Taylor: The internet cancelled me and I nearly lost my career

_Fey

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

Love her but the dramatics, she received backlash but she wasn't anywhere near to be cancelled :rip: 

This lol

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• byzantium

• wastedpotential

• State of Grace.

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

most celebrities are narcissist but this girl makes it so obvious :toofunny2:

Oh ATRL, never change. 

OT: Yes, Taylor Swift was one of the first high-profile online "cancellations" that this generation saw. After the Kim/Kanye phonecall mess, the pile-ons of other celebrities and fan groups, the absolute celebrations all over twitter, instagram, reddit, and Facebook about how they had finally "got her", the huge media coverage, the Millions of tweets, the #TaylorSwiftIsOverParty burning on for weeks, actual news coverage, death threats, and celebrations of her "death" were immense. You all deny it now because she did such a great job of turning the tide after re-emerging the next year and building herself back up over the next few years. It did seem like she would never see the same level of success again for a good year. Not many could have came back from the intense hate train. I'd bet good money that the ones denying it now were the ones fuelling it back then. Do what y'all need to to cope and spend your sad lives.

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

Typical white woman behavior. Please come up with something else.

pretty much 

ot: so this is whats killing the server :bibliahh:

57 minutes ago, May said:

why are y’all acting stupid :rip: the hate train for her during 1989 was very much present

ppl came at her for literally everything

Yes, the giant “hate train” while she was having one of the most successful albums of the 21st Century :rip: soo “cancelled”

6 minutes ago, fentypark said:

this is why white people need to stop trying to co-opt terms that black twitter uses bc wtf is this? :toofunny3:

The way you are in here trying to make this about race somehow.  

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Yes, the giant “hate train” while she was having one of the most successful albums of the 21st Century :rip: soo “cancelled”

She's moved on.  Why can't you? 

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

Truly bizarre.:ace:

OT: Taylor has barely even done anything in 6 months and OTHs are still pressed at her :jonnycat:

51 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Oh how will she ever recover from a mural? Cries in her million dollar tears and NYC houses :cries:

She totally recovered but looks like her obsessed haters still struggle after all these years :cries:

5 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

most celebrities are narcissist but this girl makes it so obvious :toofunny2:

637aab6c2827c7d030a89a683b70214f.thumb.j

17 minutes ago, hungrymuffin said:

telling her to move on while you guys are perched at every possibility of her downfall why dont you guys move on from hating her instead:ahh:

she was the victim in the first place when she didnt lie and years later the truth came out and you oths were saying just move on:deadbanana4: 

:giraffe:

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

She's moved on.  Why can't you? 

That user does it in every thread. Their way of baiting methinks

Edited by Taeyong

No matter what narrative the OTHs here and elsewhere want to spin, Taylor is and will continue to keep winning here, and I CAN stand it 

7 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Oh ATRL, never change. 

OT: Yes, Taylor Swift was one of the first high-profile online "cancellations" that this generation saw. After the Kim/Kanye phonecall mess, the pile-ons of other celebrities and fan groups, the absolute celebrations all over twitter, instagram, reddit, and Facebook about how they had finally "got her", the huge media coverage, the Millions of tweets, the #TaylorSwiftIsOverParty burning on for weeks, actual news coverage, death threats, and celebrations of her "death" were immense. You all deny it now because she did such a great job of turning the tide after re-emerging the next year and building herself back up over the next few years. It did seem like she would never see the same level of success again for a good year. Not many could have came back from the intense hate train. I'd bet good money that the ones denying it now were the ones fuelling it back then. Do what y'all need to to cope and spend your sad lives.

Is that you Taylor? 

There really is no other celebrity out there nowadays that could say one sentence and cause this much of a reaction from the terminally online gheys of ATRL. She truly is still the moment.

After being on top of the world w 1989 I remember everyone talking about how Reputa and Lover were underselling and driving the hate train into oblivion over every little thing she did. It wasn’t enough for the misogyny to be going strong but now you b*****s wanna gaslight too. Not cute

It's funny how people can be so brave behind a keyboard saying "just get over it" and "she's so dramatic" when the whole world was turning on her and saying nasty things about her. Some of y'all can't even take heat on here without fumming let alone have a hashtag about how you're over trending for more than a week. 

its the way that the SAME people who were celebrating her cancellation back in 2016 are now saying it was nothing!!! always the victim!!!! for me :dies: 

A simple joke like this getting yall THIS worked up. Her power scares me. :dies: 

Edited by State of Grace.

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

This is such an out of proportion response, even from ATRL, a place I expect wild responses from :gaycat6:

Is it jealousy? Most of the OTH in here are arianators, hive, navys, or katycats that I know are just LIVID that Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna, and Katy will probably never be getting an honorary doctorate from NYU or the chance to deliver a commencement address like this

surprised there aren't more monsters in this thread tbh:deadbanana4:

Don't mean to be rude but no one cares about these fake PhDs. Ellie Goulding has one and literally no one knows/cares :rip:

The most embarrassing speech by a "Dr." ever. 

Well the horsegirls will think this was deep and personal. "I drink wine haha and people were mean to me, I'm a victim!" 

1 minute ago, Rodrighost said:

Don't mean to be rude but no one cares about these fake PhDs. Ellie Goulding has one and literally no one knows/cares :rip:

OTHs seem to really be bothered by it somehow though.  

6 minutes ago, byzantium said:

cancelled is a word that was used on BLACK twitter as a joke for people in OUR community when they did something outrageous or egregious. it’s clear as day taylor (and any of the other white people who use it) doesn’t know the true meaning of the word and when it should be used (like when y’all be up here tryna talk in AAVE and never make any sense :rip:) . **** outta here… you tryna defend something without full context. she’s RIGHTFULLY getting dragged. :celestial5:

She got dragged hard after Kim leaked very bias snippets of her phone call with Kanye. ATRL were vicious to her for months, it was also around the same time the Hiddleswift mess and ugly hair was happening so she was being dragged for that too.

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

its the way that the SAME people who were celebrating her cancellation back in 2016 are not saying it was nothing!!! always the victim!!!! for me :dies: 

A simple joke like this getting yall THIS worked up. Her power scares me. :dies: 

for me it's the endless psychoanalysis "she's a narcissist!!!" as if the person who staged the whole snakegate isn't throwing tantrums every other week :bibliahh: