• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

On 10/9/2022 at 7:01 PM, Kamil24 said:

8-12% will die!? Isn't that astronomical?

Correction: Due to a miscommunication, an earlier version of this essay said 8 to 12% of breakthrough infections may die of long COVID–this is incorrect. The researcher in question estimates that 8 to 12% of vaccinated people with breakthrough infections may develop long COVID. Fortune 

Also these stats jumped out at me:

Indeed, a large study found that vaccines were only about 15% effective at preventing long COVID.

COVID-19 increased the risk of developing Alzheimer’s in those 65 and older by 50% to 80%–and that was in people with no previous diagnosis.

A study that included data from over a million pediatric patients found that adolescents ages 18 and younger had a 72% increased risk of developing Type 1 diabetes in the six months following their COVID infection. That risk isn’t limited to children; it’s being seen in adults, too.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

It's STARTING. Say hello to BQ1

It is the XBB variant (BA.2.10) for us over here. Meanwhile, people under 50 years old are explicitly barred from getting a (free) 4th shot. 

7 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

It is the XBB variant (BA.2.10) for us over here. Meanwhile, people under 50 years old are explicitly barred from getting a (free) 4th shot. 

Ah yes. Are they barred for supply issues?

14 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Ah yes. Are they barred for supply issues?

I suspect the stocks have not arrived. I think most people under 50 have not received a shot in the past 8 to 10 months. It's ironic that the government keeps warning people of COVID (rightfully), but doesn't ensure that people can be boosted within 6 months, while loosening restrictions. 

12 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

I suspect the stocks have not arrived. I think most people under 50 have not received a shot in the past 8 to 10 months. It's ironic that the government keeps warning people of COVID (rightfully), but doesn't ensure that people can be boosted within 6 months, while loosening restrictions. 

Do restrictions even exist. I see 0 restrictions here. I haven't worn a mask since March. Isn't it just an endemic now that's with us forever.

Not to be that guy but I'm managed to go 3 yrs with never catching covid even while living with someone who had it.  Im really not worried anymore

Edited by Insanity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.