And Just Like That... | Season 3 now filming! | Seasons 1 & 2 available on MAX

KasioKas

I think this show (as well as the two movies) shows that the true genius behind S&TC was Darren Star. The show took a slight turn in season 3 (still good but not quite the same as the great and promising season 1 and 2) and maintained the quality with the same crew. However as soon as Michael Patrick King and SJP took full reigns on the franchise with the first movie they really dropped the ball...

• Like 3

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• Jotham

• feelslikeadream

• Attitude

6 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

I think this show (as well as the two movies) shows that the true genius behind S&TC was Darren Star. The show took a slight turn in season 3 (still good but not quite the same as the great and promising season 1 and 2) and maintained the quality with the same crew. However as soon as Michael Patrick King and SJP took full reigns on the franchise with the first movie they really dropped the ball...

they shouldve stopped at the 1st movie, that was horrible enough. the 2nd movie is offensive and embarrassing and i cant believe the reboot show exists

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

It’s a shame this still hasn’t seem to have found it’s footing. They’ve made Seemas character a bit annoying and Samantha adjacent with her attitude, when last season she seemed to have her own identity.

Che and Miranda are stupid and unlikable. LTW is still a terrible character with no depth, and Nya hasn’t been in any scenes with the other cast. 

Did anyone else not like how in the first episode they treated their one gay friend as expendable, it felt like the ignorance from the old season, and yet still an accurate representation of how many woman place their gay male friends below their female friends.

Yeah I thought it was weird too but Anthony is a c*nt with everyone most of the time, too. So it was only fair he'd get a bit of tough love, too... ! :mandown:

This season is so bad. Che is so annoying. IDK something seems off but I still enjoy the cast so I guess ill continue watching. 

10 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

Did anyone else not like how in the first episode they treated their one gay friend as expendable, it felt like the ignorance from the old season, and yet still an accurate representation of how many woman place their gay male friends below their female friends.

It frustrates me how, despite the show claiming that it's trying to be more progressive, its portrayal of gay men is still very outdated and stereotypical.

4 hours ago, ctlp27 said:

Darren star is the creator of AJLT isn't he? and produced both movies so he was still in the high ranks.

6 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Darren star is the creator of AJLT isn't he? and produced both movies so he was still in the high ranks.

No he gets producing credits because he created the TV show but I think I remember him saying he had no creative input since he left (and I’m still remembering well that he would have done stuff differently). 

18 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

i'm so used to being treated that way, I didn't even think twice when I watched it :rip:

Che is SO horrible on this show, the character assassination of Miranda will be talked about for decades

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Saint James said:

i'm so used to being treated that way, I didn't even think twice when I watched it :rip:

Maybe I’m being dramatic but it was just a bit triggering to watch. They did this in the old series too, only including the gays when it suited them. You’d think with the diverse teams working on the show they have there’d been some sort of reflective message or lesson there…but no.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JoeRobert said:

Maybe I’m being dramatic but it was just a bit triggering to watch. They did this in the old series too, only including the gays when it suited them. You’d think with the diverse teams working on the show they have there’d been some sort of reflective message or lesson there…but no.

there could be definitely be better representation of gay men on the show but if i were to choose between that or having a tighter plot and less characters, i'd choose the latter. i guess Anthony should be calling them out just like Seema and Nya did

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Che is SO horrible on this show, the character assassination of Miranda will be talked about for decades

I do not understand the issue with Che, at all. They're just kinda... there. This vitriol towards the character from so many people feels so unwarranted. :rip:

• Like 2

I just looked through Cynthia's IG and all her posts about the show are just filled with comments dragging her for ruining Miranda :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

We DO NOT care about the new characters. Why are they getting their own storylines? :chick3:

Just watched the third episode. My thoughts:

Spoiler

It was alright I guess:

• they continue to use Seema for meaningless plot lines this season, what was the point of that stolen purse :skull:
  • Che/Miranda were low-key the most entertaining part of the episode :priceless:
  • it was fun to finally see Che not get what they want
  • it was heartwarming to finally see family dynamics between Miranda and her son, before this her son has been treated like a gross joke
  • Charlotte and her friend's storyline felt so pointless, and them thirsting over that one student was so creepy
  • Bitsy Von Muffling :heart2:
  • Carrie's neighbor seems cool, I like her tbh
Edited by Jotham

On 6/27/2023 at 4:43 PM, #Beautiful said:

they shouldve stopped at the 1st movie, that was horrible enough. the 2nd movie is offensive and embarrassing and i cant believe the reboot show exists

ill defend the first movie with my life cause I genuinely think its great but the second movie KILLED this franchise. but at least you can watch that one to cringe and laugh at it. this reboot is just... so exceptionally boring and lifeless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Thoughts on ep. 3:

- When tf did Carrie write a whole ass memoir in less than a year? :hoetenks:

- The anti-Android propaganda 👎👎👎👎

- Seema smoking cigarettes in almost every scene she's in is so gross.

- Che's show writer is so cringe :redface:

- The Lisette arc was beyond stupid. You're telling me no one could stop the guy?

Anyway, I think I forgot a plot detail from S1 or the films; how does Miranda not work anymore? Is the mortgage on her apartment paid off already? :rip:

This episode was better than the double premiere TBH! I really enjoyed Carrie’s scenes

i’m glad no one is paying much attention to this show cause this most recent episode had some… choices

still, i personally love watching it even though it’s kinda horrible nn

I love Seema so much. She has that great Samantha quality of being that fun girlfriend to hang out with but also a real friend that is there for you. 

What is with the Che/Miranda storyline? :rip: Please end it somebody.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/27/2023 at 9:36 PM, ctlp27 said:

Agreed. But I would also add the lack of/departure from Candace's source material is so crucial when it comes to explaining the franchise's downfall. The way the girls' different storylines were explored and analyzed from a writer's point of view through the column, dealing with (mostly) deep and relatable topics, was what made it so great, imo. The more Carrie's character evolved from Candace to SJP, the worse the show got. 

AJLT Carrie feels like a complete different character other than her addiction for fashion. (Although here, as well, I would argue, Pat Field did a way better job.) Sure, you could argue she's no longer in her 30s, became more mature, wealthier and the world we live in now is a very different one from 90s white NYC. But I don't relate to any of those Park Avenue first-world-problems displayed on the reboot.

Not using Carrie's podcast to bring back those clever voice-overs and therefore forcing the plot to have meaning and some kind of general theme for each episode, is the biggest fail for the reboot. Without it, it will keep giving Rated-R Modern Family soap opera vibes... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.