House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

the spoilers gfhjdf i dont wanna click on them

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

11 hours ago, Liafen said:

Mess, I don't want to taunt y'all but I can't really wait for subtitles (they don't provide those for press screeners - and there are some words I cannot quite make out because some characters are literally MUMBLING) to watch it again on Monday, might watch the episode again today. It's that good. The tension builds up beautifully throughout the ep and the first few minutes are actually quite... poetic? Probably the favorite beginning sequence of mine on TV. 

How does it compare to…

Spoiler

The Winds of Winter? With the slow start and music, Larys and Alicent lighting up, the feet, then someone crowned at the end it had some parallels. 

Do we see the Blacks at all? 

35 minutes ago, Triton said:

How does it compare to…

Hide contents

The Winds of Winter? With the slow start and music, Larys and Alicent lighting up, the feet, then someone crowned at the end it had some parallels. 

Do we see the Blacks at all? 

No blacks this time.

y'all lowkey make this thread unreadable with all the spoilers :deadbanana2: like I want to click on them so bad but I know I must resist. 

Anyway this past episode was excellence. That dinner scene alone :weeps: So many emotions and yet no words spoken. 

Alicunt's kids are so unbearable my god :biblio: 

I started episode 8 an hour ago and there’s still 30 minutes left. Truly an eventful series. :jonny5:

****. I’m trying so hard not to click on the spoilers. Let me exit 

On 10/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, Liafen said:

Just watched E09. You will **** yourselves, I kid you not. This one is the best of all GoT. :jonny4:

On 10/13/2022 at 11:50 PM, Nicholai said:

:jonnycat:

Can’t wait :duca:

2 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

@Liafen i have a question. Do they acknowledge the existence of Daeron in EP9 or still nothing? 

Still nothing, I think GRRM also confirmed Daeron to be off-screen in Old Town this whole season

Off topic but wil the book have different ending than the GoT show????

Justice for Daenerys

16 minutes ago, Anye said:

Justice for Daenerys

That **** is never getting finished anyways so :skull: the old man will never release another book 

13 minutes ago, Anye said:

Justice for Daenerys

Obviously, the show is fanfiction made by the showrunners

There are original show characters that are not in the books like Ollie, the night king, talisa, and there are book characters that never made it to the show like Doran's children, Aegon Targaryen (the son of elia and rhaegar), Taena of myr (cersei's mistress), etc. Not to mention many show characters are completely different in the books, like Euron is straight out scary and Tyrion turns evil after killing his father and Shae. Also, the whole Sansa "arc" with the boltons, belongs to another character in the books, her friend Jeyne Poole who was given to the boltons as "Arya Stark".

23 minutes ago, Anye said:

Justice for Daenerys

Yes, and thank god for that! George will deliver the TRUE ending and save us from the atrocity that was S8 :pukey: 

4 minutes ago, M André said:

There are original show characters that are not in the books like Ollie, the night king, talisa, and there are book characters that never made it to the show like Doran's children, Aegon Targaryen (the son of elia and rhaegar), Taena of myr (cersei's mistress), etc. Not to mention many show characters are completely different in the books, like Euron is straight out scary and Tyrion turns evil after killing his father and Shae. Also, the whole Sansa "arc" with the boltons, belongs to another character in the books, her friend Jeyne Poole who was given to the boltons as "Arya Stark".

The show not including the fake Aegon is still the dumbest thing for me. 

like it’s kind of dumb and pointless in the books but I feel like it would have added a lot to a few characters who after s4 just basically stood there and did nothing

Edited by Mariah's Glove

wow i just saw robert jordan was born after grrm. though he was able to complete 11 books so perhaps not the best comparison.

2 minutes ago, Mariah's Glove said:

The show not including the fake Aegon is still the dumbest thing for me. 

like it’s kind of dumb and pointless in the books but I feel like it would have added a lot to a few characters who after s4 just basically stood there and did nothing

I dont think is dumb in the books, otherwise it would have been a huge plot hole from agot, remember Varys and Illyrio wanted Dany dead to make Khal drogo invade with Viserys, it's quite obvious they were the expandable options, meanwhile Aegon was their plan all along.

48 minutes ago, Mariah's Glove said:

That **** is never getting finished anyways so :skull: the old man will never release another book 

Lmao. Someone said it’s been 12 years since fans wanted the continuation.

45 minutes ago, M André said:

43 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Yes, and thank god for that! George will deliver the TRUE ending and save us from the atrocity that was S8 :pukey: 

These make me want to read the book 

I am sure Winds of Winter will be released, A Dream of Spring not so much but Winds is definitely complete enough that even in the worst case scenario it would come out. 

I’ve been rewatching Game Of Thrones but I guess I’ll stop now at 8x01. The way they started to do Daenerys dirty.

3 hours ago, Anye said:

I’ve been rewatching Game Of Thrones but I guess I’ll stop now at 8x01. The way they started to do Daenerys dirty.

this is the right thing to do, just leave the rest to your imagination

7 hours ago, Anye said:

Justice for Daenerys

Yes it will have a different ending. Jon and Arya will also end up together

304989329-782948469589007-12294747656585

8 hours ago, Anye said:

Justice for Daenerys

I still don't understand why D&D completely erased Sansa's storyline and just gave her another character's story :rip: I get that they had to get her North asap but there were better ways to do it.

D&D claim that George told them how the story would end, and George claims he didn't. I think he saw how terribly received the ending was and just decided to change it, but most of the major character's ending will be the same.

Jon will still go beyond the wall, Sansa will be Queen of the North, Arya will become an adventurer and try to sail East... I think Bran will die and Daenerys will survive, but will go back to Essos.

Edited by Kummercell

I just hope that George wont kill all the Tyrells like D&D did..

original.gif

6 hours ago, mystery said:

I am sure Winds of Winter will be released, A Dream of Spring not so much but Winds is definitely complete enough that even in the worst case scenario it would come out. 

For sure, the current projected date is November 2023 and tbh I believe it since he confirmed he finished all the storylines for the main characters.

Following the show's discourse on twitter every week is so annoying. The fans want to turn into a disney villain vs disney princess-like story so bad :biblio:

I get that the show gives them the means to do so by making Rhaenyra much more likable, but girl, don't go talking **** about Aemond's psycopathy while swooning over Demon for being a hot rebel bad boy :eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.