• supaspaz

• madonnas

• Reverie

• Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator

gUFYf6O.png

WILD WILD WEST

Average score: 5.68

High score: 8.5 (@supaspaz, @Invisibility@Ace Reject)

Low score: (@Norte)

Steel guitar meets hip-hop beats on this 30 bonus track, a kitschy saga about Adele’s marriage falling apart that catches the listener up with the events that inspired the album. The chorus is a halfway decent road trip itinerary for California.

Best bit: “Not that I care, I find God so hard to impress”

ATRL says...: “Maybe should have remained in the vault?” @BnPac wondered. @madonnas was excited by Adele’s geographic references. “Not her namedropping San Bernardino! Bonus points for a shoutout to the Inland Empire!” he said.

Ready for the HTE slaughter from all the 1s i gave :mandown:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Insanity said:

Ready for the HTE slaughter from all the 1s i gave :mandown:

Funny you should mention...

• ATRL Moderator

I love San Bernardino :heart2: the song sucks though  

• ATRL Moderator

dyDuDIg.png

HALLEY'S COMET

Average score: 5.88

High score: 10 (@Lucas32, @Quicksand)

Low score: (@Insanity, @creativity.)

The rare love song from Billie Eilish, who is growing so infatuated with a guy that she can’t sleep on this woozy slow burn from Happier Than Ever. In the second verse, Billie sings that the titular “Halley’s Comet,” visible from Earth about once every 75 years, “comes around more than I do.” But in spite of her better judgment, these feelings are making her change her ways, and by the outro, which breaks into an unexpected waltz, she admits she “might have fallen in love.”

Best bit: “But in my dreams, I seem to be more honest/And I must admit you've been in quite a few”

ATRL says...: You much prefer your Billie dark and twisted. @creativity. called it “so, so dreadful,” while @madonnas found it “boring. The outro makes it a little better, but just a little.

I think Hold On is middle of the road for 30. I actually dig the overly earnest, saccharine approach, but then again I loved Rainbow by Kesha so sometimes that angle works for me

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, madonnas said:

I love San Bernardino :heart2: the song sucks though  

The song is better than Modesto but not as good as San Diego.

Wait how the hell are I Drink Urine and Stab Your Eyes Out still here :deadbanana4:

Yeah this is fine too. The last part of the song is the best and it's good in the context of the album, but I'm not mad about it leaving before other songs.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

I think Hold On is middle of the road for 30. I actually dig the overly earnest, saccharine approach, but then again I loved Rainbow by Kesha so sometimes that angle works for me

"Praying" was excellent, but I honestly have no recollection of anything else from that album.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Invisibility said:

Wait how the hell are I Drink Urine and Stab Your Eyes Out still here :deadbanana4:

Nooooo these nicknames

• ATRL Moderator

Oh, I forgot some exciting news! First Japanese Breakfast elimination next.

2 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

:deadbanana4:

How dare you

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

Oh, I forgot some exciting news! First Japanese Breakfast elimination next.

I completely forgot that album was in this rate :skull:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, creativity. said:

I completely forgot that album was in this rate :skull:

PLEASE

• ATRL Moderator

LtzuT0s.png

SAVAGE GOOD BOY

Average score: 6.10

High score: 10 (@Born to Run)

Low score: (@ultraviolence.xx@creativity.)

The first track eliminated from Jubilee is this sunny yet biting satire of income inequality, sung from the perspective of an oblivious billionaire wooing a young woman by inviting her to ride out the apocalypse with him in his bunker. Serving as the album’s third single, its music video features The Sopranos star Michael Imperioli as the “Savage Good Boy,” who dies at the end in an act of vampirism by Japanese Breakfast frontwoman Michelle Zauner.

Best bit: “And when the city's underwater/I will wine and dine you in the hollows/On a surplus of freeze-dried food”

ATRL says...: “My sister said this is her dog’s theme song,” @madonnas shared. @creativity. dubbed it “mercifully short.”

• ATRL Moderator

So that finally takes us above a 6 average. And I guess "Savage Good Boy" is the first single eliminated. Lots of major developments all at once!

Aw I like that one. But I'm not mad at it being out I guess. Most people probably heard the weird vocal stuff in the intro/outro and rated it lower :laugh:

• ATRL Moderator

Wait, I'm upset about this next elimination. How dare you all. Let me say that preemptively.

Well even the demonic chipmunk intro and the Elon Musk boner that the whole concept of the song entails, are better than the struggle vocals and nothingness of Sit. Won't lose sleep over this one nonetheless!

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

Well even the demonic chipmunk intro and the Elon Musk boner that the whole concept of the song entails, are better than the struggle vocals and nothingness of Sit. Won't lose sleep over this one nonetheless!

Well, just "Sit" tight then. It won't be long!

• ATRL Moderator

Bumping this to the top of the next page because it's what the song deserves

• ATRL Moderator

#Justice4FavoriteCrime

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.