Reuters: Twitter to sell itself to Elon Musk

Cloröx

14 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Okay and I can’t seem to care.  I’ll still be using Twitter.

FYI he hates Tr**p so I wouldn’t start freaking out that public enemy #1 is coming back.  

Where did he say he hated Trump?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stan.killah

• Bloo

• Espresso

• Domination

3 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Him: I am NOT gonna give $6B to end World Hunger since I dont believe it will

UN: Gives him proof that it actually Will

Him: Buys Twitter for $45B instead

Trash

:deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Trash

He gave almost $6 billion for that earlier this year :swan:

22 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Can someone explain why are people mad about this? Did he claim he has villainous plans for the platform? Just please tell my why with proofs please. 

He's stated several times that he wants to "allow free speech" once he buys Twitter which could likely mean the return of Trump on the platform, more spread of misinformation/fake news. and people will basically be allowed to spread bigotry & hate with no real consequences.

Twitter was always bad but with this it'll become worse. 

Edited by Billionaire

3 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

He gave almost $6 billion for that earlier this year :swan:

He did?

good

hopefully he stop throwing fits over stuff like paying his taxes again

Edited by Rev8

He really just came out of nowhere a few weeks ago with goal of buying the most relevant social media in the world and actually did it. :rip: 

Love it or hate it, can't deny the guy's a legend. This is for the history books.

10 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Trash

In all seriousness

Just deactivated my account after 11+ years :clap3:

I wish nothing but the worst for Elon Musk. Truly one of the worst people to ever exist. Hoping for a slow and painful de.... demise of Twitter now. For him.

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

He does not hate trump ?

he has a huge right wing following. Why do you think they’d r praising him today for buying it? They know he’s going to let them spread the Qanon crap all day

2 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Where did he say he hated Trump?

He publicly said Tr**p has bad character and doesn’t reflect well on the US, did not vote for him in both elections, and left an advisory board because of Tr**p policies.  The only time he was ever nice to him was when the disgraced former president tweeted something about Tesla being forced to adhere to COVID restrictions during the start of the pandemic and Elon was in his “COVID isn’t that bad!!!” era.  

Elon ONLY has right wing followers because he has many libertarian views, but has shown time and time again that he does not actually vote for Republicans.  They stupidly think his vague advocacy for free speech = return of Q Anon and Trump.  

Watch twitter become a social media for fringe alt right groups. The gheys need a new place!

1 hour ago, slik said:

People acting like Elon is some demon:

* Has offered before to end world hunger

Sis.... :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, slik said:

* Very against market manipulation and short selling stocks, an extremely shady and morally corrupt practice by some hedge funds on Wall Street.

:bibliahh::bibliahh:

57 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Trash

The proof that was given was not any indication that world hunger would end, but rather what $6B “could do” because the reality is is that no amount of money will end world hunger and the UN’s claim otherwise was just a dumbass to say. As long as there is capitalist greed from countries, corporations, and dictators, there will always be world hunger. Period.

Hope he can promote grimez :jonny6:

So now most of our social media is controlled by Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg and China (TikTok).

Doesn't that sound like freedom to you?

Yay. No more Kpop spam trending every day! :clap3:

1 hour ago, RunUpDoneUp said:

Only the most braindead of posters will cheer on a billionaire flexing their exorbitant wealth and acquiring a PUBLIC SQUARE of discourse. Actual brainworms.

No offense but Twitter is not a public service nor as it ever acted like one. Also, Twitter is not a beacon of discourse. It, like Facebook, is largely harmful to democracy and will probably to continue to be post-privatization.

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I think people have rightful concerns given his personality. I view him as a Trump-like lunatic and I know many others do as well. You may disagree with that characterization and that’s fine. We can have a discussion about that and we probably disagree on that front. That’s fine. But, how would you feel if the Trump Organization purchased Twitter? Probably not too well if my memory serves me right regarding your feelings towards Trump. So that’s why people have issue. I think someone like Elon Musk acquiring Twitter and making it a private company is a pretty horrific scenario. Of course, we can only know for sure with time. But with his habit of over-promising and under-delivering, among other personal issues, I don’t think there’s much reason to think Elon Musk is going to improve the issues with Twitter. I think he’s going to exacerbate the issues that exist and make it an even worse experience.

I don’t know if he would let Trump back. He build a right wing following the last couple years. After leftists started attacking him for his wealth growth during the pandemic and his covid measures too. So he started fighting back and right wingers follow anything that questions the left.

Elon was initially very liberal and environmentally friendly, that was his initial approach. If he let Trump back he would burn all his previous work with Tesla and his own brand so it would be stupid af.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.