J.K. Rowling buys entire Macy Gray back catalogue after transphobic comments

Bimbo

How in the World did JK become the face of the transphobic movement? :deadbanana:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Bey Admired

• GraceRandolph

• FreeXone

55 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

not me thinking she bought macy's masters KJAHLSDKFJHASDD

Wait... I thought the same. 

She just bought her discography on iTunes or whatever? :rip:

Even if she agrees with Macy, why buy her catalog? I can't imagine that it's worth much and there's only like one song by her that's genuinely good. :rip:

At this point she's doing all of this out of spite and it's infuriating how she's spending her time and money just to let people know she's transphobic. Like that's it there's no hidden meaning behind her actions anymore she's just out there saying "hello guys i'm transphobic" at every single opportunity she gets. Honestly I hope she d word soon :sorry:

1 hour ago, slobro said:

I thought she purchased the masters :ahh:

Same ????????

so she actually just bought the albums. 

27 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

What are y'all accomplishing? It's like people who complain all the time, but do nothing to change the circumstances of the complaint. The point IS, and it shouldn't have to be said, that social currency is the only thing people can take from J.K. but y'all break your backs running to give it to her. Honestly, after they threatened to murder and rape her, I wouldn't back down either. For J.K., and this is simply my opinion, it's the principle. She knows she going to get an adverse reaction. Social currency.  And whenever she makes a move, y'all can't help yourselves. It's like being mad at conservatives. Um, you're not their base. They don't care if you're mad. You're just mad and giving them social currency to the people who agree with them, but were maybe ignorant about their platform.

That's why social media "activism" accomplishes nothing in the end. At this point, y'all are just promoting her platform even more.

I can’t decide if you have reached burnout from the dumpster fire of the last 5 years and thus feel everything is futile or if you are that obtuse as to why standing up to prejudice and calling it out is important :rip:

I thought she bought her masters :rip: So she just bought all of her albums on itunes?

22 minutes ago, XVIIII said:

Is Oli London transgender now? I thought he/they/she/kor/ean was just "transracial." Wtf when did that happen? Still a clown though.

Also, I thought the whole JK being a trans bigot thing was blown out of proportion but not anymore. This woman is literally making it her new life's work to go after transwomen. Wtf is her problem?

They had a facial feminization surgery recently but who knows what they actually identify as :rip: This person is trolling 24/7

19 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Even if she agrees with Macy, why buy her catalog? I can't imagine that it's worth much and there's only like one song by her that's genuinely good. :rip:

She bought her albums, not her masters. So Macy probably just earned enough for a cheesburger & fries, but hey a meal is a meal, I guess.

The way JK can effortlessly flick off the naysayers and continue to do her is just powerful. She really gives no fucks. :ahh: 

I obviously don’t agree with her and her ideas but her power is something else. 

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

notyou-tiffany.gif

The Essence of Beauty would not approve

Same I was like, not the Monet hater also supporting transphobes :deadbanana2:

OT: Trans women have her PRESSED. How spiteful and petty. It’s really such a shame she chose to double down on this instead of just admitting she was wrong and you can support cis women and transgender women in the same breath without any conflicts.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, but she's inexcusable at this point.

SJWs have played a part in the radicalisation of her beliefs, but her obsession on trans individuals is baffling to begin with. What did they do to you, miss ma'am?

3 minutes ago, Jay-El said:

The way JK can effortlessly flick off the naysayers and continue to do her is just powerful. She really gives no fucks. :ahh: 

I obviously don’t agree with her and her ideas but her power is something else. 

And that's so sad, it just proves that money really equals power in our world. She's losing the respect a lot of people in the industry had for her, she's being distanced from projects regarding the universe she created, no one takes her seriously anymore other than biggots but she still can get away with all these awful opinions because she's made for life. 

1 hour ago, RainDreamer said:

To be fair she's not American so she doesn't really have to and Macy Gray did specifically talk about her in that interview. 

Unfortunately she has commented on several American issues when it comes to trans people which is why it’s weird.

She needs a psychiatric evaluation, funny she seemed to be silent on roe, but doesn't miss a chance to go after the trans community

I can't believe TERF's think they're in some cool kids club. It's genuinely getting scary now the way things are heading. :doc: 

11 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

She bought her albums, not her masters. So Macy probably just earned enough for a cheesburger & fries, but hey a meal is a meal, I guess.

:deadbanana:

13 minutes ago, brazil said:

:deadbanana:

But isn't it also quite cynical? Rowling is a (multi?) billionaire and she basically brags about having paid for Macy Gray's cheesburger & fries meal at her nearby fastfood restaurant after somebody says that Macy's career is over. You can't make this **** up, honestly :laugh:

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

I can’t believe she’s going out like this as once one of the most beloved authors. :deadbanana4:

She still is one of the most beloved authors out there, sad to say. Most people agree with her that supporting trans issues at the “expense” of cis women’s rights doesn’t make sense to them, and a lot  are even more extreme and see trans people as subhuman.

36 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Please, you are overreacting.

She got a small fries at best.

33 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I gave her the benefit of the doubt in the beginning, but she's inexcusable at this point.

SJWs have played a part in the radicalisation of her beliefs, but her obsession on trans individuals is baffling to begin with. What did they do to you, miss ma'am?

TERFs and conservatives radicalized her, not ~SJWs~ :rip:

That's also giving her the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't always just this hateful to begin with.

Wait...from the way she worded her tweet, I gathered that she bought her masters, but she just bought her albums on iTunes or something? :deadbanana2: That isn't the statement piece you think it is Miss Rowling. :deadbanana4:

I can't believe she's become one of the leading (public) faces of transphobia. :shakeno: Sad. Her beloved characters wouldn't agree with her views (except maybe he who must not be named).

JK is psychotic :deadbanana2: Does she even know any actual transgender people irl? The obsession is FRIGHTENING. 

Someone is bored and has too much time and money on their hands, could’ve lived the perfect post HP life but decided to be hateful and bigoted instead. Sad! 

4 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

:clap3:Love these women tbh.

You’re ******* trash.

I can't 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.