• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

16 hours ago, BNF91 said:

This garbage website smh.

Gigantic winter storm is gonna affect numbers this weekend domestically. So irritating. On one of the biggest moviegoing weekends of the year. Ugh. 

Already affecting Thursday numbers. Avatar still had a 1% jump to $14.5M. Hard to predict what the weekend will look like. But I already know people are gonna run with the numbers screaming flop when the winter storm is clearly affecting business. 

Internationally, just killing it. Wednesday actual increased to $39.5M and another $37M this Thursday. France is a juggernaut; $21M opening, already up to $41M after Mon-Thurs :soda:$100M+ potential there. 

$52M global day. $661M worldwide after 7 days. Will clear Thor 4 and The Batman's total worldwide box office after just 9 days of release. 

Probably finishes this weekend with 800m something, a billion before the third weekend. I could see this finishing above 1.5b.

Edited by mystery

This was painfully long :dies:

The first film's length is actually forgivable because there's a lot of things going on.. the second act of this film is way too long about learning the ways of water :dies:

Also them leaving their own kind doesnt make any sense

It's predicted to do 84M this weekend :jonny5:

Probably ending Sunday with 825 - 850m! I could see it hitting 1b on Wednesday or Thursday.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Probably ending Sunday with 825 - 850m! I could see it hitting 1b on Wednesday or Thursday.

this is amazing, isn't it?

$19.5M domestic Friday. $43M OS. 

Biggest film of the year in Italy after 8 days. 5% drop in South Korea from last Saturday. On track to surpass Endgame in India for biggest non local film ever. 

$723M global as of Friday. If this hits Charlie's projections for the OS weekend ($155M) then we should be looking at $850-875M by Sunday. $1B Tuesday or Wednesday. $1.25-1.35B by Jan 3. Then no competition and open runway until like mid-February. $1.65-1.7B should be the absolute floor for predictions. 

Edited by BNF91

Coming for 2.5 billion by end of February :foxaylove2:

There will be resurgence if this got nominated for multiple Oscars :jonny:

I watched last night, soooo good. Lots of people in the theater who looked like they hadn’t been to the movies in a long time.

Something about the Navi being connected with the Pandora and the creatures around them resonates deep within me :lakitu: 

China doing a little bit of recovering. $10.4M Saturday. $100M by Monday there. South Korea Saturday still rising, about 2% below last Saturday. Will fly past $50M Sunday. On track for 15% drop or better 2nd wknd. France 2nd Friday over 25% bigger than 1st Friday :soda:Also passing $50M tomorrow. Hong Kong down just 4% from last Saturday. Vietnam -8% from last Saturday. Italy -22% from last Friday and already the biggest movie of the year there (in 10 days)... Overseas is seeing incredible legs. 

$84 million for the 4 day weekend, is not that great..... domestically fell harder than Rogue One too.

10 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

$84 million for the 4 day weekend, is not that great..... domestically fell harder than Rogue One too.

There is a massive storm...

50 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

Talking without having context is very annoying to me

3 hours ago, mystery said:

There is a massive storm...

It’s the holiday weekend regardless 

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Talking without having context is very annoying to me

Mmm not really. 

5 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Girl over 200M people are feelings effects of a storm dropping temps below freezing. 

No one is rushing to see Avatar this weekend while their power is out, roads are icy, and they've been advised to STAY HOME :deadbanana2: 

There's a brain inside that head. Dust it off

Trolls in this thread. I cant.

I thought trolling and flamebait are no longer allowed in Entertainment thread and I was issued WP last time just because I called a movie trailer boring :skull:

Btw, great number for second weekend considering big snowstorm in the US now :clap3:

Lighting my prayer candles for a $30M+ Boxing Day. Depends on how much it increases on Christmas Sunday. 

Thinking something like this for the 4 day weekend, realistically. 

19.5/13/22/28

Optimistically hoping for 

19.5/13.5/23/29.5

6 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Lighting my prayer candles for a $30M+ Boxing Day. Depends on how much it increases on Christmas Sunday. 

Thinking something like this for the 4 day weekend, realistically. 

19.5/13/22/28

Optimistically hoping for 

19.5/13.5/23/29.5

Looks like Saturday is a bit above what you were expecting.

Oh wow. King Cameron wins again :ahh:

21 hours ago, BNF91 said:

China doing a little bit of recovering. $10.4M Saturday. $100M by Monday there. South Korea Saturday still rising, about 2% below last Saturday. Will fly past $50M Sunday. On track for 15% drop or better 2nd wknd. France 2nd Friday over 25% bigger than 1st Friday :soda:Also passing $50M tomorrow. Hong Kong down just 4% from last Saturday. Vietnam -8% from last Saturday. Italy -22% from last Friday and already the biggest movie of the year there (in 10 days)... Overseas is seeing incredible legs. 

it's doing so well internationally but the domestic #s are a bit below expectations (regardless the storm)

though its run is so enticing to follow :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.