• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

7 hours ago, Harrier said:

Finally got it after 2 and a half years of avoiding it :skull:She comes for us all I fear

Yup same.. at least we’re both immune for a bit after we’re symptom free and negative?

6 minutes ago, Jotham said:
Again already? :deadbanana:

Nope, read the letter. He hasn't "caught it" again, he's testing positive again.

It's called rebound positivity and it's very common with Paxlovid treatment. 

There's going to be so much misinformation and misframing around this :ace: 

Just as a reminder, the only monoclonal antibody left that works on BA.5, bebtelovimab, is nearly impossible to get in the States right now on a wide scale :coffee2: 

14 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Nope, read the letter. He hasn't "caught it" again, he's testing positive again.

It's called rebound positivity and it's very common with Paxlovid treatment. 

Oh that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up. :celestial5: My initial assumption was that maybe he just had a false negative but this seems more logical.

1 minute ago, Jotham said:

Oh that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up. :celestial5: My initial assumption was that maybe he just had a false negative but this seems more logical.

No worries, there's still a lot of confusion around it as a concept, including confusion with false negatives. 

Unfortunately, governments around the world (bar mainland China, Macau and maybe Cambodia??) have kinda given up.

And life is not a bed of roses in some parts of China either, especially if you're a recent college grad. Partially because of COVID restrictions, China is currently experiencing 20% youth unemployment.  (Other contributing factors include the crackdown on tech companies and the almost total elimination of the private tuition industry.)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-27/china-covid-zero-success-in-chongqing-shows-why-xi-keeps-lockdowns

Chongqing is kinda like a near COVID-free paradise now.

Tourists snapped selfies at an ancient fortress while hundreds of partygoers packed into a gay bar this week, with barely a mask in sight. Ride-hailing-app users hopped into Didi Global Inc. cars to escape the city’s 40-degree Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) heat wave without scanning contact-tracing apps, unlike in Beijing. Domestic travelers poured into the city, which mostly doesn’t require quarantine on arrival.

I just tested positive for the first time this pandemic :cries: I was doing so well the past 2 and a half years and I got it. Thanks to my father and sister ffs.

I first started experiencing symptoms on Thursday and I tested positive 3 days later today (Sunday). For anyone that already had the virus, how long did it take you to beat the virus? Also, how do you know when your body is free of COVID? Did you get a PCR test from a health professional? Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, LookinAssHittas said:

I just tested positive for the first time this pandemic :cries: I was doing so well the past 2 and a half years and I got it. Thanks to my father and sister ffs.

I first started experiencing symptoms on Thursday and I tested positive 3 days later today (Sunday). For anyone that already had the virus, how long did it take you to beat the virus? Also, how do you know when your body is free of COVID? Did you get a PCR test from a health professional? Thanks in advance.

Well, it really depends. I had it for a second time a bit more than a month ago and it took me about 4-5 days after the initial symptoms until I would have considered myself healthy again. The cough did go on for about a week or two more, which I didn't help by being a smoker, of course. I didn't get tested beyond my initial positive test but I did follow the local guidelines of only breaking my isolation 5 days after my positive test AND 3 days after the last time I had fever. Which also kinda lined up with when I was fine, maybe a day after. I would say don't overthink and do what makes you comfortable. Follow what your country's responsive institution says but take it easy. It is just a virus in the end of the day, and one most of the people around have already had / are immune for.

I’m still testing positive after a week of my initial positive test. Yes, I have left my house a few times but I have worn a mask. The stares I get for wearing a mask. I wanted ice cream today and waited outside the door until it was my turn. The ******* LOOKS I was getting :rip: this pandemic will sadly continue for a few more years at least. We all have to make decisions on when/if we want to wear a mask. I’m being more cautious right now until I test negative.

anyone have mucus in their throat and constantly clearing it post COVID?  

On 7/31/2022 at 12:31 PM, LookinAssHittas said:

I tested positive on 7/24 and started feeling better after 3 nights, and am now basically fully recovered except for some slight lingering congestion

based on what I've read, you'll continue to test positive on a PCR probably for weeks after your initial contraction of the virus, and should look to antigen tests to determine if you're still infectious

I caught it for the first time :skull:

It was terrible, I wish nobody could endure that, and this comes from someone who had been vaccinated three times. 

I'm feeling a bit better now though. 

Edited by Pepo

4 hours ago, Pepo said:

I caught it for the first time :skull:

It was terrible, I wish nobody could endure that, and this comes from someone who had been vaccinated three times. 

I'm feeling a bit better now though. 

This is me, the sore throat is one of the worst things I’ve ever felt, I just couldn’t swallow anything for 2 days… awful, just awful!

Responding to a question from Marine Parade GRC Member of Parliament (MP) Seah Kian Peng, Ong elaborated, "It's no longer a function of percentage-coverage of vaccinations or infections, but it is the fact that it is a fast-mutating virus and it will escape prior infections’ and vaccine protection."

As such, Singapore should not aim for herd immunity where "we think the virus will disappear", but rather live with it and protect against severe illnesses, he said.

During his speech on the novel coronavirus situation in Singapore, the multi-ministry COVID-19 taskforce co-chair said that Singapore has yet to be conferred herd immunity, even as an estimated six in 10 Singapore residents have likely caught the disease.

The estimation is inferred from the Ministry of Health's (MOH) systematic monitoring of blood samples from routine polyclinic cases and other healthy volunteers for signs of previous infection.

In Singapore, some 1.7 million infections have been reported on record, or about 30 per cent of Singapore's population.

"By and large, scientists around the world do not think herd immunity is achievable because the virus will continue to mutate, escape the protection of vaccines and then infect people," he added.

Findings showed that the chance of getting reinfected with COVID-19 is "very rare" for those who had caught it over the last three months. The probability of getting reinfected is about three per cent that of an uninfected person for those who caught COVID-19 four to seven months ago, Ong said.

Comparatively, the probability of getting reinfected was about 20 per cent that of an uninfected person for those who caught the Delta variant last year.

Well, after more than two-years of avoiding Miss 'Rona, she caught up with me and I tested positive yesterday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.