Texas GOP trying to illegalize all ages drag shows

Arthoe

Elementary schoolers are literally getting shot like they're cans at a gun range in Texas but yes, a state wide prohibition for minors to interact with drag queens will solve all the problems. :cm:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Communion

• Raver

• ShouldersSideways

In the presence of minors?

I support it :cm:

5 minutes ago, arceus said:

You realize they're gonna call you a pedophile no matter how much you'll grovel for their far-right acceptance, right? Have some self-respect. This is embarrassing and no one finds an edgy forum persona entertaining in 2022. 

Edited by Communion

3mfd4ssxpfy81.jpg?auto=webp&s=874ac54f93

f179nxbp85ry.jpg?auto=webp&s=f2583354462

8e608fb1ce5fa891004651a26e541951.jpg

621523_10151868153996777_1414878300_o.jp

can we ban this too?

What are the news stories and videos that the press release references? I'd like to see them.

Regardless, this is clearly just another attempt to demonise drag performers, and by extension LGBT folk, by making them seem like paedohiles who are determined to expose children to sexual material. 

I agree that drag shows as a whole really aren't a place for minors but the Texas GOP and the bigots who will likely support this bill are not the right ones to enforce this

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

You realize they're gonna call you a pedophile no matter how much you'll grovel for their far-right acceptance, right? Have some self-respect. This is embarrassing and no one finds an edgy forum persona entertaining in 2022. 

it's a troll henny

3 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

can we ban this too?

like :ahh:

6 minutes ago, arceus said:

If the ultimate conservative pipe dream does comes true, and they put all the queers into extermination camps, you're still gonna be in there henny. They're still gonna call you a pedo and spit in your face, no matter how much you try to troll and pander to them. :cm: 

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

:heart: 

3 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

can we ban this too?

exactly

Kids shouldn't be around the explicit drag shows, obviously, but there's no issues with them being around them period. to kids, drag is like a clown show. 

I agree that minors should not be allowed at drag shows or places like hooters but this is literally one of Texas' last problems to solve atm

Edited by bidet

Children should not be at drag shows 

Sometimes I think they pull these tricks to distract people from the gun laws.

18 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

But democrats are the same!!11!

i mean, using Pride Month to honor the evil homophobic Nancy Reagan is kinda… well, yeah…

That plus the fact that Democrats are literally abandoning LGBTQ community as casualties of the culture war that they are losing on purpose, all to focus on “kitchen table issues” that they are also failing miserably to have a positive message on. With friends like these, honestly, who needs enemies? :michael:

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

can we ban this too?

Of course not, only us faguettes are perverting america/the world in their eyes 

39 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

i mean, using Pride Month to honor the evil homophobic Nancy Reagan is kinda… well, yeah…

That plus the fact that Democrats are literally abandoning LGBTQ community as casualties of the culture war that they are losing on purpose, all to focus on “kitchen table issues” that they are also failing miserably to have a positive message on. With friends like these, honestly, who needs enemies? :michael:

PREACH :clap3:

Don’t they have more important things to do? Like didn’t they just have a mass shooting that is currently making national coverage. Leave that decision to parents. I mean I don’t know what parent takes kids to a show or place for adult audiences. But Just take them to McDonald’s or IHOP. Problem solved. 

The fact this is all because of this gay club here in Dallas hosting an all ages drag show :rip: 

Texas needs to sink into the desert at this point

2 hours ago, arceus said:

Right… you wanna give Mrs Doubtfire an X rating?

Drag CAN be child friendly… just like any other kind of comedy.

1 hour ago, Raver said:

Children should not be at drag shows 

Plenty of restaurants in my area have brunch drag shows and the kids love them. They clearly aren't up there doing the splits and simulating oral sex at 12pm.

This website is so backwards sometimes. 

Shame on ANY queer person perpetuating these alt right talking points that WILL eventually start to come after the “regular” gays when all said and done…

So embarrassing - particularly in a queer friendly space like here.

5 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Plenty of restaurants in my area have brunch drag shows and the kids love them. They clearly aren't up there doing the splits and simulating oral sex at 12pm.

This website is so backwards sometimes. 

Ok but the drag show that prompted the filing of this legislation literally had a drag Queen with her legs wide open 

Say what you want but that is not appropriate :sorry:

3 minutes ago, Raver said:

Ok but the drag show that prompted the filing of this legislation literally had a drag Queen with her legs wide open 

Say what you want but that is not appropriate :sorry:

That's literally from the next day. AKA why there are no children in the audience. Please stop being a useful idiot for bigots. You can't be both ignorant and easily duped. Pick a struggle and stop hating that God made you gay. :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.