House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Black + Green Trailer | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

OMG THE TRAILER :jonny5:

I LOVEEEEE how they are misleading with it being Daemon's claim vs Rhaenyra. People will be shook.

10 minutes ago, mystery said:

I LOVEEEEE how they are misleading with it being Daemon's claim vs Rhaenyra. People will be shook.

I caught that. We will be GAGGING

23 minutes ago, Track10 said:

Is Emma D'Arcy's character the Cersei of the series? I'm ready to stan.

Fire And Blood spoilers:

I would say:

No.  Emma D'Arcy's character Rhaenyra's closest counterpart is Daenerys.  Olivia Cooke's character Alicent would be the closest thing to Cersei.

48 minutes ago, mystery said:

Can I get a spoiler as to why that's misleading?

Also, does anyone know why there are two actresses who play Rhaenyra's?

5 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Alicent marries Rhaenyra's father the king and they have three children, the oldest being Aegon II. Rhaenyra is named heir but Alicent wants her son on the throne as Rhaenyra is a woman and Aegon II is the kings oldest son.

The war is fought between the The Greens who support Aegon II (Rhaenyra's half brother and son of Alicent) and The Blacks (Rhaenyra). Daemon supports Rhaenyra's claim from the start as he is her husband and they have two children together by the time the king dies.

7 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Regarding your second question, I believe they will show 2 different timelines - Rhaenyra as a teenager and Rhaenyra as a woman grown (when she's about to be crowned around her father's death). Not sure if the older actress will appear in later episodes or if they will do parallel storytelling.

As to your first question:

The Targaryen dynasty after the Dance of Dragons - aka what this show focuses on, has as ancestors Rhaenyra and Daemon who both marry each other after their previous spouses (the Laena / Laenor Velaryon siblings die). The main conflict *in the books* was between Rhaenyra and Alicent's first son Aegon the 2nd because Viserys refused to make Aegon his heir as it was custom - male heirs come before female heirs regardless of age. Rhaenyra's father (Viserys - the king) said he already assigned her as his heir. Of course this results into a bloody war situation

I can go into more detail if you wish, as I'm not sure how much from the books will be put in the show. But the whole family politics of this situation is really interesting and rivals GoT in terms of complexities - in the books.

16 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Young Rhaenyra and old Rhaenyra. Same for Alicent.

The way i understood nothing like in GOT but im still shook :gaycat2:

HBO is coming for quality apparently :gaycat5:

23 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

Regarding your second question, I believe they will show 2 different timelines - Rhaenyra as a teenager and Rhaenyra as a woman grown (when she's about to be crowned around her father's death). Not sure if the older actress will appear in later episodes or if they will do parallel storytelling.

According to the Hollywood Reporter article the show will jump 10 years in the middle of the season.

When she said something along the lines of "when I am queen im going to create a new order reminded me of the famous daenerys line "im not going to recreate the wheel, im going to break the wheel" :jonny6:

Oh my oh my. The absolute serve of the trailer.

I now wish HBO would pull a Disney+/Marvel and produce tons of shows about GOT world and pre-series

Not gonna happen considering how expensive these are but imagine the slay.

Oh God, I really hope they humanize Rhaenyra since you can tell a lot of the things written by the maesters sounds like propaganda and anti women bias, BUT I hope they dont make her a Daenerys 2.0, she never cared for the smallfolk that much, none of the sides did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.