The Rings of Power | Prime Video | Season 2 Filming Underway | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

Ok episode 2 ate. I actually love it more than the pilot. The pacing was better and the plot actually pulled me in completely.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

About to watch! Hope it is good. 

Ok I just finished watching both episodes and I liked it a lot. This is very good. The hate this show got before it even started was so underserved. This just shows ppl need to stop listening to incels disguising themselves as fans. 

I am going to give the show overal 8/10. 

Happy to see the good reactions. I knew visuals woule have slayed but I was worried about characters' writing. 

Can't wait to watch tonight.

Down to 6.6 on IMDB, I'm just sick of this reviews bomb of every new like "Holy" franchise so the die hard fans MUST hate it just for fun! More than 25% of the voters gave it 1, yeah, I doubt it.

They should've waited to release this after HoD, it's definitely getting overshadowed. I didn't even know it was out already :rip:

Watched the first two episodes and I liked this so far :clap3: 

The 2nd episode was actually better than the first I thought, the first had some weird editing and pacing issues imo.

Also I can't believe that the Harfoots/Hobbits scenes were actually some of the most interesting nnnn. I thought they'd be the least interesting characters, but they kinda pulled me in.

20 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

They should've waited to release this after HoD, it's definitely getting overshadowed. I didn't even know it was out already :rip:

The thing is that Rings of Power announced their date first then House of the Dragon swooped in. 

2 minutes ago, SpankGangsta said:

Is it out yet? Im confused. How did some of yall already watch it

Because the first two episodes came out almost 12 hours ago. 

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

Because the first two episodes came out almost 12 hours ago. 

Oh my god :rip:

Time to renew my prime sub

1 hour ago, omrimayo said:

Down to 6.6 on IMDB, I'm just sick of this reviews bomb of every new like "Holy" franchise so the die hard fans MUST hate it just for fun! More than 25% of the voters gave it 1, yeah, I doubt it.

Those cynical, hateful losers can rot. There's a difference between valid criticism and just having an irrational hate obsession.

I'm a huge tolkien fan but I can't comprehend hating something so viciously when you haven't even seen it :deadbanana2: I feel if you really love this universe like I do, you'd be happy to see such an ambitious adaptation. There's plenty to love here even if you hate the fanfiction aspects

2 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Those cynical, hateful losers can rot. There's a difference between valid criticism and just having an irrational hate obsession.

I'm a huge tolkien fan but I can't comprehend hating something so viciously when you haven't even seen it :deadbanana2: I feel if you really love this universe like I do, you'd be happy to see such an ambitious adaptation. There's plenty to love here even if you hate the fanfiction aspects

Agreed and yet, it's not on 6.3, It does hurt when some individuals trying to get into decision if to watch something or not and it's so low.

i watched ep 1 and im so confused :rip:

i never read tolkien which is a suprised even for me whos a book nerd, and i only watched LOTR last year, all the movies, but I barely paid attention cus my bff was loud as ****

did galdirene (?) sent to elf heaven but its like a mass suicide? idgi cause like if its just heaven she can leave anytime right

why does the human hates elf? did elf made Sauron the evil wizard? was Sauron an elf?

Is half foot (?) hobbit? why is it called half foot

who the hell is the comet Jesus at the end of the episode

one minus thing about this series so far is that theres zero hot male character :coffee2:

What do y'all think of Galadriel? God personally I love her attitude. She's really servin bad bish who takes no **** from anyone. She clearly got issues, some serious PTSD there but I find it fascinating and I'm curious to see how her character is goin to evolve over the course of the series. We stan character development in this house and where the character starts has tons of potential. I'm excited.

Are do y'all think she's a "karen and mary-sue" like a delusional female youtuber that won't be named said? :dies: (I just know she wrote that punchline in advance just to rile up the neckbeards)

6 hours ago, Eóghan said:

What do y'all think of Galadriel? God personally I love her attitude. She's really servin bad bish who takes no **** from anyone. She clearly got issues, some serious PTSD there but I find it fascinating and I'm curious to see how her character is goin to evolve over the course of the series. We stan character development in this house and where the character starts has tons of potential. I'm excited.

Are do y'all think she's a "karen and mary-sue" like a delusional female youtuber that  won't be named said? :dies: (I just know she wrote that punchline in advance just to rile up the neckbeards)

I've only watched the pilot but I like her! And her actress is great.

At this point I've kinda accepted that any lead female protagonist will have some "Mary Sue" accusations, even though she's a very complex and interesting character.

6 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

i

Hide contents

did galdirene (?) sent to elf heaven but its like a mass suicide? idgi cause like if its just heaven she can leave anytime right

why does the human hates elf? did elf made Sauron the evil wizard? was Sauron an elf?

Yeah, the Harfoots are Hobbits. There are basically three different types of Hobbits: Stoors, Fallohides, and Harfoots.

Just finished watching as well. 

It's kind of what I expected it to be. A good fantasy series, though a not-as-good adaptation of Middle Earth. It really wasn't giving that, I got more Narnia vibes if anything. Daddy Gil-Galad was pretty much the only one who could fit in the LOTR world :deadbanana:

Will try to be as objective as I can with the series, because I did like it and found it quite enjoyable. It's just very hard to separate it when they are using the same character names and setting. 

I liked the dwarves. I liked the little we saw of the men. Elves... will get a while to get used to but they were mostly fine too. But god I hated the hartfoots and the meteorite man sub-plot :skull: I hope that develops into something important over the season cause..

The conflict doesn't seem strong enough yet but perhaps it will be built upon as the show progresses. 

My biggest issue was the costumes. The world around them looks so good but most of the costumes are serving theatre kids production, this is unacceptable given the budget they had for this :deadbanana: 

Overall I'd say it's a 7/10 for me so far if I think of it outside of the LOTR and Hobbit movies, with big potential moving forward. 

I'm finding it hard to judge the show because the pacing is slow and the story is only just getting going. It seems to have introduced the main characters it will be following now though so I expect I will enjoy future eps more. I found the first a little bit tedious tbh. The second was better, had some nice moments but it's still largely setup. 

8 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

i watched ep 1 and im so confused :rip:

i never read tolkien which is a suprised even for me whos a book nerd, and i only watched LOTR last year, all the movies, but I barely paid attention cus my bff was loud as ****

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry missed your post. So ..

1. Yeah she was sent (back) to their version of heaven (undying lands of valinor). You can say that i guess, but it's more complicated than that since the elves never die. No need to get into that lol, let's just say it's also where the elves originally came from. For example Galadriel is so old that she was born in Valinor, that's where we see her at the beginning of the episode with her older brother. When Morgoth killed the trees, most of the elves decided to go to middle earth to kick his ass, when the job was done some of them decided to stay because they fell in love with middle earth but eventually all of them will have to go back. And yes they might be able to leave again, but they only travel to Valinor when they tire of Middle Earth, when they have no desire to return. It's a one-way trip in principle. In this case for Galadriel the high King kinda forced her hand to go when she clearly had unfinished business with middle earth.

2. Humans from the southlands hate the elves because they're kinda like cops who were sent to keep them in check because they made bad decisions in the past. (they sided with Sauron's boss, morgoth) The elves are just there to make sure they don't make the same mistakes, of course it creates some kind of oppression and resentment from the humans.

And no Sauron isn't an elf and the elves have nothing to do with him becoming evil.

3. Harfoots are hobbits. Just ancestors, 3000 years before The Hobbit/LOTR trilogy.

4. We don't know. A mystery that will be resolved at some point during the show.

2 hours ago, Jotham said:

I've only watched the pilot but I like her! And her actress is great.

At this point I've kinda accepted that any lead female protagonist will have some "Mary Sue" accusations, even though she's a very complex and interesting character.

Yeah she has plenty of flaws, they're just not physical, they're mental. Which is all the more interesting. 

Love your soldier boy avi btw

SoldierBoyAc2.thumb.gif.0ed64eb75b87887c 

Only watched Ep 1.

Galadriel's actress was... interesting in some scenes, serving high school drama circle levels of acting. 

46 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Only watched Ep 1.

Galadriel's actress was... interesting in some scenes, serving high school drama circle levels of acting. 

It's not just her, it's all the elves :dies: It's a bit jarring at first but you get used to it, it's gonna take some adjustment. They have a very stoic way of speaking, with poetic eloquent words which makes it feel like a theater play. I'm not surprised because one of the showrunner (who graduated in english literature) said he was very inspired by shakespeare when he wrote the episodes.

I wasn't a fan of her delivery at first but I loved it on second viewing. The way she acts helps tremendously, I just like how traumatized she is. There's a constant wide-eyed paranoia that she carries in every scene that just hit for me. She's so sincere in her pursuit and it doesn't feel like it comes from a place of ego like: I need to be right!

I have to say I didn’t make it through the first episode. The dialogue was wretched, Galadriel’s actress was terrible, and I hated the hobbits. I’m not a Tolkien purist, I don’t mind changes to the source material. But if anything the show felt like a parody of the film trilogy. Everyone says the second episode is much better, so I’ll try again later. I’ve heard that they’re doing a Numenor plot line, and that’s my favorite part of Tolkien, so I feel like I have to see what they do with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.