UK Politics 🇬🇧🏛️ TERF Island + General Corruption

Diarrhoea

Suella Braverman quite literally wants to abolish human rights by removing the UK from the ECHR. :rip:

I'm kind of getting the bad feeling that the reason :clown: was PM is because he's the least-awful Tory that wanted the job.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Marla Singer

• John Slayne

• Robert

So many of the... Er.... least worst Tories were culled by Boris at the 2019 election so we're left with the absolute bottom of the barrel trash whose only unifying ideology is "Right wing + Brexit Good" 

Despite that tragic campaign video, Mordaunt is probably the best option for the country, heard decent things about Tugendhat too, but I've had to look up how to spell his name so :michael:  

(Well, Mordaunt is *second* best for the country - best for the country is any Tory who will immediately give Labour a majority in a snap general election) 

9 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

B5-DD0468-3-A5-A-4-E9-D-9867-BE38507-B6-

we need some oomfs to do a comprehensive guide to each to find out who is least bad 

On 7/12/2022 at 9:27 AM, RihannaRTT said:

we need some oomfs to do a comprehensive guide to each to find out who is least bad 

From what I’ve seen Penny and Grant are the least terrible but there’s not a good choice amongst any of them.

Edit: Nevermind Penny came out as a transphobic. They really are all terrible.

Edited by Robert

Surprised how diverse this leadership campaign is, Tories the party of diversity?

Especially surprised by Badenoch. Literally have never heard of her before and now it wouldn't be much of a surprise if she snatched. One to watch for the next leadership election after the next General Election.

I mean, the only thing I know about her is that she hates gender neutral bathrooms, but she's doing well in Conservative voters internal polls 

• ATRL Moderator

@Diarrhoea when are we doing a modern britain prime minister rate (ie from churchill’s post-war term to johnson)? 

5 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

@Diarrhoea when are we doing a modern britain prime minister rate (ie from churchill’s post-war term to johnson)? 

First of all Attlee is the start x

Second of all 15 women having a mid-off

On 7/12/2022 at 3:46 PM, Benjamin said:

Surprised how diverse this leadership campaign is, Tories the party of diversity?

Especially surprised by Badenoch. Literally have never heard of her before and now it wouldn't be much of a surprise if she snatched. One to watch for the next leadership election after the next General Election.

I mean, the only thing I know about her is that she hates gender neutral bathrooms, but she's doing well in Conservative voters internal polls 

I was shocked to see that she seems to be the most popular on DailyMail (along with Mordaunt) based on the comments :rip: 

I also never heard of her until now, definitely one to watch in a few years if she keeps being awful and telling the Tory voters what they want to her. 

All these choices are terrible though. :skull: 

PM4PM? 

She seems the most electable out of the lot. I think Kemi's gonna be a rising star of the Tories after this leadership contest. Ideologically not for me but both seems worlds apart from BoJo

Penny is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She literally went back on her stance about the Gender Recognition Act about two days ago. She herself knows being a conservative with somewhat leftist views isn't going to clamber enough power for her in her party so she's pandering. It could be a clever act into making her party members believe she's more on their side than we are led to think, but in an opposite notion she could then have been playing a clever act with members of the marginalised public, making them believe she was on their side. As with anyone in this party, it goes to show, you really can't trust a tory.

I can't believe I think this, but once a new leader is chosen a GE is probably quite crucial. It's all irrelevant if the public aren't happy with a tory government at all anymore.

I don't see the infighting stopping anytime soon. Whoever loses is going to going to hang around and want another shot, and Boris supporters will still be fuming and wanting revenge.

Do we stan Penny Mordaunt or is this still to early to call? 

58faIvp.gif

She ended up saying some pretty transphobic stuff so no, we don't stan.

6 hours ago, Jack! said:

Penny is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She literally went back on her stance about the Gender Recognition Act about two days ago. She herself knows being a conservative with somewhat leftist views isn't going to clamber enough power for her in her party so she's pandering. It could be a clever act into making her party members believe she's more on their side than we are led to think, but in an opposite notion she could then have been playing a clever act with members of the marginalised public, making them believe she was on their side. As with anyone in this party, it goes to show, you really can't trust a tory.

I can't believe I think this, but once a new leader is chosen a GE is probably quite crucial. It's all irrelevant if the public aren't happy with a tory government at all anymore.

1 hour ago, Kitty Kat said:

She ended up saying some pretty transphobic stuff so no, we don't stan.

I believe Penny seems to be the least worst choice, being conservative she didn’t have to say what she originally said about trans women but knows she has to go back on that stance to get elected unfortunately.

While it’s not ideal and it doesn’t say much, she’s still better than the other candidates at least who I’m sure will be even more transphobic. 

Suella Braverman OUT! While it's hard to determine the "least bad" Tory running to become PM, I think she was easily the worst. :skull:

The Conservative PR machine is really coming down on Mordaunt today, some really powerful people clearly don't want her to snatch. Which is weird because she's the only one who has a chance at winning the next General Election.

I can't see Truss or Sunak recovering the Tories image considering they've been Boris lapdogs for 3 years, Badenoch is too right wing to catch on as popular leader and Tugendhat is, there, I guess, I dunno he's losing in the next round regardless.

I'm living for their slogans

Ready4Rishi

Liz4Leader

PM4PM 

"Mordaunt worked in public relations and as a magician's assistant"

"Truss was a liberal democrat in university"

"Tugendhat's mum was French "

This C4 debate already :deadbanana:

That debate was dreadful. :skull:

Mordaunt is done, can't imagine her getting into the final 2 now. Tugendhat is the only one of the 5 who came off as a good leader and he's going to lose the next vote anyway so is irrelevant.

22 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Mordaunt is done, can't imagine her getting into the final 2 now. Tugendhat is the only one of the 5 who came off as a good leader and he's going to lose the next vote anyway so is irrelevant.

I agree from what I saw Tugendhat came off the best but I don’t think Mordaunt is done yet, she might be better in the next debates.

Liz Truss was widely considered to be the worst :skull: 

Imagine if it ends up being Sunak vs Badenoch I- :deadbanana: 

Also it’s not a good look that the Tories have had 2 female prime ministers and now either a 3rd female or the first POC while all of Labour’s leaders have been white men.

• ATRL Moderator
22 hours ago, Benjamin said:

tom was awful :rip: desperate for soundbites rather than saying anything of substance. kemi and rishi were the runaway winners of the debate

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

Also it’s not a good look that the Tories have had 2 female prime ministers and now either a 3rd female or the first POC while all of Labour’s leaders have been white men.

We are in desperate need of Angela Rayner 

1 hour ago, Unoriginal said:

tom was awful :rip: desperate for soundbites rather than saying anything of substance. kemi and rishi were the runaway winners of the debate

Interesting opinion, most people disagree 

r/tories - Who Performed Best in the Debate Poll

56 minutes ago, fountain said:

We are in desperate need of Angela Rayner 

She’d be a better choice than Keir Starmer for sure :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.