Can Beyonce rebound?

bocelli

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see it for her?

• Yes...shes Beyonce
    • No, shes absolutely over

Her latest projects didnt fare well, "The Gift" and her joint album with Jay-Z flopped, "The Lion King" is certified rotten on RT, she lost this year at the Oscars and the last time she got a hit was when she remixed a song that was already smashing. Can she have another hit era again or is it safe to say shes a nostalgia act now?

nayeon1.thumb.gif.a5950316ec7353617aed1b

Edited by bocelli

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• BnPac

• brenda-walsh

• Devin

I can't see her having a big hit again. She will obviously create buzz and receive acclaim with whatever she comes out with, but I think the GP has moved on from a Beyoncé world.

The problem is she's really alienated herself over the last decade and has made 0 effort to connect with newer audiences. Even older and more established acts like Madonna and Mariah have more social media presence and have songs that go viral on TikTok. :rip:

Edited by Daydream

Her last LP was a success, so rebound from what?

Just now, TheFameCurse said:

A LP from 2015.

7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I can't see her having a big hit again. She will obviously create buzz and receive acclaim with whatever she comes out with, but I think the GP has moved on from a Beyoncé world.

The problem is she's really alienated herself over the last decade and has made 0 effort to connect with newer audiences. Even older and more established acts like Madonna and Mariah have more social media presence and have songs that go viral on TikTok. :rip:

She's one of the most followed music artist in the world  :rip: 

She def has one more huge commercial album in her. She just needs to go back to her roots and stop trying to be so "woke" and "deep" also DROP JAY Z.

People want fun solo Beyonce back i.e. Savage slaying and going number one. If she brings fun Beyonce back she will slay EASILY. 

Edited by FreeXone

Divorce and Destiny's child reunion :heart:

1 minute ago, TheFameCurse said:

The inconvenience of going to Africa with her entire family for a few months to record “The Gift” to feel connected to the culture and documentarian that experience for a 2 hour special on top of giving every song a video for a Disney special makes it worthy of a LP.  :gaycat6:

I see her using Doja cat for a telepone-esque summer hit, then  being buried à la Joanne Germanotta into irrelevance 

her next album and tour will absolutely eclipse, but that’s a conversation for another time. the “Beyoncé is over” conversations have been going on for decades. every one of her solo projects have been a moment, just wait on it. and even if it’s not a massive commercial success, it’ll still be a moment. Look at HOMECOMING. Who else has that? 

• Thanks 1

Beyoncé is the only MPG selling out stadium tours aside from Taylor. She’ll be more than fine

3 minutes ago, Rican said:

The inconvenience of going to Africa with her entire family for a few months to record “The Gift” to feel connected to the culture and documentarian that experience for a 2 hour special on top of giving every song a video for a Disney special makes it worthy of a LP.  :gaycat6:

I think people are ready for more Bey. Her streams should be good if the music is, if it’s anything like 4, Beyoncé, or Lemonade, I have no doubt she will be fine. 

Next year it will be 5 years since she toured, the longest yet, so I think she will be good there too. 

Y’all say this before every one of her eras ?

Artists like Beyoncé don’t need to rebound, no one gets hits forever (especially woman) she has a legacy, her album will do fine, and her tour will be massive.  

Edited by Danny789

12 minutes ago, Rican said:

The inconvenience? :toofunny3: She's a billionaire and lives like royalty everywhere she goes.

Other people only wish they had the freedom to move continents and do whatever they wish. 

She will, but does she really need to? She's a legend. 

10 minutes ago, Shelter said:

I think people are ready for more Bey.

Did her Oscar song even chart? 

2 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Did her Oscar song even chart? 

No one asked for that, no vídeo, no promo until the Oscars, but it got an Oscar nom so I don’t see what’s funny. You tried 

I think she could do well if she released a good song. Something like sweet dreams or why don't you love me.

Lemonade was huge, she has nothing to rebound from.

I smell a reinvention, she will come up with something new.

It would be an overkill to do a another political or woke album. It’s not cool anymore.

What's there to rebound from? :gaycat6: Bey is, whether you like it or not, already in the leagues of the biggest legends. 

4 minutes ago, genio said:

What's there to rebound from? :gaycat6: Bey is, whether you like it or not, already in the leagues of the biggest legends. 

:clap3:

What’s weird about Beyoncé (or her fans, I guess) is that it’s not that she’s been on “break”, but that the projects she releases seemingly don’t connect with the general public. It’s always confusing to me when I see her fans and people on social media beg for a “comeback” when she has had a joint album, and also “The Gift” (which is basically just another Beyoncé album) alongside a documentary + film project for that. People act as if 2016 was the last time she was “active” a la Rihanna but she’s still very much a working musician lol. Hell she did an Oscars performance a few months ago for a new song, that again didn’t connect with people. I do think she is “over” when it comes to mainstream/GP success, unless something major like a divorce happens, but in terms of acclaim and awards I think she’ll always keep getting those. Her goddess persona is a double-edged sword, it’s made her appear like she’s above all + that equals anything she touches becoming acclaim and getting awards, but at the same time I think it has isolated general audiences.

• Haha 1