2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

4 minutes ago, Kassi said:

I don't get it. 

Are you denying that Hamas wants to genocide Jews? Or that Jews have been persecuted for centuries?

It seem pretty clear to me. Biden is putting Hamas in the long tradition of those who sought to eliminate Jews. 

Hamas is against Zionism, not Judaism. This is totally dishonest, but that is your game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Hamas is against Zionism, not Judaism. This is totally dishonest, but that is your game.

Hamas (the terrorist organization) are against Jews period. 
always  have and always will be. 

Edited by GhostBox

16 minutes ago, Kassi said:

I don't get it. 

Are you denying that Hamas wants to genocide Jews? Or that Jews have been persecuted for centuries?

It seem pretty clear to me. Biden is putting Hamas in the long tradition of those who sought to eliminate Jews. 

Genuinely disturbed by the insidiousness of how easily dishonest your posts are. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That's certainly one way to interpret their charter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostBox said:

Hamas are against Jews period. 
always  have and always will be. 

depositphotos_120537600-stock-illustrati

• Haha 1

Is anyone surprised? 

Just let Kamala take over already. This man is somehow uniting everyone against him.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

Genuinely disturbed by the insidiousness of how easily dishonest your posts are. 

You know he's talking specifically about one organization… right?

Not the Palestinian Authority, not Palestinian civilians, not Muslims, but a single organization with this in their charter:

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it."

"The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation, it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised."

"The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him.'"

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

What's insidious is misconstruing Biden's words to mean something completely different. It's so egregious I don't know if you're serious or not. 

He quite literally didn't say anything about Muslims or Arabs. Online leftism has truly jumped the shark. :biblio:

• Like 3

It's one thing for GhostBox to be a partisan and just support whatever Biden says. If Biden suddenly supported Palestine overnight, that user would convert to Islam and refer to him as Brother Joe. Most of their posts are self-admittedly not their own thoughts, which is a valid form of posting, sure. 

But to bob and weave a trail of hate requires being a clear ideologue with nefarious intentions. 

The 180 from this post in defense of Zionosm as an ethnonationalist movement:

"It's not black and white! It's not oppressor vs oppressed! It's not colonizers vs the colonized! There's nuance here needed to make progress in this conflict"

*Biden signals to liberals It is time to go full War on Terror*

Kassi 5 minutes later: "And what's wrong exactly with pointing out the reality that this is a centuries long conflict connected to oppressed Jewish people being oppressed by those who most defined by their innate desires to oppress Jews??"

Posted without hestiation without a single care for the material bigotry such posts aim to carry water for. Genuinely terrifying. Such people when allowed to say such without pushback devolve to this kind of behavior:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

It's not that deep.

"ancient hatred/desires" = antisemitism

His speechwriter just used some flowery language — likely to punctuate the duration of antisemitism and its ongoing impact to the Jewish experience. Nazi Germany wouldn't be considered "ancient" either, and the Russian pogroms which preceded it by 40 years wouldn't either.

It's the culmination of it all spanning back to the destruction of the second Temple that makes it ancient. If antisemitism was the avatar spirit (from ATLA), Biden is saying that Hamas is the latest incarnation of the Avatar. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, Kassi said:

His speechwriter just used some flowery language

This is what Kelly Ann Conway said on daytime talk shows when Trump referred to Mexican Americans as criminals, invaders, and rapists. 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Invalid poll. We only accept good polls for Biden here :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: 

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

This is what Kelly Ann Conway said on daytime talk shows when Trump referred to Mexican Americans as criminals, invaders, and rapists. 

Except that Trump said the words "Mexican", "criminals", "invasions", "rapist" often in the same sentences.

This is insane. Biden mentioned Hamas, by name, and put them in the tradition of antisemitic hate that runs back to ancient times.

By your (very twisted) logic, he could just as easily be implicating Italians since it was the Romans who exiled the Jews.  But you chose to settle on the most extreme, unfounded interpretation (if you can even call it that). :laugh:

• Like 3

Nahhhh, Joe Biden is just a virulent racist who wants all Arabs wiped out for the glory of Greater Israel and its expansion. There has never been a Middle East war that Joe Biden didn't support.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The time to stop that was 2016 when Democrats put up the worst possible presidential candidate as their nominee. Biden isn't going to do anything to save gay marriage from SCOTUS when Obergefell v. Hodges gets struck down and it's galling to imply that an institutionalist moron like him would even have half the spine required to do so :ahh: 

Unfortunately for Biden, Democrats, and, most importantly, the gays, marriage is a state issue (per the constitution).

So there are many loopholes that Republicans can exploit if Obergefell is struck down. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Except that Trump said the words "Mexican",

"President Trump never mentioned a race or ethnicity of people - he simply said there are criminals and rapists coming over the border. It is sick that liberals would try and deny that criminals are getting into our country and hurting innocent Americans" - one of Trump's neo-nazi Barbie press people throughout his presidency. 

This is literally you. 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

"President Trump never mentioned a race or ethnicity of people - he simply said there are criminals and rapists coming over the border. It is sick that liberals would try and deny that criminals are getting into our country and hurting innocent Americans" - one of Trump's neo-nazi Barbie press people throughout his presidency. 

This is literally you. 

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/06/16/theyre-rapists-presidents-trump-campaign-launch-speech-two-years-later-annotated/

See, I didn't have to twist myself into a pretzel to confirm that he did in fact refer to race and ethnicities. Life is so much easier when you stick to reality:laugh:

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Invalid poll. We only accept good polls for Biden here :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: 

You guys dont post the good ones. This PA poll specifically has Biden tied with Trump with RFK jr included and leading among likely voters. 

Biden also got his first lead in an Arizona poll today, but I see no ones posted it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

My opinion, Biden's job right now is to keep his 2020 coalition together if he wants to win in November. Polls say he's not, special elections and the 2022 midterms say he is. 

We'll find out soon enough either way. 

4 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

You guys dont post the good ones. This PA poll specifically has Biden tied with Trump with RFK jr included and leading among likely voters. 

Biden also got his first lead in an Arizona poll today, but I see no ones posted it. 

Yup they only post the bad ones. I'm not saying Biden's gonna win in the end but but come on lol 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Yup they only post the bad ones. I'm not saying Biden's gonna win in the end but but come on lol 

You just quoted a positive poll from me the other day. Quit lying.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You just quoted a positive poll from me the other day. Quit lying.

I think you posted 1 poll that was positive lol 

NYT fuming even harder 💀

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.