Drag Race Fatigue 2: RuVenge of the Subtitles, The 2023 RuGirls Rate [Drag Race PH]

genetic fail

Barely watched this season but the payola is apparent even to me :rip: 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• madonnas

• #1Pokpaker

The overreaction in here.

PPN won the finale episode. She was the only one who brought showstopping gowns to the runway and had two solid final lip syncs.

Marina won the season with her track record.

On 10/13/2022 at 12:28 AM, Nikko said:

Crunchy season altogether, from the sound mixing to the editing to Rajo and Mama Pao

no thanks. all of the quirks is what made this season great (best season since UK2), if you want another soulless overproduced season with boring robot judges go watch the latest UK season or the last 5 US seasons. 

precious won the finale, I understand the frustration seeing as marina had the better arc - proves that the LSFTC actually mattered here.

Just noticed how Xilo is well-received in other countries but filipinos are so divided when it comes to her :jonny5:

21 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

Just noticed how Xilo is well-received in other countries but filipinos are so divided when it comes to her :jonny5:

Most are probably not accustomed to Xilo's approach to the competition where she just doesn't give a f and says what she wants to say without sugarcoating it. Was kinda shook when people hated her cuz I expected them to like her cuz she reminded me of the queens from old Drag Race seasons. hope we get to see her on TV again

Edited by #1Pokpaker

1 hour ago, Shendelzare said:

That's because Filipinos are so vanilla and want someone cookie-cutter to represent us but international fans love DRAMA and Xilhouette gave us all that and more!

1 hour ago, keerbyriri said:

no thanks. all of the quirks is what made this season great (best season since UK2), if you want another soulless overproduced season with boring robot judges go watch the latest UK season or the last 5 US seasons. 

precious won the finale, I understand the frustration seeing as marina had the better arc - proves that the LSFTC actually mattered here.

This. It's only the Filipino fans who are hypercritical of the show and its technical aspects but the international audience doesn't seem to mind. The first seasons of US, Canada and UK weren't all that polished either but there's always room for improvement. The authenticity and talent of the queens is what really matter and the girls definitely delivered that :heart:

Is there a big enough pool of drag queens in the Philippines to warrant a season 2? Or is season 1’s cast the crème de la crème of what the country has to offer?

Well ...

1. Eva didn't belong in the final . Minty should have been there 

2. Marina and Xi were carrying the entire season , they should have been the top2 

BUT based on the lipsyncs , PP was better than Eva AND Marina so the decision was correct 

39 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

Is there a big enough pool of drag queens in the Philippines to warrant a season 2? Or is season 1’s cast the crème de la crème of what the country has to offer?

Absolutely! The scene is starting to get bigger here as well so I'm sure a lot of drag babies will be popping up as well. Some queens I'd like to see in season 2:

(she'll be in QOTU2)

3 hours ago, Shendelzare said:

I will never forget her “I got 4 consecutive great reviews, when will others?” commentary on the runway 

4 hours ago, keerbyriri said:

no thanks. all of the quirks is what made this season great (best season since UK2), if you want another soulless overproduced season with boring robot judges go watch the latest UK season or the last 5 US seasons 

The season was rough though, not Italy or DU1 rough, but still hard to get through. The episodes were SO long, camera work was terrible in the werk room and I had to skip most of Mama Pao, she came off very awkward most of the time despite showing potential in the first two episodes. I’m just saying I wouldn’t rewatch the season. The cast and challenges were ok.

The Xilhouette montage in the finale was so iconic :jonny:

I can’t believe xihlo didn’t win lmao she was getting winner edit all season 

10 hours ago, Shendelzare said:

Yes po kung iniisip nila yon Mama Pao yes po think again kasi ako pa lang po yung nakaapat ngayon na may magandang reviews for 4 consecutive weeks po kasi feeling ko po they're underestimating the fact that I don't do drag every week every Friday or Saturday I'm not a performer like the other girls but there's something that sets me aside it's my story it is something that i want to tell that is profound than just drag itself not just visually but emotionally physically and mentally that sets me aside.

Iconic.

@Hephaestus how are you doing sis? :sistrens:

Precious won the first lipsync and Marina's win in her lipsync was the best performance all night,  a star :jonny4:

The final lipsync was nearly equal but PPN did give a bit more effort in her dancing and the final rainbow banner was a nice touch. She wasn't my personal choice of a winner but I can see why she won based on the finale. 

uh what a stupid decision xilo or marina should have won

the payola was real with precoius all the season and all the nectar connection mentioning

xilo marina minty and even brigidingdingding is more memorable than the actual winner 

what a waste ending of a great season:doc:

Congrats to Precious! That was a super fun season, so I hope they get renewed :clap3:

Now the finale...

I didn't love how they basically copied the US format, but on the regular stage. It felt a little awkward and weird.

The runways were super fun! Marina and Precious really ate theirs, but everyone had some cute moments.

The lipsyncs were SUPER fun actually!

Precious definitely won hers and Marina DEVOURED Xilhouette in the second, so I think the Top2 was deserved.

The final lipsync was amazing and super close. As a Marina stan, I do think Precious did a lil better.

Precious winning... I mean, it was obvious from the edit for quite some time, at least imo. 

I'm not mad, cause she did slay the finale, but idk if it was enough to put her above Marina (who also was amazing this episode).

I hope Marina gets to do an All Stars/VS season and KILL IT, cause she's a star :alexz: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.