And Just Like That... | Seasons 1 & 2 NOW streaming on MAX | Renewed for Season 3!

KasioKas

4 minutes ago, ArtForFreedom said:

I am a bit shocked tbh.. I thought she couldn't stand SJP

The article explains that she filmed her scene with no contact with the stars and that the previous SATC stylist worked with her

I guess the $$$ were too much :redface:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• KasioKas

• Attitude

• Jotham

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

How kalinda and julianna margulies of them

not you using the character name for one and the actual actress for the other (ik julianna is more famous but :dies:)

AHHHHH

YES. WE DID IT, KIDS!

Bet it's just a scene over the phone, so that Samantha can explain her true reasons for "leaving" the other three behind. But whatever. SHE. IS. BACK.

And just like that... indeed :jonny:

Pleased to hear this. Maybe in S3 we can we can get her back as a reoccurring cast member before her return to the main cast in S4. :fan:

For one night only, the “Sex and the City” universe will be whole again. Variety has learned that Kim Cattrall will reprise her iconic role as Samantha Jones in the Season 2 finale of “And Just Like That,” Max’s revival of HBO’s “Sex and the City.”

But she will only appear in one scene. According to sources, Cattrall shot her dialogue on March 22 in New York City, without seeing or speaking with the stars of the series, including Sarah Jessica Parker, or with “And Just Like That” showrunner Michael Patrick King.

In the scene, Samantha, who in the show has moved to London, will have a phone conversation with Parker’s Carrie Bradshaw. In the first season of “And Just Like That,” Carrie engaged with an estranged Samantha over text, and in the finale, the two made a plan to see each other in order to reconcile.

Famed “Sex and the City” costume designer Patricia Field, who has not been working on “And Just Like That,” dressed Samantha for her scene.

A rep for Cattrall didn’t respond to request for comment. Max did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Cattrall’s appearance as Samantha will not be a continuation of the character for now.

A spokesperson for Max — née HBO Max — exclusively confirmed her appearance to The Post.

In a shocking development, sources revealed that Cattrall, 66, made a hugely “hush-hush” cameo that left no paper trail to tip off show workers beforehand — her name never even appeared on a call sheet — leaving many people stunned behind the scenes.

Details about Cattrall’s “completely” secretive appearance are slim, but an insider claimed that her scene was filmed in March in a town car in a parking garage near Silvercup Studios in Queens, where interiors for the series are shot.

The filming was so clandestine, Cattrall arrived in an SUV with blacked-out windows to help hide her down-low shoot from prying eyes.

“The fact that they’re keeping it very hush-hush says that there’s some implication that she might be coming back — not this season, but it’s definitely a cliffhanger that’s gonna get people to come back for Season 3,” an insider told The Post of Cattrall’s cameo.

Edited by JonnyCat

I hope this leads to a Samantha Jones show of her own. She is 50% of the lure of SATC, if the other 50 can do it she can have her own show too.

4 minutes ago, IsidoraMarí said:

I hope this leads to a Samantha Jones show of her own. She is 50% of the lure of SATC, if the other 50 can do it she can have her own show too.

I've always wanted Samantha and the City :gaycat2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Must be broke and need the $$$$

Doubt it, she's been booked and busy recently! :clap3: I'm excited for her cameo though!

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Doubt it, she's been booked and busy recently! :clap3: I'm excited for her cameo though!

Her most recent show the Queer as Folk reboot was cancelled. so obviously she isnt booked. she was dead set against appearing in this show cause of how "toxic" SJP is

1 hour ago, Schami66 said:

AHHHHH

YES. WE DID IT, KIDS!

Bet it's just a scene over the phone, so that Samantha can explain her true reasons for "leaving" the other three behind. But whatever. SHE. IS. BACK.

Maybe because they're trash people esp carrie 🤗

Just now, Josh said:

Her most recent show the Queer as Folk reboot was cancelled. so obviously she isnt booked. she was dead set against appearing in this show cause of how "toxic" SJP is

Her most recent show is How I Met Your Father which is currently airing its second season. She also has a new film coming out with Robert De Niro. She's booked and busy. :skull:

• Like 1

For one night only, the “Sex and the City” universe will be whole again. Variety has learned that Kim Cattrall will reprise her iconic role as Samantha Jones in the Season 2 finale of “And Just Like That,” Max’s revival of HBO’s “Sex and the City.”

But she will only appear in one scene. According to sources, Cattrall shot her dialogue on March 22 in New York City, without seeing or speaking with the stars of the series, including Sarah Jessica Parker, or with “And Just Like That” showrunner Michael Patrick King.

In the scene, Samantha, who in the show has moved to London, will have a phone conversation with Parker’s Carrie Bradshaw. In the first season of “And Just Like That,” Carrie engaged with an estranged Samantha over text, and in the finale, the two made a plan to see each other in order to reconcile.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/kim-cattrall-samantha-jones-and-just-like-that-season-2-1235629763/

Just now, MrLovett said:

Her most recent show is How I Met Your Father which is currently airing its second season. She also has a new film coming out with Robert De Niro. She's booked and busy. :skull:

and that's Hilary Duff's show, she was also on Peacock's Queer as folk which bombed

What's the point though for one scene where she is not with the others?

What a sell out. All that cryijg to the media only for her to sell out. AJLT and the cast also sold out. Cynthia Nixon said the door was not open for her to return since she made her feelings very clear. Will watch anyways 😂 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.