Uvalde, TX School Massacre

Espresso

2 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yes his mother, a chill just went down my spine.

If Biden doesn't do an executive order on guns which he claims to care about it's over forever.

what exactly will an executive order do, with a "basically" republican senate and a republican court :rip: the girls are acting as if this is a brand new crisis - Columbine happened , we're still here 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

• khalyan

Just now, infrared said:

what exactly will an executive order do, with a "basically" republican senate and a republican court :rip: the girls are acting as if this is a brand new crisis - Columbine happened , we're still here 

The majority of whom now are young so nothing will change for at least the next two generations, at a minimum. In fact I'll say, my lifetime.

Guns and concealed carry weapons will still be banned inside the Supreme Court building by the way. In case anyone's keeping a tally on hypocrisy.

I'll be honest, reading the title didn't phase me/ shock me. Just another school shooting in the US. Just another senseless loss of life...

my prayers go to all these children's families. I pray they can be given comfort somehow.

I just can't believe Democrats and Republicans can't band together on this issue - helping stop the murder of innocents. Amend the constitution if you have to! Individuals should not own firearms and if they do, they should be licensed and trained with regular checks required to ensure safety and compliance. USA is out of control and has been for far too long.

The fact that the cualities were for the most part kids, this beyond sad, this motherfucker has ruined 15 families and marked for life some others who witnessed this massacre. It's ridiculous how US is basically the country who deals with these kind of things almost daily, the last big shooting was like 1 week ago or so and it's even worse than nothing gets done about it. Sad really, really sad.

Why has this become the new normal in America? Aren't democrats against this?

Thankful at the moment that my mom didn't get into the US and had to immigrate to Canada instead. 

Stop with this mess of anyone can buy guns already, EXTENSIVE background checks, including the risk of violence should be performed before someone is allowed to buy a weapon, yes people will say people can buy the weapons illegal, but most of the times these shooters seem to have bought their weapon legally

4 minutes ago, Tropical said:

I just can't believe Democrats and Republicans can't band together on this issue - helping stop the murder of innocents. Amend the constitution if you have to! Individuals should not own firearms and if they do, they should be licensed and trained with regular checks required to ensure safety and compliance. USA is out of control and has been for far too long.

That will never happen. Ever. The NRA has gigantic lobbying power over congress, and gun control is (unfortunately) not popular among the US public, even though horrific crimes like this continue to happen annually. 

Our country is sick in so many ways, from corruption to a stupid and reactionary public 

Thinking Of You

Gun control needs to be put into place immediately. There is no reason as to why someone should be able to purchase or carry an assault rifle, or a gun in general. There needs to be heavy moderation for illegal purchases at all times after a control or a ban is implemented. This is absolutely ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, Tropical said:

don't blame Dems, they actually want to enact gun reform legislation. It's all Republicans.

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

don't blame Dems, they actually want to enact gun reform legislation. It's all Republicans.

Aren't Democrats majority? Isn't the president democrat? This stale excuse is old

3 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

Aren't Democrats majority? Isn't the president democrat? This stale excuse is old

but of you knew anything about American government you'd know that to pass legislation in the Senate, you need 60 votes. Dems have 50. Just acknowledging the current reality, not saying I agree with it. 

4 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

Google: “the senate filibuster”.

This isn’t to defend Dems, they suck and are weak as a party, but there was a bill in 2013 that was created to at least get started on tackling this issue, and it was….filibustered. 

3 minutes ago, hardbrit said:

I don't think you understand how the senate and house voting works.

Republicans voted against the gun bill. And for it to pass a majority of votes is needed.

Republicans like to ***** about problems, but they vote agains the solutions.

Any more information about the shooter? And what the motive was?

It's going to take both gun control and rigorous mental health work to prevent these things in the future. This was another 18yo guy shooter. I don't believe anyone is born with hate like this, it has to be influenced somehow. And those influence(r)s need to be identified and eradicated from everywhere.

Unfortunately this is only the beginning of America's very violent demise - after hundreds of years of violence to gain its power.  

Thinking Of You

Of course delusional Republicans are focusing on him being non-white, as if his actions weren't inspired and influenced solely by the white men who have created and predominantly continue to do mass shootings. Please...

1 minute ago, publikcitizen said:

Any more information about the shooter? And what the motive was?

Doesn’t sound premeditated atm, but we’ll learn more with time. 

I don't even know what to say anymore. 

May their memories be a blessing.

The insanity to act as though this is a normal thimg to happen in a country, time and time again. 

And so begins another cycle of thoughts and prayers, but no action. School shootings are as uniquely American as apple pie and the star spangled banner. Other countries have this figured out and do not see this play out over and over. People are willing to wage a culture war over saving a fetus’ life but won’t do a single thing to protect a child once it’s born.

These families that have lost their children will have to mourn and grieve as they watch nothing change, see that no lessons will be learned, and find that everyone who prayed for them wasn’t willing to do what was right to honor the memory of the lost: help prevent more from having to be lost with them. Enough is enough and it’s been enough for quite some time. But when is the so called “greatest country in the world” going to step in and make this end?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.