park - What I've Done: never liked them and this goes against my taste 

Tove Lo - How Long: one of her best songs

Rihanna - We Found Love: always found this song really basic and generic

Foxes - Sister Ray: loveeee this

Kelis - Bossy: this iconic baddie anthem YES

Red Velvet - Psycho: it's OK, definitely the weaker KPOP song of the round 

Mabel - Let Them Know: this slaps

Kesha - Praying: This was a moment in time that shifted the timeline whew

Hatchie - This Enchanted: this isnt really for me I fear

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love: it’s good but I personally never was obsessed with it

Céline Dion - I Drove All Night: this hymn whew you ate with this girl

Shakira - La Tortura: one of my favorite spanish songs of all time

• ATRL Moderator

GROUP A CRITIQUES

Charli XCX - Good Ones

She really came in and demanded me to pay attention this era! I wasn't a huge fan of her hyperpop sound prior, but this was a smash for me.

Adele - Hello

Wow, this song was such an event at the time. It's nice enough... def something that I would listen to for nostalgia if it came on the radio, but I wouldn't actively seek it out.

Lizzo - About Damn Time

What's not to like about this tbh?? Clever lyrics, catchy melody, and Lizzo's trademark pizzazz. I hope she gets another #1 out of this on the Hot 100!

Rihanna - Russian Roulette

I feel like RR is forgotten in Rihanna's list of lead singles, but I've always really liked it. Very intense, dramatic, and distressingly beautiful.

Janet Jackson - Feedback

She honestly did what she had to do here. This is how you do a lead single later on in your career tbh.

Paramore - Misery Business

An absolute classic. On submission day, I heard this on the radio while driving and was like OMG I think that was a lead single let me switch. I sent it to OP and was told that someone had snatched it literally 5 minutes before. :sadviolin: Sad for me!! I think it's a possible winner, so good selection!

TWICE - Fancy

This was cute! The chorus was pretty strong.

beabadobee - Talk

I'm very appreciative of ATRL for introducing this song to me last month! It's an excellent, succinct, pop rock gem + I hope it does well here.

WJSN - UNNATURAL

Hmmm... this was fun but also didn't leave much of an impact on me. I think that chorus was a bit of a letdown.

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes

I feel like this is a very lovely song overall. Compared to some of the above, it pales a bit for me. Also, someone said it earlier but wow she really does sound so YOUNG here. Kind of crazy.

Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo

Mmmm this is not for me. A bit grating.

Fei - Fantasy

A lovely and chill song, but it gets lost in the shuffle amongst this list.

Tove Lo - Glad He's Gone

I remember my first time listening to this in 2019, I was a bit underwhelmed. But then I grew up. It's a sleek, quirky bop with a hook that really gets into your brain. One of her best tbh (although Cool Girl prob was a stronger choice).

Shakira - Whenever Wherever

Ughhhh have always loved this. She went off -- instrumental, melody, lyrics, vocals -- all on point.

Sophia Carson - Fool's Gold

This is kind of middle of the road for me. I can't get into the chorus. It's Only Love, Nobody Dies outsold.

Caroline Polachek - Door

The artistry jumped out. This song was my introduction to her and it was certainly a good one. Got to see this live + she sounds just like the recording!

Ciara - Goodies

I usually love early 2000s songs by hip hop/R&B girls, but this one is not clicking for me. The intense synth might be the culprit bc Ciara sounds great... If I had nostalgia attached to this, I bet that I'd like it more.

Confidence Man - Holiday

I actually didn't hate this, but it's a very strange choice that borders on annoying at times. It definitely falls flat amongst this group.

Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover

Well ... this certainly took me on a rollercoaster. Definitely has some catchy moments and cool production, but overall I would probably not listen again.

One of my fave Demi songs, pop rock classic

I've never heard this side of her before, it's very interesting. It took me a minute, but I ended up enjoying it

I'm not crazy about it, but it is really pretty and I love the message

Dido - Here With Me
Love the way it builds, I liked it a lot!

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More
Whew, still a super fresh BOP

Kaoma - Lambada
Such a fun song

FLO - Cardboard Box
A bop, super solid debut single

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat
Very cute, love the production

I do like this, not as much as other Linkin Park songs, but it's good

Tove Lo - How Long
Tove really never misses huh

Rihanna - We Found Love
Monster classic, makes me super nostalgic

Foxes - Sister Ray
Euphoric banger

Kelis - Bossy
Iconic, I especially love the beat

Red Velvet - Psycho
A collapse

Mabel - Let Them Know
I was not expecting this to go as hard as it did, I'm bopping

Kesha - Praying
Gorgeous gorgeous song, especially the bridge

Hatchie - This Enchanted
I don't love it as much as the other Hatchie songs I've heard, but it's still very enjoyable

CLASSIC that never gets old for me

I love this song, one of my faves from Celine 

Shakira - La Tortura
Another monster classic wheww, great end to the round

Ranking these is going to be hard

NqTmio5.png

GROUP B

- this is probably my fave Demetria lead after CFTS. they did what they had to did with this one.

- i really am not used to sounds like this from Janelle but i like it. this is a decent song; however, i don't think it will stand out that much in this group.

- i gave my OBEH side a rest for ASC's last round but it's time to resume regular programming. it got interesting when the beat kicked in but it's too late to save it.

Dido - Here With Me

- yes Dido yes high ranks. this is no Thank You (which is from the same album) but it did very well to set the tone for the rest of the singles.

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More

- i will ignore the fact that this is a Dr. Puke-produced song and just focus about what's great about this song... which is basically everything. i won't be surprised if this wins this group. if you ever win, pls don't chop me. thank you!

Kaoma - Lambada

- you know what, just for the risk, i will rank you high. i know this song of course but i didn't expect it to be sent.

FLO - Cardboard Box

- the girls are raving about this song and i have to say... it's warranted. it somehow reminds me of Irreplaceable with a bit of No Scrubs. love the quirky lyrics and the excellent production and vocals! THE VOCALS MA'AM!

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat

- this is cute. very inoffensive. however, it's kinda forgettable.

- idk, this is isn't bad but compared to other LP songs, i don't have much nostalgia attached to this song.

Tove Lo - How Long

- i'm disappointed with the Tove choices. like there are better choices. idk if they are in the banned songs list but this pales in comparison to some of the songs in this round.

Rihanna - We Found Love

- contrary to Tove, the Rihanna choices for this round didn't disappoint. like both choices are top half in Rih's lead singles. especially this song. i have so much great memories attached to this song.

Foxes - Sister Ray

- The Kick is still one of my favorite albums from this year and this is just *chef's kiss*. as the lead and album opener as well, this sets up the whole era perfectly. too bad she didn't smash as she should have.

Kelis - Bossy

- this is my first time hearing this but she snapped! like the personality is overflowing with this one.

Red Velvet - Psycho

- not you stealing my ASC entry. anyhow, i will tell you rn that people will not like that much however i really think this is a right step for RV tbh. this a mature sounding song for them but still serving that RV flair. they can't forever serve bubblegum bops and they did what they had to do with this one.

Mabel - Let Them Know

- the girls are raving about this song and i have to say... it's warranted. [2] love the 00s disco banger vibes but without sounding dated.

Kesha - Praying

- just for this being robbed of the Grammy it deserved (i still remember fuming over SOY winning when Ed was the only nominee absent that year), i will give you my number 1.

Hatchie - This Enchanted

- the intro is unnecessarily wrong and it actually kinda forgettable. :sorry:

- this classic. i'm tempted to do my usual pattern for critique for Leona but this is just so good.

- the only thing i can think of about this songs is the way Priyanka destroyed Kiara in that LSFYL.

Shakira - La Tortura

- closing out on a high note. ugh, i barely understand Spanish but this is the version i really prefer.

okay i don't think i have heard this much before since i didn't care about old demi much. but oh wow, this is such a big bop. i really love the chorus how they did the lil key switch, so cool tbh. the verses are okay tho, the chorus ATE. i will prob continue listening to this more after this.

ahh old janelle, legend. personally, i don't care much about this ep and while this is still a good and enjoyable submission, feels like it's gonna be ranked kinda middle-ish or low maybe cause i think it's just there!

this is really so gorgeous and so emotional. i always love when she does like kinda minimal production and like with how she sings in this, it's so ethereal. floating. inserts winnie emoji. yes. very that!!!

Dido - Here With Me

hehe tbh i usually like dido's stuff and i didn't expect to like pan her but this one, i feel it's kinda dragging a bit and it just fell a bit short compared to the songs i have heard before. :cries:

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More

a serve, song of the summer etc etc. it's the start of one of the biggest eras EVER tbh!!! planet her slayed everyone. ANYWAYS, i love this song so much. loved it when it was released, still love it now :heart2: ofc i did try to submit this but i sent it like 10-something hrs after the round was posted so kinda knew i wouldnt get it giggles.

Kaoma - Lambada

ahehehe

FLO - Cardboard Box

ahhhh yes! there was a time where i didn't care for this song and i thought it was a bit overhyped but now i see the lights. one of the best lead singles this year and their ep is a big serve i fear! they're gonna be the next big thing!!!! or idk they might flop but they will produce great stuff for sure.

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat

oh wow i didn't expect this to be such a cute bop. literally dancing a bit while typing this mmmm mmm!! la la la la la~ soo cute and very unexpected for me!!! so yea i think this is a great submission, loved.

a classic and a big risk. will it pay off for me? idk, stay tuned till you see my rankings i guess.

Tove Lo - How Long

all the tove lo choices this round are amazing :heart2: glad he's gone, i love. now this one? a big bop tbh. when she released it, i was SHOOK. and this era is shaping to be another great era, queen. :alexz:

Rihanna - We Found Love

a classic we all know and love!!! i don't like it that much like i used to before but it's still a great song! can't wait for her next lead single :lakitu:

Foxes - Sister Ray

dances. shakes. the best song on the album!!! we love you foxes and we are so thankful that you created this amazing pop song for all of us. the world is healing. cause gemini it's your touch.

Kelis - Bossy

this is okay! i don't really like it that much like other submissions but it's not bad at all!!! i liked the beginning of the song then it kinda was just there and that's it really.

Red Velvet - Psycho

the way the tiktok sound thats like the start of the song but singing it rlly off-key got in my head when the song started sobs :weeps: anyways, this is such a great song and they did that. they got me feeling like a psycho, psycho!

Mabel - Let Them Know

oh she said she made this for the gays and when i heard it the first time, i gasped. this is like such a perfect gay song. (i'm not gay tho) and this song is literally so amazing. best song on the album for sure and wow..... mabel did that!!!!

Kesha - Praying

a good song with such an amazing and powerful message!

Hatchie - This Enchanted

omg once again, i did have a phase of disliking this song but one day, i think before the album was out, i saw the light and i've come to love this song a lot. the whole album is amazing too. god, she did that with this song and this album. mwah. mwah. relatable.

oh wow... the way this song is still so good whenever i listen to it :weeps: queen you created a masterpiece and we are all thankful for your service. keep bleeding, leona. keep bleeding love.

amazing. queen. yes. exactly. period. ahhhhhhhhhhh. queen of driving. i love this song!!!! and that should be enough commentary from me bc i love it so much.

Shakira - La Tortura

better than i expected! cute.

G9YAZch.gif

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again - can't stand Demi but this is a nice pop-rock sing. Lemme add it to my rock list!

Janelle Monae - Violet Stars Happy Hunting! - not really feeling this i'm sorry :(

Billie Eilish - my future - the worst song on her new album and a total snooze, i always skip this :c

Dido - Here With Me - i enjoy this one ^^

Doja Cat - Kiss Me More - a fun summery bop. i never loved this song but it's still good ^^

Kaoma - Lambada - i definitely recognize that this song has been sampled! not something i enjoy though.

FLO - Cardboard Box - a nice song ^^ i personally enjoy their other songs more but i'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about fff.

Apink CHOBOM - Copycat - soooo cute. it's like ear candy ^^ a wonderful pick.

Linkin Park - What I've Done - i appreciate the risk! i think this is a good song and i wish u luck <3

Tove Lo - How Long - outsold GHG. a great song and my favorite of the songs we've heard from her new album so far. strong pick!

Rihanna - We Found Love - yesss, one of her most iconic songs! this song is so fun and catchy. i still love it.

Foxes - Sister Ray - i enjoyed this kind of music wayyy more like 10 years ago, but it's still a pretty cute song from an overrated album. (maybe i should give the album another go soon...)

Kelis - Bossy - i enjoyed this! super fun.

Red Velvet - Psycho - propably my favorite song by them! i love this song so much, i wish they did more songs like this in the future. (if they dont disband soon fff)

Mabel - Let Them Know - sooooo good <3 such a fun, fabulous and cunty song. everyone should stream her new album!

Kesha - Praying - one of her best songs. this is such a powerful and beautiful song especially coming from what she's been going through. just perfection to me.

Hatchie - This Enchanted - it's fine. it doesn't really excite me that much tbh.

Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love - one of my favorite ballads of all time. just fantastic.

Céline Dion - I Drove All Night - reminds me of CDR. a good song ^^ i wonder who sent this...

Shakira - La Tortura - what a throwback. one of her most known songs for sure, it's nice.

@MusicLoverDude @touya kinomoto@kittenish @thecptz @Luckitty @Mr. Duff @selena_lavigne @Taylucifer @Moonlightbae @PinkBox @Allday @Bicassie @Opulent @Julia Fox @Rence @Hikari @boys @Technicolor @fiercE @luckystrike

x

Charli XCX — Good Ones

Far from the best entry, but there’s still entrancing/addictive qualities to this that I love.

Adele — Hello

A modern classic. Solid/safe choice.

Lizzo — About Damn Time

It’s cute if it’s playing on the radio, in a store, etc. I haven’t really played it on my own accord though.

Rihanna — Russian Roulette

My jaw dropped when I saw this was sent. This + Hard had me & my best friend on a tight grip back when the ‘Rated R’ era was live.

Janet Jackson — Feedback

Since discovering this in my HS Sophomore Year, I’ve revisited it about every Fall&Winter since. Just doesn’t get played out for me.

Paramore — Misery Business

Yeah… you slaughtered this round.

TWICE — FANCY

Second verse had good progression & the higher notes towards the end were a nice touch. Cute overall.

beabadoobee — Talk

I could see why people are obsessed with it. It’s quite nice!

WJSN — UNNATURAL

At first I wasn’t feeling it but that little string riff into the chorus & the vocals pounding sold this.

Billie Eilish — ocean eyes

One of the few songs of hers I’m familiar with. It’s one to be treasured for sure.

Red Velvet — Peek-A-Boo

Very Summer-y instrumental but I’m not sure if I’m feeling the “peek-a-boo” thing going on.

Fei — Fantasy

The OP&Randomizer really lumped all the K-Pop songs in this group close together - screamin’. It doesn’t move me but it’s sleekly done & not overproduced.

Tove Lo — Glad He’s Gone

Cool Girl was RIGHT there/woulda gotten a Top3 placement for me. Also, I know How Long was technically released first from the new album but it was a soundtrack song so you kinda had a loophole with No One Dies From Love as well. But still, it’s Tove, so it’s getting a decent placement from me.

Shakira — Whenever, Wherever

Absolutely timeless. Legit one of the greatest songs this century. You came with a clear mission to kill as well. Can’t believe some people are doing this wrong.

Sofia Carson — Fool’s Gold

I don’t think I’m feeling her higher vocals. Overall... it’s just “there” too.

Caroline Polachek — Door

She’s got a pleasant voice & interesting style. I think smaller doses (length-wise of songs) would work much better for me.

Ciara f/ Petey Pablo — Goodies

The temptation to get up & dance right now is real. She just knows how to make the listeners move. Great choice.

Confidence Man — Holiday

…........Hm. Not sure what to make of this. Takes a bit too long to develop which will hurt its ranking most for me.

Nadia Oh f/ Space Cowboy — My Egyptian Lover

Dated done right. 

•••

Perfect first round - there was an abundance of classics, some new pleasant ones & some new ones I weren't feeling. If anything, I'll have trouble ranking the #5 - #10 section. Excited to see results!

5b0c461db0ba8f137186a2cf9013624e11d900b2

Charli XCX - Good Ones = Love the melody of the chorus but it isn’t as bombastic as I would’ve hoped for, still a cute choice
Adele - Hello = A monstrous hit with great vocal runs but it doesn’t do anything for me
Lizzo - About Damn Time = This was pleasant to listen to; deserves a cute rating 
Rihanna - Russian Roulette = Classic & perfect lead from my fave album of hers; a 00’s staple 
Janet Jackson - Feedback  = Groovy, I enjoyed how she maintained her charismatic energy throughout
Paramore - Misery BusinessAnother 00’s staple, how reminiscent 
TWICE - Fancy = Jigeum neoegero gallae x
beabadobee - Talk = I thoroughly enjoyed this, lemme peek into this album 
WJSN - UNNATURAL = Aesseo musimhage, Amureotjido anheun cheokhaji nan hajiman x
Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes = Beautiful harmonies, that’s about it… not feeling melancholy this summer I guess
Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo = Instrumental & overall delivery still stomp
Fei - Fantasy = The mini switch up she had towards the end felt disjointed to me but this overall chill lavishness vibe she was delivering was pleasant 
Tove Lo - Glad He's Gone = Not one of my faves from her
Shakira - Whenever Wherever = Una clásica
Sophia Carson - Fool's Gold = The instrumental wasn’t suffice for me, neither the structure of the song. It started off interesting but fizzled out my interest quickly 
Caroline Polachek - Door = Still after a few listens it majorly doesn’t click, not sure if it’s cause I wince every time at how she delivers ‘door’ but the a bit over a minute outro is quite compelling
Ciara - Goodies = Another 00’s staple, the instrumental hitting right off the bat with the rap puro fuego
Confidence Man - Holiday = The colorful house instrumental buildup isn’t appreciated much, a grower indeed 
Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover = Not gonna lie… I enjoy the verses a lot but the chorus brings this down a bit & the instrumental production department is full of choices

• ATRL Moderator

Charli XCX - Good Ones - surprisingly coming from this artist, but this is a bop 

Adele - Hello - i like this but it aged a bit

Lizzo - About Damn Time - big bop

Rihanna - Russian Roulette - one of her best songs you served i fear

Janet Jackson - Feedback - it's okay :michael:

Paramore - Misery Business - absolute bop

TWICE - Fancy - generic :thing:

beabadobee - Talk - i feel she has better

WJSN - UNNATURAL - this is terrible :skull:

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes - yup yup :jonnycat:

Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo - a bit better than the other two k-pop songs above

Fei - Fantasy - wait this is good

Tove Lo - Glad He's Gone - no x

Shakira - Whenever Wherever - iconic song

Sophia Carson - Fool's Gold - don't like this

Caroline Polachek - Door - yes queen

Ciara - Goodies - classic

Confidence Man - Holiday - no x [2]

Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover - this is decent

Do we rank all the songs or just the songs in our group?

Charli XCX - Good Ones - this is a career highlight idc what anyone else says :katie2:

Adele - Hello - legendary comeback song :jonnycat:

Lizzo - About Damn Time - a banger :WAP:

Rihanna - Russian Roulette - wasn’t feeling this that much at first but I ended up liking it more than I thought I would

Janet Jackson - Feedback - it was a nice listen :jamming:

Paramore - Misery Business - talented brilliant incredible etc :jonny2:

TWICE - Fancy - slaps :katie2:

beabadobee - Talk - great song :clap3:

WJSN - UNNATURAL - nice sing

Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes - might be my favorite song by her :smitten: so pretty

Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo - one of my favorite kpop groups <3 a fun bop

Fei - Fantasy - really cute bop :jamming:

Tove Lo - Glad He's Gone - such a good song :smitten:

Shakira - Whenever Wherever - it’s cute

Sophia Carson - Fool's Gold - cute generic bop

Caroline Polachek - Door - dreamy :boat:

Ciara - Goodies - not a song I revisit often but it’s a classic

Confidence Man - Holiday - haven’t heard this before but it’s nice

Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover - I can’t make it not slap :WAP:

33 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Do we rank all the songs or just the songs in our group?

just the songs in your group

My only hope at this point is that every one of the bishes left don’t sent their rankings so they get eliminated and I’ll be safe because this tasteless people are clearly not helping 

FYD_WOSWYAEG-c7?format=jpg&name=medium

Good Ones - Not one of my personal favorites but I definitely get the decision. It’s cute. 

Hello - I find this song very overrated and slightly annoying, but I’m sure the others will praise you so good job.

About Damn Time - I used to find this song corny and borderline garbage but it makes me bop now idk idk. 

Russian Roulette - I honestly wasn’t familiar with this song before joining ATRL, but this is nice. 

Feedback - I wish there were some production tweaks but I can’t deny this is a bop

Misery Business - This will always be a classic but it’s not my fav song here 

FANCY - Oh I like this. 

Talk  - This is cute in a Soccer Mommy kinda way. Added this to my library. 

UNNATURAL - This doesn’t really move me 

Ocean Eyes - This is cute/pleasant, but never been one of my favorite Billie tracks. 

Peek-A-Boo - This is okay but not one of my fav Red Velvet tracks 

Fantasy - Honestly a really weak entry 

Glad He’s Gone - One of my favorite Tove songs

Whenever, Wherever - Never really was enamored with this but I get the appeal 

Fool’s Gold - This was very solid 

Door - Still a cute song

Goodies - Classic

Holiday - Honestly isnt bad 

My Egyptian Lover - Kinda a bop somehow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.