Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

PSIBKMX.gif

dir. Takashi Yamazaki

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 98% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 8.3/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 4.2/5

"In postwar Japan, a new terror rises. Will the devastated people be able to survive… let alone fight back?"

30 pts

Highest: #7 @elevate

Voters: @DelRey@killer_rose

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

51 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

m0P6bCA.gif

dir. Patrick Wilson

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 37% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5.5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.4/5

26 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

The budget on this rate :jonny5:

That froot looks familiar

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, genetic fail said:

PSIBKMX.gif

dir. Takashi Yamazaki

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 98% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 8.3/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 4.2/5

"In postwar Japan, a new terror rises. Will the devastated people be able to survive… let alone fight back?"

30 pts

Highest: #7 @elevate

Voters: @DelRey@killer_rose

I wasn't able to watch this cause it's not on digital yet. I'm looking forward

• Like 3

Btw @genetic failyou spent so much time on the visuals and preparation. Love it so much and thank you!!! Looks gorgeous :heart:

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

:lakitu:

4 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

What did you graphics look like again?! :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

No one remembers

56 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

m0P6bCA.gif

dir. Patrick Wilson

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 37% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5.5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.4/5

"To put their demons to rest once and for all, Josh Lambert and a college-aged Dalton Lambert must go deeper into The Further than ever before, facing their family’s dark past and a host of new and more horrifying terrors that lurk behind the red door."

27 pts

Highest: #4 @Coldpurry

Voters: @hypnodemiluv@lillavend3r@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@DelRey@Euterpe@rooby.booby@PaloSanto

💩-Listers: @Reverse Warholian@elevate@Delirious@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@SitarHero@ninasayers@killer_rose

I thought i was the only one **** listed this :redface: It isn’t BAD bad but yeah what a borefest that contributed nothing to the franchise

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I was also missing Godzilla Minus One due to it still not being available, but considering disaster thrillers a la Society of the Snow and Concrete Dystopia being solid, but not necessarily for the top for this rate, I also think Godzilla would fall in similar lane. 

That being said, I am looking forward to disaster horror like Out of Darkness from this year. 

QKXrdwU.gif

dir. Alexis Jacknow

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 80% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.7/5

"On the eve of her 38th birthday, a woman desperately attempts to fix her broken biological clock."

30 pts

Highest: #6 @PixelStick

Voters: @Coldpurry@Euterpe@ChapelHooker

• Like 1

Childbirth/pregnancy are so scary to me, add in spiders and I’m spooked I thought clock was great.

Huesera and Godzilla flopped because they aren't available in home video/streaming yet :cm:

• Like 2

Oh these graphics are giving BUDGET! :flame:

None of the movies mentioned so far will be missed. I can't believe people actually voted for Insidious. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Huesera and Godzilla flopped because they aren't available in home video/streaming yet :cm:

Huesera actually is. Found it boring though :sorry:

KjU5Wea.gif

dir. Matt Angel & Suzanne Coote

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 86% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.1/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"Two years after she escaped a violent attack on her family, 16-year-old Becky attempts to rebuild her life in the care of an older woman – a kindred spirit named Elena. However, when a violent group known as the Noble Men break into their home, attack them and take their beloved dog, Becky must return to her old ways to protect herself and her loved ones."

37 pts

Highest: #6 @Lemon

Voters: @hypnodemiluv@SitarHero

9 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

KjU5Wea.gif

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 86% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.1/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"Two years after she escaped a violent attack on her family, 16-year-old Becky attempts to rebuild her life in the care of an older woman – a kindred spirit named Elena. However, when a violent group known as the Noble Men break into their home, attack them and take their beloved dog, Becky must return to her old ways to protect herself and her loved ones."

37 pts

Loved the first film... haven't gotten around to watching this yet, but looking forward to it!

The Wrath of Becky is one of those delicious examples when sequel beats the first part. The have improved on story ( the natural twist at the end ), action, carnage and dry wit. :clap3:

Clock is oblique, viable potential, but it doesn’t shake one enough. 

Omg what are these movies? Need to add some more to my bookmarks I guess. Not surprised at insidious being out early and well I didn't see Godzilla as yet but I'm sure it would have made the list.

IeaUI9E.gif

dir. Tim Story

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"A group of Black friends reunite for a Juneteenth weekend getaway only to find themselves trapped in a remote cabin with a twisted killer."

37 pts

Highest: #9 @Vorhees

Voters: @genetic fail@justin.@My.December@ninasayers@Johnny Cash

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS MOVIE!!! I would have def gave it a place on the list :redface:

38 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

KjU5Wea.gif

37 pts

flops! it was good!! but no surprise when you all praise bore to me

12 minutes ago, Lord Gaga said:

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS MOVIE!!! I would have def gave it a place on the list :redface:

SAME :rip:

40 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

KjU5Wea.gif

37 pts

16 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

IeaUI9E.gif

dir. Tim Story

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"A group of Black friends reunite for a Juneteenth weekend getaway only to find themselves trapped in a remote cabin with a twisted killer."

37 pts

Highest: #9 @Vorhees

Voters: @genetic fail@justin.@My.December@ninasayers@Johnny Cash

Kinda funny that these went back to back :toofunny2:

The Blackening has cool opening scene and good game plot and I kind of liked it, but it wasn’t scary nor comical enough. Plus forced, but I am okay with it being somehow highlighted. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.