House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Black + Green Trailer | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

The World Premiere of the first episode is on July 27th, so we'll get some early reactions and feedback quite soon

wtljbelk3sb91.jpg 

HBO isn't playin with the promo, a bit EXTRA :deadbanana2:

On 7/14/2022 at 10:24 PM, Terylee said:

A trailer must come soon.

We might get it even earlier than SDCC :duca:

Their game app promoting the show is out this wednesday

7nyyxzu1xxb91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a 

And they're changing their hashflag on twitter this wednesday also, they only do that when they drop a trailer

5go9acetetb91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

We are NOT ready :jonny5:

22 minutes ago, Destiny said:

We are NOT ready :jonny5:

For me, the biggest takeaway here is they're driving home the point they learned from the original show's mistakes. "You can't do different for different's sake" sounded like a clear response to the D&D approach of subverting expectations that didn't need subverted.

13 minutes ago, M André said:

You can't do different for different's sake

OMG they're dragging D&D :bibliahh:

The more they LASH Drunk & Disorderly the more hyped I get for this show :duca: 

I’m so hyped for this, it’s coming to end Disney+ and Netflix shows, the OG is coming to save HBOMax.

Another interesting article from THR :jonny5:

It looks visually and musically stunning. 

I just hope actors and character will be interesting and charismatic enough.

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

4bbn2628fkc91.jpg 

y06detck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg

wafg5vck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg 

wiif2sck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg 

a0blvrck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg 

cloe4uck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg

5i9scuck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg 

4lwt4vck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg 

12 hours ago, Eóghan said:

wiif2sck8jc91.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg 

He has the best stills :jonny5:

23 hours ago, Destiny said:

The FULL article is up featuring the cast + crew

Trailer is coming oh my :WAP:

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Trailer is coming oh my :WAP:

Stop ️  with the games and release it already

I hope nobody retweets ****

britney-i-hate-fucking-waiting.gif 

Hanging over the premiere is lingering chatter about the blowback against Thronesseason eight. It’s another irony for the pile that the same show responsible for Dragonbeing so hugely anticipated is also a source of hand-wringing about its reception.

“The ******* toxic internet and these podcasts out there saying that season eight left such a bad impression that people say, ‘Oh, I’m never going to watch them again,'” Martin says. “I don’t trust them anymore.”

“It was a social media backlash,” Bloys says, sounding weary of the subject. “I think in multiple parts of our society, we are reminding ourselves that Twitter is not real life. We knew it was going to be divisive and, of course, you want all fans to be happy, but that’s never going to happen. There weren’t a lot of people walking around despondent or upset. It’s a take that reads well but probably doesn’t fully reflect viewer feelings.”

SCREAMING :ahh: they can not be serious :rip:

Edited by Destiny

They're aiming for 3-4 seasons

o7h0amhv5qc91.jpg 

I hope the show ends after 4 seasons. It's more than enough to tell everything leading up to the dance of dragons and it's conclusion. There's not much to tell afterwards.

As for the Doom of Valyria and Aegon's conquest, do a spin-off limited series for both. They both deserve it, but please don't include them in this show, doing a season 5 + 6 so far removed in the past with a new cast is such a weird concept. :deadbanana2: It's just plain confusing, it won't work.

The budget for Doom of Valyria would be insane if they go in that direction :rip:

would prefer Aegons conquest just so that I can see their rendition of Balerion :gaycat4:

Perched for the trailer :WAP:

It is good to know they have a hard 3 to 4 season plan, that will allow the story to be told in exactly the length it should be. Kind of excited about the concept of this being a The Crown type show about the Targaryens. I also love the idea of it switching to an anthology type show later on, exploring different eras of the Targaryens. I feel like Aegon's Conquest would make for an amazing 1 season story.

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Hanging over the premiere is lingering chatter about the blowback against Thronesseason eight. It’s another irony for the pile that the same show responsible for Dragonbeing so hugely anticipated is also a source of hand-wringing about its reception.

“The ******* toxic internet and these podcasts out there saying that season eight left such a bad impression that people say, ‘Oh, I’m never going to watch them again,'” Martin says. “I don’t trust them anymore.”

“It was a social media backlash,” Bloys says, sounding weary of the subject. “I think in multiple parts of our society, we are reminding ourselves that Twitter is not real life. We knew it was going to be divisive and, of course, you want all fans to be happy, but that’s never going to happen. There weren’t a lot of people walking around despondent or upset. It’s a take that reads well but probably doesn’t fully reflect viewer feelings.”

SCREAMING :ahh: they can not be serious :rip:

What the **** is this?  There absolutely were thousands of people upset.  I don't know a single person in the real world who LIKED the ending.  There are only people who despised it and (rarely) people who say "it was bad but it wasn't THAT bad."

I'm going back to dampening my enthusiasm for this.  They should be promising up and down that they'll be able to do a more satisfying, more complete, more sensible ending this time.

8 minutes ago, Miles. said:

What the **** is this?  There absolutely were thousands of people upset.  I don't know a single person in the real world who LIKED the ending.  There are only people who despised it and (rarely) people who say "it was bad but it wasn't THAT bad."

I'm going back to dampening my enthusiasm for this.  They should be promising up and down that they'll be able to do a more satisfying, more complete, more sensible ending this time.

It's Casey Bloys (CEO of HBO content) who says that. What did you expect him to say? That's CEO mentality.

Of course he's goin to say that and defend his programming. He's the one who gave the greenlight to D&D with season 8, he reviews everything before they get to filming, he's just as much to blame as Dumb and Dumber.

I'm just glad GRR Martin is acknowledging that season 8 left a "bad impression" while making fun of people who swears they never watching GoT related stuff ever again. Which is ok because he's right, they'll be back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.