Texas GOP trying to illegalize all ages drag shows

Arthoe

On 6/6/2022 at 3:59 PM, Raver said:

Ok but the drag show that prompted the filing of this legislation literally had a drag Queen with her legs wide open 

Say what you want but that is not appropriate :sorry:

Who told these people to bring their little ass kids. Just cuz it's allowed doesnt mean you should! 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Communion

• Raver

• ShouldersSideways

Not Mrs. Doubtfire getting dragged into this. :rip: 

7 hours ago, Antonini said:

Who told these people to bring their little ass kids. Just cuz it's allowed doesnt mean you should! 

This video is not from the event, for the millionth time :ace:

It was a daytime drag brunch for families. Why would it be controversial to take kids to that :rip:

On 6/6/2022 at 6:59 PM, Raver said:

Ok but the drag show that prompted the filing of this legislation literally had a drag Queen with her legs wide open 

Say what you want but that is not appropriate :sorry:

Except, this wasn't at the kids' show, this was at their regular adults-only show that happened later that night. It's literally on the bar's Instagram page. :rip: Congrats on falling for right-wing propaganda.

Seeing progressives cheer on the Democrats' demise when Democrats losing will result in a full abortion ban, gay marriage ban, drag queen ban, and transgender ban, is probably one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen within politics. 

The way in the UK, men dressing in drag for shows is kinda normal here, their called pantomimes and enjoyed by a whole range of people 

Edited by Gwendolyn

4 hours ago, Bang Up said:

Except, this wasn't at the kids' show, this was at their regular adults-only show that happened later that night. It's literally on the bar's Instagram page. :rip: Congrats on falling for right-wing propaganda.

Seeing progressives cheer on the Democrats' demise when Democrats losing will result in a full abortion ban, gay marriage ban, drag queen ban, and transgender ban, is probably one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen within politics. 

The people you're quoting are not progressives but centrist Biden supporters. :skull:

To stop the epidemic of kids seeing drag, the reactionary right and centrists MUST support abortion rights. We need to lessen the amount of kids available.

8 hours ago, Headlock said:

This video is not from the event, for the millionth time :ace:

It was a daytime drag brunch for families. Why would it be controversial to take kids to that :rip:

I still don't even really see the problem with that video anyway tbh :rip: It's like PG-13 at best and they've seen "worse" at halftime shows or award shows

Edited by ShouldersSideways

I feel like a lot of these people are just mad that they can't exactly take their family of 15 out or don't even have kids.. I'm just not seeing the issue here. At the end of the day it was the parents choice to take THEIR kids here. If they saw nothing wrong then why the **** do you care?

7 hours ago, Bang Up said:

Really makes you wonder - if all these inappropriate shows happen in the presence of minors, why do these lunatics always have to resort to posting lies?

Drag Queens aren't inherently sexual and the possibility of individual inappropriate shows aren't a reason for banning all of them.

But of course the aim here is to enforce heteronormative values onto children, in the hopes that keeping them away from any sort of queer identity will keep them "normal". Anyone in the LGBT+ community who thinks they can safely get behind this is ignorant of the fact that the same justifications and reasoning have been, are and will be used to discriminate against them as well by the same people. Don't think you can join in with the bigotry without repercussions - crying "think of the children" over nonexistent issues is a universal bludgeon against all queer identities and any gay person rallying behind them is shortsighted as hell and has forgotten that the exact same people said the same thing about them not 15 years ago.

Edited by Lucas32

Why would parents want to take their children to drag shows?

To be fair, neither side of the aisle does enough to protect the wellbeing of children in the first place.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:07 AM, Aristide said:

Why would parents want to take their children to drag shows?

Because it's fun? It's like taking a child to any show :rip:

Edited by Headlock

On 6/9/2022 at 3:19 AM, Aristide said:

To be fair, neither side of the aisle does enough to protect the wellbeing of children in the first place.

Why do children need to be protected from drag?

6 hours ago, Headlock said:

Because it's fun? It's like taking a child to any show :rip:

Oh. It's just whenever I see clips of drag shows, the audience is made up of adults only, so I just assume not it's not really a "family" event.

Edited by Aristide

1 hour ago, Aristide said:

Oh. It's just whenever I see clips of drag shows, the audience is made up of adults only, so I just assume not it's not really a "family" event.

A family drag show is obviously a family event :rip:

Drag is not inherently only for adults. It's literally people dressing up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.