Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

UVU4DLT.gif

dir. André Øvredal

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 49% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6./10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.6/5

"The crew of the merchant ship Demeter attempts to survive the ocean voyage from Carpathia to London as they are stalked each night by a merciless presence onboard the ship."

47 pts

Highest: #10 @Jay L@PaloSanto

Voters: @Lord Gaga@elevate@Euterpe@My.December@Delirious@SmashingMiley@PixelStick@Johnny Cash@The Witch

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Should j watch if? Everyone says it's boring and I hate boring

I find possum 2018 boring btw

It is absolutely boring, if you are not into Possum you wouldn't like this I fear. I only included it on my list because I couldn't find another movie to put at #20, lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Should j watch if? Everyone says it's boring and I hate boring

I find possum 2018 boring btw

It can be described as “boring” in a sense that there is no clear narrative and one could say nothing happens. It is all about the eerie atmosphere, which is done good enough, but basically you are watching CCTV of one night time with two children in the house. It can get you spooked, but it is more like performance art kind of thing than complete piece of work. 

• Like 2

When Skinnylegendmariahnk also charts on the '20s rate in 6 years like the cockroach of horror it is. Another record broken, I fear :jonny5: 

@lillavend3r @genetic fail @Walk_Away21

Edited by Reverse Warholian
  • Like 2

G7FaMTS.gif

dir. Kenneth Branagh

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 76% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3/5

"Celebrated sleuth Hercule Poirot, now retired and living in self-imposed exile in Venice, reluctantly attends a Halloween séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets."

49 pts

Highest: #5 @My.December

Voters: @genetic fail@Lord Gaga@elevate@DEGUOM@PixelStick
💩-List: @Roberto

I don’t how people liked skinamarink, nothing happens…a lot of ceiling shots, like watching paint dry

• Like 2

A Hunting in Venice is one of the better cinema thriller watches of the 2023 and I would include it in a bit broader list. Can’t go wrong with Agatha I guess. The stories are always just naturally intriguing and mysterious. 

9LIFEhH.gif

dir. Emerald Fennell
2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 71% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 7/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.5/5

"Struggling to find his place at Oxford University, student Oliver Quick finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton, who invites him to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for a summer never to be forgotten."

50 pts
Highest: #4 @Delirious

Voters: @DelRey@SmashingMiley@Johnny Cash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We're calling Saltburn horror now? 

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

43 minutes ago, PixelStick said:

I don’t how people liked skinamarink, nothing happens…a lot of ceiling shots, like watching paint dry

Agree 100%

Saltburn is an uneasy ride for sure, but crime drama fits it more than horror/thriller.  

d96jEsQ.gif

dir. Anna Zlokovic
2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 50% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5.3/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.7/5

"After hitting a breaking point, Hannah’s inner thoughts physicalize into a monstrous creature that threatens to upend her life."

50 pts
Highest: #8 @hypnodemiluv@Euterpe

Voters: @Reverse Warholian@DEGUOM@Jay L@Walk_Away21

• Like 2

Last Voyage of Demeter is underrated! I it’s a little long and I usually don’t care for vampire movies but I was pleasantly surprised how good it was.

• Like 3

now why the **** is Saltburn on here…. riggory

havent seen Appandage, haunting in venice or last voyage yet and not really thinking i want to tbh.

Appendage is so underrated! Deserved top 15! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

G7FaMTS.gif

dir. Kenneth Branagh

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 76% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3/5

"Celebrated sleuth Hercule Poirot, now retired and living in self-imposed exile in Venice, reluctantly attends a Halloween séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets."

49 pts

Wait I didn't even know this was considered horror for this rate lmao. It was cute tho! Death on the Nile was a little better I fear.

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

9LIFEhH.gif

dir. Emerald Fennell
2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 71% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 7/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.5/5

"Struggling to find his place at Oxford University, student Oliver Quick finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton, who invites him to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for a summer never to be forgotten."

50 pts
Highest: #4 @Delirious

Voters: @DelRey@SmashingMiley@Johnny Cash

gia-gunn-room-for-everybody.gif

• Haha 4

Still only lost 2 movies. Not really sad seeing any of these out.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Skinamarink was last year? :rip:

It leaked online like late December

1 minute ago, genetic fail said:

It leaked online like late December

Oh yeah now I remember. The only time I tried to watch it I fell asleep :cm:

• Haha 1

Skinamarink was boring trash. Maybe a good 5 minute long short film in there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, genetic fail said:

G7FaMTS.gif

dir. Kenneth Branagh

49 pts

Deserved worst. Such a snoozefest, tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.