House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Black + Green Trailer | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Not the trailer actually being a SERVE. 

I hate HBO for sucking us back in. 

I really want to read the GOT books just to kill time until this comes out.

Has anyone on here read them? I heard they're good but can anyone here confirm? 

:jonny5:

6 hours ago, Venom said:

They are good. There is so much more than what they put into the show.

The music in the teaser is terrific. Ramin really did that. 

Dammit it looks good. Im so afraid I’ll be let down again. But, this trailer has me sold. Whyyyy :jonnycat:

8 hours ago, Venom said:

They are phenomenal, but I wouldn’t bother starting them until Winds Of Winter comes out. 

So i never read the books and barely understood GOT.. Is this one about daenerys ancestors and that mad king they spoke of constantly? 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

So i never read the books and barely understood GOT.. Is this one about daenerys ancestors and that mad king they spoke of constantly? 

It is about Daenery's ancestors but not about the mad king. The mad king is Dany's father. House of the Dragon is set 200 years before GoT.

You can read about the plot here. Spoilers, tho.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dance_of_the_Dragons

3 minutes ago, Terylee said:

It is about Daenery's ancestors but not about the mad king. The mad king is Dany's father. House of the Dragon is set 200 years before GoT.

Oh :lakitu:

I'll take the explanation you gave me sis thanks :heart2:

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

Love the details

On 5/6/2022 at 1:19 AM, Venom said:

This serie won't be based on the books tho

Books are fantastics... But unfinished. I wouldn't read them until the next one is published. 

If you wanna get into this serie you should read Fire and Blood, but not that much. That book is a Chronic, no that much dialog nor narrative content. 

imagine daenerys roasting essos and westeros as she wanted with that theme on the background :jonny4:

I’m extremely excited about this, especially in the last few days… my hype for this is reaching astronomical levels :jonny5:

I have put Game of Thrones  behind me. This is a completely new and different show with a completely new cast, story and 97% new crew. The story is a blast, I can’t wait to see it on screen. It’s a bit more contained than A Song of Ice and Fire and that alone gives it a bigger potential of being better than Thrones

The teaser trailer is phenomenal. The production values are looking good and the acting looks strong. I’m very much looking forward to the performances the most, particularly those of Smith, Cooke, D’Arcy, Ifans, Best and especially Toussaint. 

Hoping the full trailer comes first week of August. :jonny5:

Edited by Destiny

I can’t wait for the opening sequence/ main title design :jonny5:

and the theme music ahh :duca:

47 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I can’t wait for the opening sequence/ main title design :jonny5:

and the theme music ahh :duca:

Huge pressure for Ramin Djawadi to come up with something as iconic as the GOT opening theme

But I'd be ok if it's underwhelming, I feel like it's impossible to top. As long as he doesn't rely too much on the pre-existing Targ theme. I also want each main characters to have their own theme, that's what made GoT so unique.

S2 already ordered wow.

4 hours ago, Eóghan said:

Huge pressure for Ramin Djawadi to come up with something as iconic as the GOT opening theme

But I'd be ok if it's underwhelming, I feel like it's impossible to top. As long as he doesn't rely too much on the pre-existing Targ theme. I also want each main characters to have their own theme, that's what made GoT so unique.

I can only imagine the pressure he’s under. But I believe he’s gonna give us something monumental again. Yes to the different characters having their own theme… :duca:

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

S2 already ordered wow.

As much as I don’t doubt this, I haven’t seen any credible source that corroborates this statement… link? :duca:

@Destiny oh yeah my bad it’s reportedly being ordered for S2 with the writers starting to work, I guess they’ll wait for the reception and ratings of the first episodes to announce it.

I was very outspoke about how horribly GoT ended but I am so excited for this :rip:

Is this based on a book? I'd like to read it before the show comes out. 

This does look good. 

GOT will always be that ***** tbh

20 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

Is this based on a book? I'd like to read it before the show comes out. 

Fire and Blood but it isn't a narrative POV book the way the others are. It's a history book about a fictional world.

Truthfully I think I'd take back reading the book if I could. I didn't know it would one day be a show and now I know the entire plot beginning to end.

49 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Fire and Blood but it isn't a narrative POV book the way the others are. It's a history book about a fictional world.

Truthfully I think I'd take back reading the book if I could. I didn't know it would one day be a show and now I know the entire plot beginning to end.

Oh interesting. I need your advice - should I read the SOIAF books before the Fire and Blood book(s)? Does it matter? I'm interested in reading SOIAF despite having already seen the show but I'm not sure what would be the best intro to George R.R. Matin's writing style.

mlaredoperez
On 5/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, Terylee said:

Are they gonna make a series about the mad king? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.