Can Beyonce rebound?

bocelli

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see it for her?

• Yes...shes Beyonce
    • No, shes absolutely over

5 hours ago, Danny789 said:

Artists like Beyoncé don’t need to rebound, no one gets hits forever (especially woman) she has a legacy, her album will do fine, and her tour will be massive.  

This. They expected Beyoncé to stay relevant for 100 years. She's been in the game for 25 years. What hasn't she accomplished?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• BnPac

• brenda-walsh

• Devin

She’s already a legend so she doesn’t really need to “rebound” from anything. If you’re asking about Mainstream success, the odds are stacked against her: she’s too old for ageist Radio, she doesn’t seem interested in promoting, and she’s taking very long breaks. If she comes back with a banger I think people will welcome her back, but at this point it doesn’t seem like she’s interested in that at all so…

2 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

She will be forty something during her next era and undeniably lost sales and popularity since Beyonce and that is being lenient. Her comeback, acclaimed  album Beyonce struggled to sell 2 million copies before streaming and wasn’t Lemonade only at like 1.1 million prior to streaming? That was flopping for Beyonces status even if she only sold 3 million in the US during her peak between BDay and I Am. Streaming is a young person’s game so she is going to have a difficult time there like most of her peers, See Adele. Her next album will go platinum but I don’t think it will have any longevity or big hit singles and will undoubtedly start the end of her commercial success  inevitably. 

ST sold more than 2M around 2.3-2.4.  That is more or less the sales of Born This Way with 99 cent deal. Also, ST outsold Prism, Bangerz, Pure Heroine, Talk That Talk, Loud, Pink Friday etc. You have to remember that she didn't promote the album and the songs aren't radio friendly. B is also the last black women to sell and she's the only one who sold 2M+ for each of her studio album minus 4. 

1 hour ago, XtunaStan said:

and worldwide, not limited to the US or Australia like certain girls.

The last time she toured outside of NA/Europe was a decade ago. 

When artists can book 50 stadium dates, they don't bother for more, XtunaStan. 

OT : Her next album will probably be a success but even if it doesn't end up as one, she doesn't have to prove anything anymore. 

She literally created LIFE. The hard work is done.

See that's thing about Mariah. Promo-wise she never rested on her laurels. She was always out there promoting like a newbie. She used to say "i never take success for granted".

Her ”Diana” era is coming and y all arent ready :fan:

And if it doesn't happen well she has nothing to prove after 25 years of utter slayage :cm:

No, she's over and done for. 

The Gift, Spirit and Be Alive are proof of that. 

The song from Cadillac Records might not have charted, neither did the ones from Fighting Temptations nor Rise Up from Epic but TG and Spirit are just special colossal bombs, it's over for her. 

She is not a slave to her label like your faves (mainly the new girls)

Beyoncé does what she wants, when she wants to do it. 

You better pray these new girls she an OUNCE of her success once their hyper-commercial eras are over.

They’ll be shelved for good. 

Its not a matter if "can she", but moreso a matter of "does she want to". 

Beyonce has the connections and wealth to book any gig she wants to: she could perform everywhere, buy out all banners, put her songs in every playlist cause she'd just buy the placements, etc.. she could quite literally manipulate the charts as she wants to.

So its not a matter of "can she rebound", but if she truly wants to have that commercial success. Up to her.

She can but tbh I don’t think she even cares at this point.. she is very much like Britney just enjoying the legacy 

3 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Her ”Diana” era is coming and y all arent ready :fan:

And if it doesn't happen well she has nothing to prove after 25 years of utter slayage :cm:

I can see that happening too, if she goes for a pop-centric album like that.

BUT it should be noted that as far as comparing debuts and last hits, Beyoncé may have already had her Diana era.

• Diana came out 10 years after Ms. Ross' debut album, and ST came out ten years after Beyoncé's.
  • Similarly, the Diana album came out 18 years after she had her first debut on the Hot 100 with The Supremes, and Lemonade came out 19 years after Beyoncé's first appearance on the Hot 100 with Destiny's Child.

Even what they did after, and the rough amount of Hot 100 hits they got after these eras are similar:

• Diana had one more #1 hit collabing with younger artist (Lionel Ritchie, Endless Love) and then three more Top Tens in her career
  • Beyoncé got a #1 hit collabing with younger artist (Ed Sheehan, Perfect Duet) and then got another #1 with Megan (Savage Remix) as well as a near Top Ten with APESHIT (#13).

So, I think these similarities to Diana's career (statistically, and also given their career progressions from girl group to iconic solo star), outlines how even if Beyoncé stops completely and doesn't chart a single song on the Hot 100 ever again, as Diana's legacy is, so too will Beyoncé's be well established.

Edited by swissman

1 hour ago, swissman said:

I can see that happening too, if she goes for a pop-centric album like that.

BUT it should be noted that as far as comparing debuts and last hits, Beyoncé may have already had her Diana era.

• Diana came out 10 years after Ms. Ross' debut album, and ST came out ten years after Beyoncé's.
  • Similarly, the Diana album came out 18 years after she had her first debut on the Hot 100 with The Supremes, and Lemonade came out 19 years after Beyoncé's first appearance on the Hot 100 with Destiny's Child.

Even what they did after, and the rough amount of Hot 100 hits they got after these eras are similar:

• Diana had one more #1 hit collabing with younger artist (Lionel Ritchie, Endless Love) and then three more Top Tens in her career
  • Beyoncé got a #1 hit collabingwith younger artist (Ed Sheehan, Perfect Duet) and then got another #1 with Megan (Savage Remix) as well as a near Top Ten with APESHIT (#13).

So, I think these similarities to Diana's career (statistically, and also given their career progressions from girl group to iconic solo star), outlines how even if Beyoncé stops completely and doesn't chart a single song on the Hot 100 ever again, as Diana's legacy is, so too will Beyoncé's be well established.

Whewww , you're definitely right then with these receipts ! 

17 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

her US peak was 20 years ago with DIL and you do realize that the pure sales market massively declined from each album she released :skull: of course her numbers weren't going to be the same

Lemonade is actually one of the last albums to sell 2M pure in the US, so no not flopping 

the pure sales market did decline but even during there were artists that sold a lot such as Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Usher, Taylor. Beyonce was never a big seller in the us even during her peak. 

When did Lemonade sell 2M? The last time I checked it was less than 1.2M before streaming sales. What I meant is, she wasn’t the biggest seller but she was able to sell a consistent amount each album. Her ballpark was 3M. I don’t see her selling that as she gets older. 

17 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

uh... no it sold 1.5M pure copies (US) in 2016 ALONE & wasn't released to Non-Tidal Streaming services until 2019...You know, when it was streamed so much it returned to the BB200 top 10 3 years later?

That’s still low for Beyonce when Adele and Taylor were shipping boat loads literally. Didn’t 4 out do that up until that point? Beyonce might get lucky and sell that again, but I don’t think she’s gonna sell 3 million copies on future albums. Can’t see it. 

16 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

ST sold more than 2M around 2.3-2.4.  That is more or less the sales of Born This Way with 99 cent deal. Also, ST outsold Prism, Bangerz, Pure Heroine, Talk That Talk, Loud, Pink Friday etc. You have to remember that she didn't promote the album and the songs aren't radio friendly. B is also the last black women to sell and she's the only one who sold 2M+ for each of her studio album minus 4. 

I’m talking about her sales figures before streams. They were average at best for Beyoncé’s standards. If I’m not mistaken before streaming, lemonade was like 1.1-2 M and Self-titled 1.8-9 M. That’s not exactly killing it for Beyonce when Taylor and Adele were doing 8M and 9M respectfully. 

Edited by Pleighboy

44 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

the pure sales market did decline but even during there were artists that sold a lot such as Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Usher, Taylor. Beyonce was never a big seller in the us even during her peak. 

When did Lemonade sell 2M? The last time I checked it was less than 1.2M before streaming sales. What I meant is, she wasn’t the biggest seller but she was able to sell a consistent amount each album. Her ballpark was 3M. I don’t see her selling that as she gets older. 

Kelly Clarkson had 1 that sold well and never reached anywhere near that level again. Usher debuted in the 90s when album sales were highest. also i dont know where you keep getting your fake numbers when it was confirmed that the album sold 1.5M in 2016 ALONE and confirmed 1.95M by 2019. Lemonade was certified triple platinum so she still did her usual standards by your definition

1 hour ago, Pleighboy said:

Billboard reported at the beginning of 2017 that Lemonade had sold 1,554,000 copies in 2016 and the album was not on streaming for over 2 more years.

Edited by swissman

1 hour ago, Pleighboy said:

I’m talking about her sales figures before streams. They were average at best for Beyoncé’s standards. If I’m not mistaken before streaming, lemonade was like 1.1-2 M and Self-titled 1.8-9 M. That’s not exactly killing it for Beyonce when Taylor and Adele were doing 8M and 9M respectfully. 

Lemonade was literally launched by a poltiical Black-pride anthem that had people wanting to boycott her, outraged think pieces being written about her, and a general discomfort about her message by a huge and racist American "MAGA" population. And the album only doubled down on this message.

To compare this to the sales of white, innocuous, inoffensive popstars releasing very commercial music is a bit odd. If you don't think this is anywhere near an answer, you can look at the top selling albums of each year in the 2010s. Of ten possible top sellers, nine were white and were the likes of Adele, Taylor, Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran and Eminem. Drake was the only outlier.

Edited by swissman

4 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

DIL : 5M

B'day : 3.4M 

IASF : 3.3M

4: 1.6M

ST: 2.3M 

Lem: 2M 

Besides Taylor or Adele, no one had almost all albums selling over 2M. 

On 6/8/2022 at 6:00 PM, BOOMBAYAH said:

What’s weird about Beyoncé (or her fans, I guess) is that it’s not that she’s been on “break”, but that the projects she releases seemingly don’t connect with the general public. It’s always confusing to me when I see her fans and people on social media beg for a “comeback” when she has had a joint album, and also “The Gift” (which is basically just another Beyoncé album) alongside a documentary + film project for that. People act as if 2016 was the last time she was “active” a la Rihanna but she’s still very much a working musician lol. Hell she did an Oscars performance a few months ago for a new song, that again didn’t connect with people. I do think she is “over” when it comes to mainstream/GP success, unless something major like a divorce happens, but in terms of acclaim and awards I think she’ll always keep getting those. Her goddess persona is a double-edged sword, it’s made her appear like she’s above all + that equals anything she touches becoming acclaim and getting awards, but at the same time I think it has isolated general audiences.

100% spot on. 

She’ll definitely generate interest for her new album but I can’t see it smashing properly.

She’ll be good and able to tour stadiums anyway I guess. 

She just needs to reinvent herself again, which i think she's doing (if she's indeed making a house album).

4 wasn't a flop, but an underperformance for her standards... then she came back with ST and her career reached an even higher level. She needed that reinvention. Now she needs a new one and then she'll be fine again.

Obviously she doesn't need to prove anything to anybody, but i know Bey likes new challenges and just won't let up like this. She's coming with something big for sure.

10 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

That’s still low for Beyonce when Adele and Taylor were shipping boat loads literally. Didn’t 4 out do that up until that point? Beyonce might get lucky and sell that again, but I don’t think she’s gonna sell 3 million copies on future albums. Can’t see it. 

The amount of bullshit,lies and ignorance here :ace: