• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• sam.teas

• rehceeb

• bonkbanisters

i really don't understand why she set a July release date when she could've just released it this week after her graduation :noparty:

1 hour ago, rehceeb said:

i really don't understand why she set a July release date when she could've just released it this week after her graduation :noparty:

vinyl production 

as somebody said on the forbidden website, all files are 128 kbps (all spectrograms shelve at 15 kHz)

my personal review (that can maybe be useful for the ones who don't wanna listen to l word or just to confront the different ideas)

Random organization of the tracks (exception of the first 3)

Overdrive

Good opener. Tbh nothing special. The instrumentals give an idea of what we will hear on the album: noisy bops and soft ballads. Vocals are served a little in this opener. For the ones who don't know, this is the song that you hear in the trailer of the album.

That's Where I Am
Released. Long af but I love this song, maybe cause it's still the only song she released for the album.:rip:

Want Want

can't judge in full of it since it hasn't l worded in full, but I'm perched for it. HQ snippet is available on her TikTok and the song will come out on the 1st of June. Super bop I guess

Shatter

THE BOP OF THE ALBUM. the start is already so powerful what that electric guitar so evident. She builds her voice upper and upper and makes her voice like almost out of breath. Hoping this will be a single or at least have a music video. The chorus starts immediately at 0:50 and the "alright" gives more cadence to the whole piece. Love it.:WAP:

Horses

It seems to be a direct son of her previous album: stripped down ballad. The vocals are on point and it's a wonderful song. The best part is the "suffered" bridge before the last chorus (3:41-3:57). The powerful vocals at 3:15 are wonderful.

Be Cool

Semi-Bop. Interesting start and explicit. It doesn't properly explode but it's a good track. "Be Cool, Coooool"

Honey

apparently all the songs with this title are masterpieces. Another wonderful track. The instrumentals are so good and evident but "soft" at the same time. Wished it was a little longer. Explicit. The repetition of the letters before the words is magic: "In the middle of the NA_A_A_A_NIGHT":WAP:

Begging For Rain

interesting titled. "two-three" undertone and then the song starts properly with a soft instrumental. Very wonderful piece by Maggie. So emotional.

Symphony

The strange instrumentals like TWIA open the track. Too long to be honest. But enjoyable (maybe my little skip). Little vocals served and a mix of different instrumentals generate the "symphony" (here where it comes the title). The voice is kinda balanced all over.

Different Kind Of World

another ballad. super stripped down with guitar. very very emotional and sometimes in the background the sound of the electric guitar.

I've Got A Friend

little skit at the start. another ballad more catchier. It remains kinda flat but the instrumentals at 1:19-1:20 are so cute. Another little noise of voices at almost the end of the song. Very very cute. 

Anywhere With You

very very powerful. it starts slow and then it explodes. another gem to be super honest. electric. guitar and the backing vocals "ah-ah" give more sound to the album

Edited by sam.teas

oh no how sad… anyway lemme listen 

where are y’all listening cause i NEEEED it ?

Not gonna listen to leak cause i dont like her that much so waiting until officiqlly out

Not 2 months before release :skull: 
I'm so sorry for her, I think she's extremely proud of this record 

32 minutes ago, lover. said:

The ****, not Want Want being the only track not to leak. :dancehall2:

well we can wait 2 days 

Edited by sam.teas

i hope the tracklist is available soon, I don't really want to listen without it

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

i hope the tracklist is available soon, I don't really want to listen without it

I tried to organize it in a certain way but it seems "impossible". the amount of different vibes it gives ... 

Edited by sam.teas

Want Want is such a bop, the production reminds me of Roar :skull:

Edited by Bindi

Been looking everywhere for a link, and can't seem to find it. I guess I'll wait until July 29th for the AOTY to drop!

be cool is a soft bop indeed :katie2:

Her first album was amazing and she deserved the grammy nomination. Looking forward for her sophomore album. She is an amazing songwriter. That’s Where I Am is already one of my most listened to tracks this year :clap3:. Won’t be listening to the leaks.

Want Want MV teaser :duca:
I also wonder, if she can get a 100M+ hit this era? HIITPL has almost 3 songs with such stats + so does LYFALT

Edited by original_lifeline