J.K. Rowling buys entire Macy Gray back catalogue after transphobic comments

Bimbo

1 hour ago, Jay-El said:

The way JK can effortlessly flick off the naysayers and continue to do her is just powerful. She really gives no fucks. :ahh: 

I obviously don’t agree with her and her ideas but her power is something else. 

Yeah loves laugh at the powerful rich white woman at the sake of a harmless, already at risk, marginalised community. V classy. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Bey Admired

• GraceRandolph

• FreeXone

It's like she has Google Alerts on trans stories in the media because she loves to insert herself in every time. It's a bit pathetic :skull:

In no universe does it make sense for JK to be transphobic. Why is she one in this one? :hoetenks:

I'm confusion

So she bought all of Macy gray's albums after her comment or did she buy her actual catalog Michael Jackson to Beatles style???

:psyduck:

to think how she went from humble beginnings to being hateful :deadbanana4: you would've thought she would have more empathy and critical thinking

Is she that rich? This is just a whim and she makes it seem so affordable but I’m sure it’s not :skull: 

6 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I'm confusion

So she bought all of Macy gray's albums after her comment or did she buy her actual catalog Michael Jackson to Beatles style???

:psyduck:

Just her albums apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Just her albums apparently. 

Oh i see. Welp.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, starataneori said:

the way jk rowling doesnt try to hide it anymore :rip:

She never hid it first place. She’s been very vocal about cis women being the only type of women since the beginning. She thinks trans women somehow invalids women rights. I really wonder what caused her wrath toward trans people. A case of study if you ask me

I mean I would too. I love supporting black women's business. 

JK about to end the streaming era once and for all

giphy.gif

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

She's part of a group of insecure cis feminists who feel trans women are a threat

She's so obsessed with trans people :deadbanana4:

And Warner Bros is still "proud" to work with her :skull:.

In 2001 I would've never predicted this timeline for the "I Try" songstress and Harry Potter authoress - MESS:rip:

……. Really JK? Really? She couldn’t have just left it alone. She had to stick her nose in and make a bad situation worse? Really? She couldn’t have donated to the multiple groups trying to fight the overturn of Row V Wade, or to Planned Parenthood, or to any of the other Women’s Health Organizations? Buying Macy Grey’s back catalogue is the route she went?

The fact that she could be using her power, money and influence to support actual feminist causes like abortion rights or domestic abuse but she actively choses to let the vile hag out on a literal non issue 

I love how ATRL still shocked that JK Rowling is aggressively transphobic like where have you been sis :ahh:

7 hours ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

The point is SHE DOESN'T CARE. At this point, she's just trolling y'all. That lady don't care about none of that. And guess what, there are soooooo many people who feel the same way she does, which is why she will never be "canceled".  She's become the loud minority picking up momentum every time people overreact to her mess.

7 hours ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

The point is SHE DOESN'T CARE. At this point, she's just trolling y'all. That lady don't care about none of that. And guess what, there are soooooo many people who feel the same way she does, which is why she will never be "canceled".  She's become the loud minority picking up momentum every time people overreact to her mess.

Didn't she literally defend the British author who called for a genocide of trans people?

"Trolling" is such an unserious and diminishing word choice for the reality of someone's views.

Might as well say 'Donald Trump was TROLLING y'all when calling for Proud Boys to attack black people and defended the merits of great replacement theory. He got the liberals TRIGGERED and MAD!!!". :skull:

Try to say goodbye and I choke, indeed. 

J K Rowling should focus on trying to create something new herself instead of these god awful franchise movies that even her diehard fans can’t pretend aren’t ****. The real issue is not her thinly veiled transphobic views but how much space she’s taking up for how little she actually does these days and how she completely dipped on being a creative as soon as she got her money. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrT42aQhUFGdT1c9N0SC1

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Didn't she literally defend the British author who called for a genocide of trans people?

"Trolling" is such an unserious and diminishing word choice for the reality of someone's views.

Might as well say 'Donald Trump was TROLLING y'all when calling for Proud Boys to attack black people and defended the merits of great replacement theory. He got the liberals TRIGGERED and MAD!!!". :skull:

But he did and them being mad was on them for not taking the election seriously. Consequences.

But JK isnt a world leader and I said what I said. Keep getting mad for nothing. 

You have to laugh. :rip: 

:ahh:

4 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

Keep getting mad for nothing. 

This is such an unusual reaction to people getting upset at powerful figures with platforms saying things like that our goal in life should be to bring about the extinction of trans people. :skull: We're not just talking matter of opinion. This is avid, rabid advocacy for eugenics and physically harming a minority group. 

Saying "get over it" is like mad weird. No, you're the one having an unhealthy reaction to something objectively violent by trying to downplay it and defend it. It's literally a natural reaction to be upset at people advocating for "riding the world" of a group of people. 

What are your views of trans people if calls to kill or physically harm trans people upsetting someone is "getting mad at nothing" to you? 

Edited by Communion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.