Taylor: The internet cancelled me and I nearly lost my career

_Fey

MadonnasBoyfriend

She's right and she should say it. Let's let women tell their stories themselves.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• byzantium

• wastedpotential

• State of Grace.

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, fentypark said:

cancelled is a word that was used on BLACK twitter as a joke for people in OUR community when they did something outrageous or egregious. it’s clear as day taylor (and any of the other white people who use it) doesn’t know the true meaning of the word and when it should be used (like when y’all be up here tryna talk in AAVE and never make any sense :rip:) . **** outta here… you tryna defend something without full context. she’s RIGHTFULLY getting dragged. :celestial5:

The term is has been extremely widespread for years at this point.  Language evolves. 

Also get out of here with that "without full context" Sh*t.  YOU are condemning her without listening to the whole speech.  

23 minutes ago, Protocol said:

We the jury find Taylor Allison Swoft guilty of harbouring a delusional victim complex born out of extreme privilege and lack of basic life coping skills. She has never known anything but being absurdly successful and beloved since she was a teenager so anything less feels like the end of the world. We sentence her to come back down to Earth and daily fibre supplements to help with the stick up her ass.

This is sadly true.

I love Taylor, but she comes from a position of privilege that heightens her victimhood mentality whenever she receives any type of criticism. She did experience unnecessary backlash after 1989 and she had every right to be upset about it, but she was no where near cancelled :rip: That to me shows how sensitive she is to any type of criticism that unfortunately comes with the territory of being a celebrity. 

I also can’t help but notice her lack of empathy towards others. If the backlash she experienced during that time had such a severe toll on her mental state, wouldn’t you assume she would be more compassionate towards the people  her fans aggressively harass  on her expense? Taylor experienced the intense hate first hand, so it’s disappointing to see her lack of action whenever her army of followers harass someone whether it’s an ex from a decade ago, or a new actress that made a silly joke about her on a TV show.

Now cmon..lets not act like there wasnt a big ass movement against her

A LOT of ppl were against here..celebrities of big stature

however, she did prove that u cant rly just look at the internet for the big picture

since she continued to sell

Not you hypocrites pretending 2016 never happened :rip:

The woman was literally dragged to hell and back for the most stupid reasons, but in the end she had the strength to get her sh*t together and twist the narrative in her favor, no wonder y'all are mad.

Lrgi8Kw.gif

Edited by gustavothehuman

3 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

There really is no other celebrity out there nowadays that could say one sentence and cause this much of a reaction from the terminally online gheys of ATRL. She truly is still the moment.

her tweeting that she indeed writes own songs got to 60 pages of oth meltdowns :gaylorcat1:.

How far would this one go :bunny2:

Snakegate was pure evil. 

This woman did NOTHING and they decided to team up and destroy her for fun. 

SO glad it backfired and queen ended up victorious. 

I’m sure in her mind looking at all those insults and thousands of people telling her bad things every day made her feel like that. Maybe for us it was something that didn’t seem heavy because we were just aware of her big numbers and the outside 

1 minute ago, bestfiction said:

for me it's the endless psychoanalysis "she's a narcissist!!!" as if the person who staged the whole snakegate isn't throwing tantrums every other week :bibliahh:

Righhht fff :deadbanana:

I love the way she makes them so angry.

FTDauxqUAAAx0qQ?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

I'm old enough to remember the ATRL narrative in 2016 was that Kimye "ended her" and that her next album would flop because everyone now hated her, interesting how that's been completely memory holed

This.

the users in here angrily defending this :rip: touch grass

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

The term is has been extremely widespread for years at this point.  Language evolves. 

Also get out of here with that "without full context" Sh*t.  YOU are condemning her without listening to the whole speech.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/cancel-culture-background-black-culture-white-grievance/2021/04/01/2e42e4fe-8b24-11eb-aff6-4f720ca2d479_story.html

read and FUME hoe! :celestial5:

She’s so extremely privileged that something as feeble as Internet backlash on a drama with a fellow celebrity narcissist is the ultimate threat and life trauma to her.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

She’s so extremely privileged that something as feeble as Internet backlash on a drama with a fellow celebrity narcissist is the ultimate threat and life trauma to her.

No one ever said that.  It is just sexual assault makes for a worse setup of a joke.  

She would not have been dragged if she told the truth about talking with Kanye before the release. If she had mentioned that nobody would cancel her.

8 minutes ago, byzantium said:

:clap3:

1 hour ago, Young Volcanoes said:

She's the personification of evil, narcissism and an eternal victim complex. The Internet should cancel her for real.

:clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

This thread proving her point :rip:

1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

I'm old enough to remember the ATRL narrative in 2016 was that Kimye "ended her" and that her next album would flop because everyone now hated her, interesting how that's been completely memory holed

:cm:

I wish she were cancelled. Her music is just not it. :hoetenks: 

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I'm not the one livid over a commencement speech.  Die mad sis.  :)

baby a white woman could NEVER get me riled up :rip:

1. she looks dumb for saying it

2. you look dumb for defending it 

3. the internet is rightfully eating her up

for what reason would i be mad? like let’s be realistic here

and KIIIII @ that article having you switch like a sissy :bibliahh: