• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Looks like Saturday is a bit above what you were expecting.

Omg that Saturday! Wow. Incredible Xmas Eve hold. Clearly the storm affected it Friday. However, that Xmas Sunday estimate must go up. $21.5M is too low.

I think we will see the actuals rise by quite a bit tbh. Rival studios apparently expect a much bigger Sunday than the one Disney has reported. $63M instead of $56M weekend.

Edited by BNF91

13 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

And that's well above the $155M expectation for this weekend. Incredible. $1B by Tuesday maybe!

Monday is going be a massive day both domestic and overseas. 

Edited by BNF91

39 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

this is amazing right? :eek: 

It's fantastic (and will likely increase considerably with actuals). Especially considering overseas next weekend might see an increase. Many markets had cinemas severely reduced or closed on Xmas Eve/Xmas. $168M OS is :jonnycat:

Another $200-250M global next weekend. Totally dusting No Way Home at this point. 

Edited by BNF91

Some good news from China.. 2nd weekend shows solid signs. Over $10M 2nd Sunday down just 24% from 1st Sunday. New year holiday weekend still to come. Final projection has been increased to $160M and I think it could go higher. 

Read on twitter and some box office pundits are predicting 2B for this movie once all is said and done :jonny6:

Is there any news on whether it will be on Disney plus when its theater run is over?

Also lol at the movie with "no cultural impact" absolutely DUSTING the Thor 4, Black Panther 2 and The Batman entire worldwide box office runs in just 10/12 days :oh:

Some of y'all got it so wrong

ATRL is so out of touch with what GP want :toofunny3:

So I'm not surprised they think Avatar has no cultural impact :toofunny3:

Should I watch this in theater? Is It worth the 8 euros?

First one looked gorgeous but I got very bored in the second half with the infinite action scenes.

23 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

First one looked gorgeous but I got very bored in the second half with the infinite action scenes.

The visuals are peak cinema. There's simply nothing that can even compare (and the industry will take decades to catch up, just like it happened with first one).

The script feels like a low budget Netflix movie written by a 5 year old after learning the word colonization for the first time. 

Depends on your preferences, tbh. I'd say watch it on the biggest/best screen possible or skip it. 

The fact this will surpass Top Gun with ease in like early January :rip:

and it has everything going against it: storms in the usa, covid in China, etc lmao

6 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

The fact this will surpass Top Gun with ease in like early January :rip:

and it has everything going against it: storms in the usa, covid in China, etc lmao

China situation is so tragic. Normal times would have had China competing with Endgame, doing like $500-600M. 

Though for what it's worth, it has been recovering a little bit this weekend. $10M Sunday compared to last weekend $13M Sunday. Chinese Yew Year holidays still to come. $200M is not dead, yet. 

But yeah, Top Gun is done like dinner in like 2/3 weeks. 

57 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

Just came home from the cinema and let me inform you that no it is not worth it. Everyone was talking about the visuals so I expected to be impressed. I wasn't. And the story is so dumb. There are endless overlong battle scenes which are pointless because you know very well all of the main characters are going to survive and be totally fine. There is no tension. 

Spoiler

And yes, in the end one of the sons dies but honestly it was not nearly enough. 

With all the hardships, obstacles and technological superiority they faced there should have been way more than one death. At least 3 of the kids should have died or the wife. This way there is no pressure in watching these drawn out action sequences when we know very well the "good" guys will come out mostly unscathed while the bad ones will always lose in a convoluted way that is usually thanks to the wildlife coming to help in the very last critical moment. 

I will not watch the next one in the cinema that's for sure. 

37 minutes ago, Starfish said:

Just came home from the cinema and let me inform you that no it is not worth it. Everyone was talking about the visuals so I expected to be impressed. I wasn't. And the story is so dumb. There are endless overlong battle scenes which are pointless because you know very well all of the main characters are going to survive and be totally fine. There is no tension. 

Hide contents

With all the hardships, obstacles and technological superiority they faced there should have been way more than one death. At least 3 of the kids should have died or the wife. This way there is no pressure in watching these drawn out action sequences when we know very well the "good" guys will come out mostly unscathed while the bad ones will always lose in a convoluted way that is usually thanks to the wildlife coming to help in the very last critical moment. 

yeah, just as i thought.

my local cinema isn't even imax or 3d - just a regular cheap place so is definitely not worth it even for the visuals alone :huh:

10 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

yeah, just as i thought.

my local cinema isn't even imax or 3d - just a regular cheap place so is definitely not worth it even for the visuals alone :huh:

Jumping to conclusions just because one user told you one thing. :biblio: The movie is amazing and worth it even if its just for the stunning visuals that no other movie today can match.

Tightening up my final range. Low-end has risen but high-end has also fallen. There absolutely zero chance this goes below $1.7B (450/1250) at this point. 

Low-end: $1.75-$1.8B

Normal: $1.8-1.9B

High-end: $1.9-2.1B 

Think it lands at $1.95B (520 DOM/1.43B OS), but I still believe it can pass $2B. 

Edited by BNF91

36 minutes ago, mystery said:

Jumping to conclusions just because one user told you one thing. :biblio: The movie is amazing and worth it even if its just for the stunning visuals that no other movie today can match.

X2

Watch it today and it was AMAZING 

Not just the visual, but the music as well.

Wanna watch it again

2 hours ago, Starfish said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ur crazy. Clearly ur in the minority with ur critiques which means u went in with bad negativity to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Madonno said:

X2

Watch it today and it was AMAZING 

Not just the visual, but the music as well.

Wanna watch it again

1 hour ago, mystery said:

my local cinema is very old and cheap, the movie its not intended to be seen and heard like this. i'm conflicted.  :clownny:

teatro-garibaldi.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

This movie is the definition of

beautiful visuals, basic story, you'll forget about it after leaving the theatre. @Totami Legend do NOT watch it there lol. I dont think its worth it without the 3d much less with what looks to have very old screens. pretty theatre tho!

Edited by FunCoric

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.