2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

Posted (edited)

It's amazing how effective online influence campaigns have radicalized people. I saw one of my friend repost a TikTok about some "influencer" comparing the MET Gala to the Hunger Games' Effie Trinketย :rip:

ย 

except we don't live in a dictatorship (yet) as much as online keyboard warriors would love for that to be the case, it isn't. And the MET gala isn't a pre-party to government-endorsed murder of its own citizens. :rip:ย yet soooo many people who confuse critical thought with criticism repost that ****
ย 

Does our economic system favor the wealthy and entrap the poor? No ****. Does the government assign your job, control where you go, or others arbitrarily enforce rule of law? No.

ย 

I really don't know what this circle jerk fantasy of masochism will get you in the end, other than just being "on the right side of history!!!!!" with your online echo chamber babies, but goddamn, at least Thelma and Louise were driving off a cliff to escape a crime. Yall are just doing it toโ€ฆ Prove a point?

ย 

no one cares about your mediocre, uninspired lives

Edited by thesegayz
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tovitov said:

My opinion, Biden's job right now is to keep his 2020 coalition together if he wants to win in November. Polls say he's not, special elections and the 2022 midterms say he is.ย 

ย 

We'll find out soon enough either way.ย 

What elections in 2022 that Biden ran in did he win?

• Thanks 1

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesegayz said:

It's amazing how effective online influence campaigns have radicalized people. I saw one of my friend repost a TikTok about some "influencer" comparing the MET Gala to the Hunger Games' Effie Trinketย :rip:

ย 

except we don't live in a dictatorship (yet) as much as online keyboard warriors would love for that to be the case, it isn't. And the MET gala isn't a pre-party to government-endorsed murder of its own citizens. :rip:ย yet soooo many people who confuse critical thought with criticism repost that ****
ย 

Does our economic system favor the wealthy and entrap the poor? No ****. Does the government assign your job, control where you go, or others arbitrarily enforce rule of law? No.

ย 

I really don't know what this circle jerk fantasy of masochism will get you in the end, other than just being "on the right side of history!!!!!" with your online echo chamber babies, but goddamn, at least Thelma and Louise were driving off a cliff to escape a crime. Yall are just doing it toโ€ฆ Prove a point?

ย 

tLSIjuI.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thesegayz said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

People forget media is often a hyperbolic representation of reality, not a forecast ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

But yeah many have been radicalized and don't even realize it online on all sides. It's scary. It's one thing to advocate for causes, but it's another when these people become so hostile they're truly ready to harm others, devote their entire life to them, ruin all their relationships, and more, just to be "right." It isn't even actually helping anything

ย 

I canceled my NYT subscription way back when after some infuriating coverage (don't remember the topic) so it's funny to consider that Biden probably had the same realization.ย :laugh:

• Like 1

Merrick waited too long so Jack Smith had to scramble on the Jan 6 case and only charge Trump but given that SCOTUS is giving him excuses already none of the trials are going to save us. Aileen helped implode the Mar-a-Lago documents case and Fani barely survived, but I knew the latter wouldn't last now with the Georgia appeal.

ย 

Trump's getting elected.

ย 

Democrats lose the Senate by 2-4 seat margin and the House I give to Dems by a hair.

ย 

Locking in this prediction until October because this is a six-black-swan negative partisanship election and many things can still happen.

ย 

This is thanks mostly to Gaza and student loan court loses cancelling out Roe enthusiasm with the base, immigration and inflation cancelling out wage/job enthusiasm with moderates, and Trump effectively exploiting culture wars on young Latino and Black men.

ย 

I do think we'll be saved (albeit barely) from a national abortion ban and ACA overturn (after filibuster drops) once he is in from Collins, Murkowski, and a squeaked through even Senate or deficiency of 1 or 2 seats and level of outcry causing 2 R flips. The rest will have to be holds from federal judges on actions from Stephen Miller until SCOTUS gets involved, then we're ****ed.

ย 

I haven't decided who I'm going to write-in as I can't stand anyone running although I read the recent scenario of Trump's camp considering Virginia a swing. Biden has blood on his hands, Trump can choke on a cheeseburger, RFK can croak, and Jill can move to Moscow. I'll weigh in here when I get my absentee ballot. I can't stand Bernie at this point either but may put him in.

ย 

Godspeed everyone.ย 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

People forget media is often a hyperbolic representation of reality, not a forecast ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

But yeah many have been radicalized and don't even realize it online on all sides. It's scary. It's one thing to advocate for causes, but it's another when these people become so hostile they're truly ready to harm others, devote their entire life to them, ruin all their relationships, and more, just to be "right." It isn't even actually helping anything

The pro genocide anti-protesters like Kassi like to hear themselves talk just as much. It's been nonstop demonizing people and wishcasting that the protests would be "taken care of" for weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm glad people are coming to the realization that this Jackson man is a fraudย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The grifting needs to be called outย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thesegayz said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Don't blame the ceasefire movement for being much better at messaging compared to the Israeli side. I mean wtf is this:

ย 

Cross-duplicate from conflict thread

ย 

Posted (edited)

This is great news for Wisconsin and the town๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by GhostBox

Posted (edited)

still searching for that "fall" in the video"ย 

๐Ÿ”Ž

ย 

Edited by GhostBox

"Thereย is also a generational and ethnic split among voters: a majority of under-45s (55%), as well as pluralities of Black (44%) and Latino (48%) voters, think it's a genocide.

Despite the Israeli government's refusal to agree to a hostage deal earlier this week, our survey reveals that 70% of voters support a permanent ceasefire and de-escalation of violence in Gaza - the highest percentage since Data for Progress began tracking this in October. AmongDemocrats, that number reaches a whopping 83%,ย while for independents it is 65%. Even among Republicans, aย clear majority, 56%, say they back a permanent ceasefire."

ย 

Totally baffling that Biden isn't condemning the smears on protesters and anti-genocide Dems as antisemitic given the demographic breakdown. Atheists, Arab Americans, African Americans, and young Americans are all critical of Israel so it seems odd to alienate all those key demos. Does Biden consider Trump a threat or not?

• Like 1

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

A reminder that Paul Ryan is still on the board of Fox News :coffee2:ย 

ย 

Way to go down in flames. Too bad that chance at the NRA folded too :coffee2:ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The libertarian vs. MAGA populist split in the Republican Party claims its latest and greatest victim - the Koch Brothers FreedomWorks astroturf organization that arguably is singlehandedly responsible for launching the Tea Party.

ย 

A staggering indication of Trump's full takeover of the conservative movement.

ย 

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.