Avatar: The Way of Water | Billions: 2 | Oscar Noms: 4 | Best Picture Noms: 1

Butters

11 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

my local cinema is very old and cheap, the movie its not intended to be seen and heard like this. i'm conflicted.  :clownny:

teatro-garibaldi.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

that's a stunning cinema :smitten:

11 hours ago, FunCoric said:

This movie is the definition of

beautiful visuals, basic story, you'll forget about it after leaving the theatre. @Totami Legend do NOT watch it there lol. I dont think its worth it without the 3d much less with what looks to have very old screens. pretty theatre tho!

true but i don't think you'll forget about it since the story is so basic and stupid :rip:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

4 hours ago, BNF91 said:

:WAP:

c'mon china :jonny5:

Not this sequel evaporating all the MCU sequels this year in just 2 weeks :rip: Not bad for a sequel to a movie with no cultural impact that absolutely no one remembers :giraffe: 

‘Never bet against James Cameron’ - that is cultural impact. As an MCU stan and Jim Cameron stan (Aliens and T2 are my favorite movies of all time) I applaud him.

1.5B is the floor now, 2B could still be game.

2 hours ago, Zerocoke said:

Not this sequel evaporating all the MCU sequels this year in just 2 weeks :rip: Not bad for a sequel to a movie with no cultural impact that absolutely no one remembers :giraffe: 

And the fact that MCU movies 'have to be seen' in the first two weeks so you'll avoid spoilers + the core fanbase rushing back to the cinemas for subsequent viewings. :skull: I assume lots of fans will watch Avatar again after Christmas (I did a second viewing 4 days after the premiere, and tbh it was more enjoyable on the 2nd)

5 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Ready for ATRL to start stanning for Avatar just because it smashes :toofunny3:

Girl, I didn't care about this movie until I watched it and got gagged by how good it is. :jonnycat: I'm ready for it to take Top Gun's overrated ass. :jonnycat:

Will rewatch this again today :party:This time in 2D because all IMAX screenings at my town have sold out :rip:

Oh wow, it's already at almost a billion at the box office??

And it's not even January and February where this film will have longevity :deadbanana2:

26 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

And it's not even January and February where this film will have longevity :deadbanana2:

I didn't know Black Panther flopped. I thought it had hype. It barely crossed 800M WW. It's WW total is barely going to outgross it's domestic total from the 1st movie :rip: 

Edited by Gaia

25 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

$1B by tomorrow. With a week of holidays before January. So much gas left in the tank, $2B is still possible. 

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

I didn't know Black Panther flopped. I thought it had hype. It barely crossed 800M WW

Domestically BP2 has done decent. A Black Panther sequel without the Black Panther making almost $450M Domestic? I'll take it. Overseas though it did poorly. FIFA World Cup really clobbered it too. But it still has about $25-30M left in the tank worldwide. 

This is weird but I've had so many friends and people I know message me or mention that they either love the movie or plan to see it. Some of them are like the last person I would expect to even be interested in it.

Many people on Reddit are having meltdown because they thought this will flop :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, Donquizote said:

Many people on Reddit are having meltdown because they thought this will flop :bibliahh:

If you mean box office one then yeah, it is hilarious. That one took a turn for the worse when Infinity War and Endgame released and the Marvel stans flooded in. I was there since The Force Awakens and it was a much more analytical and interesting environment back then.

I feel like the range for this is (barring a collapse of legs in January which seems unlikely)

560m - 600m US
1.1b - 1.2b International

1.6b - 1.8b WW

with a chance of hitting 2b with eventual rereleases in China and other markets.

Edited by mystery

32 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I didn't know Black Panther flopped. I thought it had hype. It barely crossed 800M WW. It's WW total is barely going to outgross it's domestic total from the 1st movie :rip: 

BP 2 hasn’t flopped. It underperformed compared to the original, but the first one was already a box office anomaly (like Avatar or Titanic) and had a huge cultural impact in the US.

The first BP did good internationally, but didn’t have the legs or impact of the US, earning just +600M. The sequel was a bit of a downer and had no Chadwick, so it did great all things considered. It’s currently right in the middle (15th highest grossing MCU movie out of 30), 11th not counting the avengers movies. + it didn’t get released in China.

But anyway yeah, avatar just completely obliterated BP2 and it’s just the beginning. It’s coming for Wanda in the multiverse of her own movie tonight, Jurassic World 3 tomorrow, top gun M in January.

12 minutes ago, mystery said:

I feel like the range for this is (barring a collapse of legs in January which seems unlikely)

560m - 600m US
1.1b - 1.2b International

1.6b - 1.8b WW

with a chance of hitting 2b with eventual rereleases in China and other markets.

Sis it should be at $920-950M internationally by Monday (after another $120M+ OS wknd). Bring your OS range up by $100-200M. 

If Boxing Day has even a standard jump (+15-25%) then $600M is once again in play domestic. $2B odds just flew up considerably. 

13 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Sis it should be at $920-950M internationally by Monday (after another $120M+ OS wknd). Bring your OS range up by $100-200M. 

I always try to keep it very conservative but yeah it will probably be higher.:alexz:

China was getting jealous at France and South Korea taking all the shine and now is really stabilizing nicely there. Monday ($4.02M) was down just 27% from last Mon, and Tuesday even better. $4M, down just 17% from last week!

$112M running total there so far. 

2 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

China was getting jealous at France and South Korea taking all the shine and now is really stabilizing nicely there. Monday ($4.02M) was down just 27% from last Mon, and Tuesday even better. $4M, down just 17% from last week!

$112M running total there so far. 

Maybe 200m is back in play there?

4 minutes ago, mystery said:

Maybe 200m is back in play there?

For sure. Chinese New Year holidays approaching. Lots of money to make there. $200M+ can happen even without rerelease. 

Top Gun: Maverick is toast by Jan 8. It'll only take Avatar: The Way of Water 24 days of release to be the biggest film of the year worldwide :deadbanana4:

Edited by BNF91

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.