The Rings of Power | Prime Video | Season 2 Filming Underway | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

Watching the first episode as we speak.

I have not read the books, watched the LOTR trilogy when I was younger and saw the first Hobbit movie. 5 minutes in and so far it looks visually stunning / like a triple A fantasy video game with high specs.:jonny3:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

9 hours ago, AxelFox said:

While I do think this is rather ridiculous at this point, you cannot just attribute this to 'incels' anymore. 

Look at House of the Dragon. They race-swapped an entire family too, and the incels did complain at first but it made little noise and burned out quickly. Why? Because the themes and tone remained the same and they didn't really alter the story and characters in a jarring way and the fandom loves it for the most part.

It's true that the author of the books is heavily involved in that one, but I'm sure Amazon could have done a more faithful adaptation if they wanted to. 

It's okay to admit that Amazon put themselves in a position in which they had VERY big shoes to fill in but unfortunately took a wrong approach to it and now turned an entire fanbase against them. 

Except it is incels, just check out Reddit and  YouTube lord of the rings channels. All of them have majority positive reviews. If you look at those negative reviews a lot of them are basically just racists comments. Let’s not forget that this show had a far massive negative compaign before the show even started.

At least the book tubers who dedicate  to the lore are happy with the show so far. 

I really like this so far. I have been so shocked at how bad the hate is on Twitter and YouTube. What exactly is woke about the first two episodes so far? I had not idea the lotr was so toxic.

1 hour ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I really like this so far. I have been so shocked at how bad the hate is on Twitter and YouTube. What exactly is woke about the first two episodes so far? I had not idea the lotr was so toxic.

There's black people in it. That's literally what the incels are rioting about. It's gross.

1 hour ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Except it is incels, just check out Reddit and  YouTube lord of the rings channels. All of them have majority positive reviews. If you look at those negative reviews a lot of them are basically just racists comments. Let’s not forget that this show had a far massive negative compaign before the show even started.

At least the book tubers who dedicate  to the lore are happy with the show so far. 

Idk man. The official trailer has 13M views and 45k likes. Compare to House of the Dragon that has 21M views and 230k likes.

Like it or not, the "incels" are who they were hoping would tune into the show. if they all hate it and don't watch, it'll be canceled especially with its budget.

So I watched the first two episodes.

As I suspected from the first 5 mins of episode 1 - great gowns, beautiful gowns. 

The show looks stunning.

The elves look like a mess. I thought in 2022 they could come up with more realistic ears that don't look like a costume piece. Also, they are boring/lifeless.

Dwarves are what I expected from them in a fantasy themed show that has dwarves:giraffe:

The hafroots are the most interesting characters so far, and I'm intrigued about the plot with that man that fell from the sky.

What are some ppl pressed about, that Arondir is played by a lightskin black man and that some of the hafroots are played by ppl of color?:skull::deadvision:

I will continue to tune in, but I can't say I'm obssessed with the show.

E1 was weak ngl but E2 kinda gagged me. Im not a massive Tolkien fan, I never finished the books as I found them very tedious to read but would say I've rewatched the first trilogy several times. And this doesnt feel unauthentic at all, it still does feel like Middle Earth to me.

The review bombing is a mess but it's what I expected from that very vocal group of people.

I'm very excited to see where this goes, my only conplaint is where was half of this budget for the Wheel of Time show?

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Idk man. The official trailer has 13M views and 45k likes. Compare to House of the Dragon that has 21M views and 230k likes.

Like it or not, the "incels" are who they were hoping would tune into the show. if they all hate it and don't watch, it'll be canceled especially with its budget.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/lord-of-the-rings-viewership-rings-of-power-amazon-jeff-bezos-tolkien-1235107279/

25m viewers apparently

12 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

Haven’t watched yet but can someone tell me why it’s being review bombed?

book purists and right-wing fanatics thinking it is "wOkE!!"

I'm nearly done with the first episode and wow, this is so bad...this makes The Hobbit look completely Oscar-worthy in comparison.

I wish they cast attractive people for the elves. No judgment, we are all God's children but come on... 

Gaga-blows-kiss.gif

I'm not completely sold with the show so far, but I enjoy seeing it be a success so these scum of the earth incels can fume even more. :heart:

--

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

It's a vocal minority of culture war trolls & nerds. Amazon should continue to ignore these people because they enjoy being angry, they thrive on the cycle of outrage. It's just how they engage with media - endlessly fume about content they don't like, consume media complaining about said content.

The reality is normies outnumber these people many times over. The show is aimed at fans of the books & movies, sure, but it's also just as much aimed at families, regular people, casual fans etc. LOTR book purists are not enough to carry a billion dollar show :skull:

Even saying that, many in my group of friends are huge LOTR nerds like me, and they all rated it as at least decent.  Funnily enough, they're well adjusted people with other things in their lives and so they're not on reddit or downvoting youtube or writing IMDB reviews. The internet distorts reality.

7 minutes ago, Harrier said:

I'm not completely sold with the show so far, but I enjoy seeing it be a success so these scum of the earth incels can fume even more. :heart:

--

It's a vocal minority of culture war trolls & nerds. Amazon should continue to ignore these people because they enjoy being angry, they thrive on the cycle of outrage. It's just how they engage with media - endlessly fume about content they don't like, consume media complaining about said content.

The reality is normies outnumber these people many times over. The show is aimed at fans of the books & movies, sure, but it's also just as much aimed at families, regular people, casual fans etc. LOTR book purists are not enough to carry a billion dollar show :skull:

Even saying that, many in my group of friends are huge LOTR nerds like me, and they all rated it as at least decent.  Funnily enough, they're well adjusted people with other things in their lives and so they're not on reddit or downvoting youtube or writing IMDB reviews. The internet distorts reality.

You know what you and your friends can go away and shut up and watch house of the dragon instead. Yall are really not getting it

1 minute ago, TOKYO. said:

You know what you and your friends can go away and shut up and watch house of the dragon instead. Yall are really not getting it

Girl what I think you misunderstood me. I like the show so far for the most part, and I'm celebrating it's success so the incels fume more :skull:

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

--

No no I think you misunderstood. I mean the engagement has been extremely low for such a big franchise. 45k likes on a trailer for such a big budget show? That's not a good sign. 200k likes and 200k dislikes would be different. But it doesn't seem like the interest is there at all.

Edited by Gaia

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

No no I think you misunderstood. I mean the engagement has been extremely low for such a big franchise. 45k likes on a trailer for such a big budget show? That's not a good sign. 200k likes and 200k dislikes would be different. But it doesn't seem like the interest is there at all.

Clearly it is, at least for now based on the ratings. Lord of the Rings is a well known IP. Its not like its a new franchise.

I haven't watched it yet since I don't have prime, but I do want to see it sometime just to see if the meltdowns are justified. I disagree about there being no buzz, I honestly haven't stopped hearing about this show since it dropped, even if not always for good reasons. 

Some of ya'll coming with the "omg its so bad!" like lmao , spare the hyperbole and attention seeking behaviour. You're doing too much. 

Edited by BNF91

As someone who never watched the movies or read the books, I liked it. Some storylines are more interesting to me than others, but I think that’s expected with a bunch of different things going on. I appreciated the dwarves’ environment; it reminded me of dungeons and dragons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.