• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

One thing that I find quite fascinating is that the authorities in China doesn't really impose limits on crowd sizes if there's no lockdown, even before the Omicron variant emerged, if I recall correctly. But then again, they test a lot.

https://gulfnews.com/living-in-uae/health/travelling-to-the-uae-or-within-the-country--the-covid-19-requirements-you-need-to-fulfil-1.1661439450601

If I am not wrong, the emirate of Abu Dhabi still requires residents to take a PCR test every 2 weeks. But it seems like the rest of the world does not care about what they do.

In any case, it seems like the UAE has not reported any deaths in the past 2 weeks.

Got my Moderna omicron vaccine booster today and I'm so happy :clap3: 

Also:

On 9/5/2022 at 7:32 PM, Jotham said:

Why isn't this thread pinned anymore?

On 9/6/2022 at 7:53 AM, Genius1111 said:

Is it because CoViD iS oVeR?!?!?!

You're both free to ask in the Civics Rules thread but just speaking for myself, I didn't suggest it be unpinned. 

At some point it was unpinned by a mod based on a suggestion from another member that there were too many pinned threads (not mine).

The mod who told me that was done wasn't the mod that did that nor did they identify who that mod was.

I'm not sure what thread was the first to go, but once Ukraine was the last left standing, and given that we're still in a pandemic with 600+ U.S. deaths daily from Covid, I didn't feel comfortable as that thread's OP having that still standing while the others were gone so I requested Ukraine be unpinned too. Either I felt they should all stay or all be taken off being pinned (the one exception I would've allowed to that would've been monkeypox).

27 minutes ago, Hector said:

Got my Moderna omicron vaccine booster today and I'm so happy :clap3: 

I idiotically didn't realize there had to be a 4 week gap between the 2nd monkeypox dose and the new Covid booster and only found out through the CVS application :ace: 

Just now, Espresso said:

You're both free to ask in the Civics Rules thread but just speaking for myself, I didn't suggest it be unpinned. 

At some point it was unpinned by a mod based on a suggestion from another member that there were too many pinned threads (not mine).

The mod who told me that was done wasn't the mod that did that nor did they identify who that mod was.

I'm not sure what thread was the first to go, but once Ukraine was the last left standing, and given that we're still in a pandemic with 600+ U.S. deaths daily from Covid, I didn't feel comfortable as that thread's OP having that still standing while the others were gone so I requested Ukraine be unpinned too. Either I felt they should all stay or all be taken off being pinned (the one exception I would've allowed to that would've been monkeypox).

I idiotically didn't realize there had to be a 4 week gap between the 2nd monkeypox dose and the new Covid booster and only found out through the CVS application :ace: 

At least you got a second monkeypox dose. NYC won't allow people to get their second dose until TEN WEEKS after their first dose (which the CDC doesn't recommend nor is anywhere else doing this) because they still have too little supply for the demand. :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Hector said:

At least you got a second monkeypox dose. NYC won't allow people to get their second dose until TEN WEEKS after their first dose (which the CDC doesn't recommend nor is anywhere else doing this) because they still have too little supply for the demand. :deadbanana2:

Whoa :ace: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.