Pop Emergency: Camila barely made it to top 10, what went wrong?

OrgVisual

59 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Havana oh N/A N/A

:bibliahh:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armani?

• Protocol

• brainmaniac

• Letemtalk

52 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

UK Midweeks (Wednesday):

#9. Familia (-2)

she might miss the top 10 in the UK too

She didn't flash her nipple on UK live television just for this. :chick3:

1 hour ago, Iceland said:

FAILMILIA :bunny:

140124000.jpg?v=637028035584170000 

@Blank @Alak96 

Sometimes my family buys of this.

:bibliahh:

Anyways Camila's 15 minutes are up. People saw that whenever she's flopping she comes back to her latina roots but this time ain't working

2 hours ago, Iceland said:

@Blank @Alak96 

:deadbanana2:

Perhaps she could bundle her top 15 album with this? :mandown:

8 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

I suspect that most people outside the stan world don't remember if they ever knew.

This is what's it's beginning to look like. Two big hits that came from collaborations, but not converting pop radio listeners and Spotify playlist listeners into dedicated fans. Her touring stats look decent in her first era, but a lot of the shows in following years are promo events or supporting other artists.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/camila-cabello-2bdf084e.html

It looks like she had one proper tour and this year she will be supporting Shawn for at least one more show and then supporting Coldplay for a few shows. The main Coldplay support acts for big shows in North America and Europe are H.E.R. and London Gammar.

I wouldn't say "Havana" being a hit came from the Young Thug feature. That helped with rhyhtmic airplay in America and probably some streaming there too, but he had never had a Top 40 hit as a lead artist before "Havana". I honestly never even heard that version, here all they played was the solo edit. The song's whole hook, premise, appeal also rests on her.

2 hours ago, Iceland said:

@Blank @Alak96 

:ahh:fitting for the havana singer

OT: so much for being bigger than "MemePGs" and "Faceless artists"

It’s what she deserves :clap3:

2 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

UK Midweeks (Wednesday):

#9. Familia (-2)

she might miss the top 10 in the UK too

I was told she was global, this can't be it

The racism (and her fanbase toxicity) caught up with her career lmao

15 hours ago, Cloröx said:

It's a risky alberm with immense innovation. It takes time to fully digest. All these are signs of ahead of its time. Cult classic me think

only explanation

3 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Lower than Charli :chick2:

That's what you get when you don't release she loves control aka the smash that never happend

Very Funny Joke GIF

This + releasing Sangria Wine, Consequences (Orchestra), Real Friends (Remix)…:toofunny2:

I love Romance but they sabotaged the entire era, she was performing a different song everywhere:deadbanana4:

I like Camila but she’s basically responsible for what is happening right now/that she‘s over:sorry:

9 minutes ago, governmenthooker96 said:

This + releasing Sangria Wine, Consequences (Orchestra), Real Friends (Remix)…:toofunny2:

I love Romance but they sabotaged the entire era, she was performing a different song everywhere:deadbanana4:

I like Camila but she’s basically responsible for what is happening right now/that she‘s over:sorry:

It really does go back to "She Loves Control" and all those flops she released in summer '18 :deadbanana4: One of the stupidest, most career-ruining decisions ever. She had everything to be the next big pop girl and ruined it.

She has a bad voice and unlikable personality, the surprise is that she ever had hits :rip:

14 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Poor camelizers, it looks like the Havana chanteuse is the one who really needs some TTH playlisting

nsAO9uG.gif

She has TWO songs on TTH #2 and #16(both collabs with current hit artists)

ChFJD0Oa.gif

14 hours ago, Bussea said:

The way the forum just opened and you immediately start off with this thread :dies:damn ma it's been 3 days, you ain't managed to get a life?

What are we supposed to discuss? Global warming? This is Flopilia's opening week

ChFJD0Oa.gif

OT: Looking at the #3 on the predictions, it seems like her fanbase found another person to stan for

ChFJD0Oa.gif

#13 is barely missing the Top 10. People are doing the most and acting like she missed the Top 100 :skull: That’s not bad considering she doesn’t have a hit and her album launch came a little bit out of nowhere 

12 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

#13 is barely missing the Top 10. People are doing the most and acting like she missed the Top 100 :skull: That’s not bad considering she doesn’t have a hit and her album launch came a little bit out of nowhere 

Bam Bam is literally in the top 30 on Hot 100

She has 2 smash hits in her catalogue and is supposed to be a main pop girl 

25k is lower than literally EVERYONE comparable. Even Brandy did 25k 1st week on a independent label with no payola her last release.

There's no way to spin these horrible numbers. :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Bam Bam is literally in the top 30 on Hot 100

She has 2 smash hits in her catalogue and is supposed to be a main pop girl 

25k is lower than literally EVERYONE comparable. Even Brandy did 25k 1st week on a independent label with no payola her last release.

There's no way to spin these horrible numbers. :bibliahh:

I thought everyone here was saying Camilla was a not main pop girl though?

And that the last new girl to ascend to main pop girl status was Ariana Grande?

And people were calling Camilla’s last album a flop too, even though it had 2 hits and saying she was more like Meghan Trainor status 

So it can’t work both ways. If people didn’t see Camilla on that high of a level before and knew she was struggling, then they can’t be too surprised when her numbers are a bit lower this time. If anything you would expect the numbers to be even much lower than this.

1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

I thought everyone here was saying Camilla was a not main pop girl though?

And that the last new girl to ascend to main pop girl status was Ariana Grande?

And people were calling Camilla’s last album a flop too, even though it had 2 hits and saying she was more like Meghan Trainor status 

So it can’t work both ways. If people didn’t see Camilla on that high of a level before and knew she was struggling, then they can’t be too surprised when her numbers are a bit lower this time. If anything you would expect the numbers to be even much lower than this.

Even if she wasnt supposed to be a main Pop girl, they're still atrocious numbers.

ATRL says no one listens to H.E.R and she's unknown. How is Camila debuting with less numbers than her?:bibliahh:A BOMB

16 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Not selling less than Brandy’s Independently funded R&B album :rip: 

This was my first reaction when I saw the #13 peak. Our girl really DID THAT with an indie R&B album. Truly a legend. 

The term "bomb" is thrown around a lot, but this...this is an actual bomb. :skull: At least she has Bam Bam starting to do well going for her.

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Even if she wasnt supposed to be a main Pop girl, they're still atrocious numbers.

ATRL says no one listens to H.E.R and she's unknown. How is Camila debuting with less numbers than her?:bibliahh:A BOMB

The numbers can always be way worse. You even said she had a song go Top 30. Clearly, she’s not at an atrocious Nelly Furtado level 

And what does H.E.R. have to do with anything :rip: 

Seems like H.E.R didn’t debut that much higher on her last album and her 2 previous albums before that, the two albums that no one heard that were nominated for the Grammy Album Of The Year missed the Top 20 :deadbanana4: and one of them even charted at #86 :gaycat6:

12 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

The numbers can always be way worse. You even said she had a song go Top 30. Clearly, she’s not at an atrocious Nelly Furtado level 

Seems like H.E.R didn’t debut that much higher on her last album and her 2 previous albums before that, the two albums that no one heard that were nominated for the Grammy Album Of The Year missed the Top 20 :deadbanana4: and one of them even charted at #86 :gaycat6:

No she's not at total irrelevance level yet. "Don't Go Yet", a solo single, peaked at #42 which while a flop by a relevant pop girl standard is decent compared to someone like Nelly F, Alessia Cara, Meghan Trainor, Iggy (listing girls who used to be huge for a while and then became irrelevant). Those girls can't even chart at all anymore. But she might be an album or two away from that status. And DGY got major playlist and radio support instantly. If she didn't have those things I wonder if she can still chart.

15 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

H.E.R's last album last year debuted with over 10k more than what this supposed to :bibliahh:

And her 2017/2018 album will be Double Platinum by the end of the year.

The #86 one just didnt take off, it's technically not a studio album anyways.

Wayy worse? What semi relevant Popstars is doing less than 25k 1st week? :skull:  

Just now, Armani? said:

H.E.R's last album last year debuted with over 10k more than what this supposed to :bibliahh:

And her 2017/2018 album will be Double Platinum by the end of the year.

The #86 one just didnt take off, it's technically not a studio album anyways.

That H.E.R album only peaked at #6 :skull: and like you said only sold 10K more after years and years of intense industry plant push :gaycat6:  You know very well that as much of a push as she has had and with her countless pushed Grammys nominations and wins, should have done WAY more than that.

That #86 one was considered to be enough of an album to have real radio singles and be nominated for the Grammy Album Of The Year. 

Plus, I see H.E.R has another album that charted at #139 :deadbanana4: So clearly, there’s no room here for you to be talking about Camilla’s #13 position lol. You could have used almost any other artist against Camilla but had to choose someone as unsuccessful as H.E.R. :lmao:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.